Looking for an RPG

Based and White Pilled

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm trying to find an RPG along the lines of Dragon's Dogma, the Witcher series, or the Elder Scrolls games on PC. I'd also be ok with traditional action RPGs in the style of Diablo, Titan Quest/Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc.

I know people will recommend Souls games. I've played them for a few hours. I enjoy the combat but the lack of tooltips and direction isn't for me. It makes it very tedious imo and I find myself spending way more time googling things than I'd like.

I enjoy classic RPGs with turn based or tactical pause combat, but right now I want to have more engaging real time combat to enjoy smashing some bad guys. Dragon Age/Mass Effect style combat is about as slow paced and disconnected as I'd like to go.

I think Wolcen Lords of Mayhem looks really good, but I'm tired of playing unfinished early access games do I'm going to wait for a while on it.

Please, give me your suggestions.

I'm trying to find an RPG along the lines of Dragon's Dogma, the Witcher series, or the Elder Scrolls games on PC. I'd also be ok with traditional action RPGs in the style of Diablo, Titan Quest/Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc.

I know people will recommend Souls games. I've played them for a few hours. I enjoy the combat but the lack of tooltips and direction isn't for me. It makes it very tedious imo and I find myself spending way more time googling things than I'd like.

I enjoy classic RPGs with turn based or tactical pause combat, but right now I want to have more engaging real time combat to enjoy smashing some bad guys. Dragon Age/Mass Effect style combat is about as slow paced and disconnected as I'd like to go.

I think Wolcen Lords of Mayhem looks really good, but I'm tired of playing unfinished early access games do I'm going to wait for a while on it.

Please, give me your suggestions.

Divinity 2, tyranny and pillars 2 i coming

^ this will be VERY good

Elex just came out, it might be worth a look. I haven't played it yet, but it's in my list of games to get to. The graphics and gameplay are nothing special and reviews are mixed, but the people that do like it say it scratches the right itch.

I'm an RPG guy, I'm looking forward to playing it. Just have to get through Nioh, Xenoblade 2, Ni No Kuni 2, and Monster Hunter Worlds first.

Last edited:
Ever play darksiders 2? Its super cheap and pretty fun. Kind of like zelda with a mucj better combat system and loot.

Divinity 2, tyranny and pillars 2 i coming

^ this will be VERY good

I have Divinity Original Sin 2 and Tyranny. Those two and Pillars are exactly the kind of slow paced classic RPG that I'm not looking for. I do like them, just not right now.
Elex just came out, it might be worth a look. I haven't played it yet, but it's in my list of games to get to. The graphics and gameplay are nothing special and reviews are mixed, but the people that do like it say it scratches the right itch.

I'm an RPG guy, I'm looking forward to playing it. Just have to get through Nioh, Xenoblade 2, Ni No Kuni 2, and Monster Hunter Worlds first.

I forgot about Nioh. I intend to get it. I'm also going to try monster Hunter world when it comes out on PC.

Scifi isn't usually my cup of tea, but I might give elex the old "try it before I buy it" treatment.
Ever play darksiders 2? Its super cheap and pretty fun. Kind of like zelda with a mucj better combat system and loot.
Yeah, I played it a long time ago. The class system and itemization were weak imo, but was pretty fun for a little hack and slash action.

Edit: just skimmed through a couple videos. I'm definitely going to give Elex a shot. It's reminiscent of Gothic/risen. Hopefully a little more player friend with maps, quest tracking, and stuff like that. I've gotten lazy in my gaming as I've grown up and have less free time.

I have Divinity Original Sin 2 and Tyranny. Those two and Pillars are exactly the kind of slow paced classic RPG that I'm not looking for. I do like them, just not right now.

I forgot about Nioh. I intend to get it. I'm also going to try monster Hunter world when it comes out on PC.

Scifi isn't usually my cup of tea, but I might give elex the old "try it before I buy it" treatment.

Yeah, I played it a long time ago. The class system and itemization were weak imo, but was pretty fun for a little hack and slash action.

Edit: just skimmed through a couple videos. I'm definitely going to give Elex a shot. It's reminiscent of Gothic/risen. Hopefully a little more player friend with maps, quest tracking, and stuff like that. I've gotten lazy in my gaming as I've grown up and have less free time.

elex is trash

Someone suggested Tyranny.

If you don't mind the text-heavy, top-down isometric RPG's (along the lines of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Pillars of Eternity, etc), Tyranny is the best game in that genre I've played in a long, long time.

Someone suggested Tyranny.

If you don't mind the text-heavy, top-down isometric RPG's (along the lines of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Pillars of Eternity, etc), Tyranny is the best game in that genre I've played in a long, long time.
I liked Tyranny a lot. I preferred its class/skill system to the more D&D cloneish one in Pillars.

I like a few of the D&D video games, but I generally don't like the way the class and skill system translate into games.

Wasteland 2 maybe? I had a lot of fun with that game

Fuck DS and anybody who calls that a RPG.

Deus Ex is cyber Witcher but very FPS in combat (which you can avoid almost 100%).

Wasteland 2 is a bit hmm. Not as good as Fallout 1 or 2 IMO. If you’ve never played the classic games and have some tolerance for clunky interfaces, then get them.

And if you want a fantastic game in your type then the new Planescape definitely is a buy. Better than Tyranny in what it does.

And if you want a fantastic game in your type then the new Planescape definitely is a buy. Better than Tyranny in what it does.
Lol that is exactly the type I'm trying to avoid. I was hoping for suggestions more like Dragon's Dogma or the Witcher series. I trying to find fun action combat with decent RPG elements. Turns out, it's not that easy to find both in one game.

Lol that is exactly the type I'm trying to avoid. I was hoping for suggestions more like Dragon's Dogma or the Witcher series. I trying to find fun action combat with decent RPG elements. Turns out, it's not that easy to find both in one game.

Deus Ex Human revolution and mankind divided. Yakuza 0, Yakuza 1 Kiwami. Dishonored 1&2 tho combat not so fun. All of the above are RPG wth combat. Dishonored though is more like Dark Souls then the rest.

Deus Ex gives you more choice in how and what you do.

Yakuza is goofy as fuck with loads of fun combat. Imagine Witcher in 1980s Japan with street fighter combat.

Back