Looking for new rock bands/artists to get into. Need suggestions

Langstarr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
My main genre I’m passionate about is 60’s/70’s/80’s rock. I also love outlaw style country, Jam music and metal (maiden, Metallica’s first 5, Tool, Sabbath). I need upbeat, sometimes aggressive, great musicianship.

Seems the “classic rock band” has gone by the wayside. Thank god Neil Young is still around.

Eh. Tough times for a rock fan. Only relatively new band I thoroughly enjoy is Royal Blood. They are interesting imo.

My main genre I’m passionate about is 60’s/70’s/80’s rock. I also love outlaw style country, Jam music and metal (maiden, Metallica’s first 5, Tool, Sabbath). I need upbeat, sometimes aggressive, great musicianship.

Seems the “classic rock band” has gone by the wayside. Thank god Neil Young is still around.

Not new and definitely not easily accessible but if you stick with it you will be rewarded with the choicest aged wine on the planet.

The Grateful Dead.

The Tea Party. They got pretty big outside of Canada but were yuge up here.

Jeff Martin is a modern day Jim Morrison.

Eh. Tough times for a rock fan. Only relatively new band I thoroughly enjoy is Royal Blood. They are interesting imo.
I disagree. Sure rock is no longer prominent on the radio, but there are thousands of outstanding rock bands these days. I find someone new to listen to almost on a daily basis.

I disagree. Sure rock is no longer prominent on the radio, but there are thousands of outstanding rock bands these days. I find someone new to listen to almost on a daily basis.
Where do you find them?

Alice in Chains is still putting out good rock.

White Denim?

Ty Segall?

Radio Moscow?

Assuming you already Jack White + his projects? (Dead Weather, Raconteurs, White Stripes

Colter Wall?

The Record Company is a newish band with an older rock sound.

Also, based on what you're into if you're not an Umphrey's McGee fan, you should be

Maybe Trivium

At least check out this solo

I'm assuming you've heard of Greta Van Fleet

Can't go wrong with the Foo (Fighters).

Last edited:
and i never pass up a chance to post this

Back