Looking for friendly advice from the Mayberry...

images

Wear this hat and shirt.

Since this is the mayberry your training regiment should be benching the 275.

And even though it's a grappling tournament you should touch him with teh jab.

Also make sure to have an issue with your girlfriend or wife immediately prior to the tournament, making up one is okay too, and then post about it and ask for relationship advice.

I believe as a long time member of the mayberry this is the best bet.

Since you're in the masters division, I say pull a Willy Wonka and come out with a cane and do a somersault.

As far as walkout songs, I'd go with this one
imagine his opponents face if he walks out like this guy, throws the walking sticks and faces him doing this...
AnxiousPlushAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

Defense is a good offense. So do t let your opponent stun you and then position you on the top ropes and then proceed to slam you. Although if you can recover your wits quick enough to hit your opponent while you are seated on the top rope and then reverse the throw that would be good.

Are you the heel or the star?

Never done bjj but would advise to be mindful of the basics and make sure they're sharp. But wtf do I know! Good luck and I hope you win

As someone with minimal grappling experience, i'll only advise you on the walk out song. The choices you listed have been done to death. Pick something either new or that hasn't been done a million times.

Sweep the leg!!
Secondly walk out to "do you really want to hurt me" by Culture club. It will make your opponent think you are weak and you can then proceed to... SWEEP THE LEG!
You can thank me in your post fight win interview.

Joke songs are for cans, for those about to rock is solid, I'd recommend hells bells too.

There's not a lot to do in a month, cardio and submissions are your bread and butter. Tey real hard to avoid injury, don't lift.

Just know that when you walk out, all that you'll really focus on is him, the rest of the show won't matter. Just focus on your breathing and you'll be as good as usual.

Fight!

Back