Looking for friendly advice from the Mayberry...

cant believe no one mentioned this yet, but stop grooming and bathing now. by the time that tourney rolls around ur opponenet will be so repulsed being close to you he might tap to smells.

Come out to your opponents music. It will throw him off his game.

Thanks, everybody! I’m off to practice now to implement your advice!
I’ll check back later for more inspiration!

cant believe no one mentioned this yet, but stop grooming and bathing now. by the time that tourney rolls around ur opponenet will be so repulsed being close to you he might tap to smells.

I hate grappling nasty motherfuckers

Your training regimen sounds good. But I've never competed so take that with a grain of salt.

Since you're in the masters division, I say pull a Willy Wonka and come out with a cane and do a somersault.

giphy.gif

As far as walkout songs, I'd go with this one

Is this show gonna be at the Craneway Pavilion?
We've promoted a couple MMA shows there, its a good building and if the promoters set it up right it provides a fun, exciting atmosphere for the fights

I fought on figh to win pro 9 and won. Seth the promoter is a good dude, get on his good side by having a balls out match. It was a really fun expierence.

The only thing I added different to training was including slams from guard. Better to get comfortable offensively and defensively beforehand than be shocked by it.

For this and mma I ran out during my song and didn't really soak in the moment, take a nice leisurely walkout and take it in.

Once on the stage watch out for the strobe lights when they announce you they can be blinding.

Good luck Bill

At any point where you have more submission attempts than him pretend you're GSP back in the day and hold onto him for the rest of the bout, stall your way to a dominant victory

Wear a specially designed velcro/breakaway gi.
Then when he goes to grab you ---vvvvip----

mma_e_hallman_b1_576.jpg

Practice really isn’t the place to implement my advice

I only killed two of teammates today. Their sacarifcies were not in vain.

Is this show gonna be at the Craneway Pavilion?
We've promoted a couple MMA shows there, its a good building and if the promoters set it up right it provides a fun, exciting atmosphere for the fights

Yes, the venue looks cool!

I fought on figh to win pro 9 and won. Seth the promoter is a good dude, get on his good side by having a balls out match. It was a really fun expierence.

The only thing I added different to training was including slams from guard. Better to get comfortable offensively and defensively beforehand than be shocked by it.

For this and mma I ran out during my song and didn't really soak in the moment, take a nice leisurely walkout and take it in.

Once on the stage watch out for the strobe lights when they announce you they can be blinding.

Good luck Bill

I’ll walk slowly! Thanks, Dave!

Thanks, everybody. The Berry delivered for me today. In the morning, I was overthinking this for sure. Now, I’m just laughing my butt off. “Relax and enjoy the experience” isn’t always easy advice to follow.

Finding the right balance of seriousness and levity is my goal.

For this match go for submissions twice and transition to an oil check in intervals and repeat.

you shouldn't train too hard. Just focus on the guys hips and how they move. Focus on the hips and crotch. that's my advice

Throw a, "Stockton, motherfucker" his way to rattle his nerves a bit.

Back