Looking for some advice for my amateur mma career

Brandon R Rodriguez

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So a quick background on myself, started off my ammy career at 18, lost my first three fights, won five in a row and lost my last one about two years ago. Between the age of 18-25 I took some long breaks which I now realize wasn't a wise choice. there's no more gyms in my town anymore but in about a month I'll be moving to Colorado and there's tons of gyms there so I'll be able to get to training again. My only issue is that I'm letting my age (25 soon to be 26) slow me down. My goal was to always be a pro and have a decent caeeer, never really had any intentions to go to the UFC or anything. Anyways, do you think a pro career is still realistic? Or should I just stick with the ammy circuit? I know it's my choice in the end but I'm just looking for some feedback and I know that you guys will be brutally honest. Thanks in advance.

Well you got the experience, so go pro. You may not become the next CM Punk but at least you will make some money out of it if you want to continue.

9 amateur fights is quite a lot. Give it a go

It's a goddamn brutal career path. But if you've already come this far and still have the drive, better to go for it then wonder what if. Just be sure to set yourself up with other career options and have an exit strategy. There is a reason why guys like Raging Al are in real-estate.

Personally, I'd just get a regular job and feel good knowing that as a former amateur mma fighter, I could still beat up most guys at the bar.

25 is young go for it and don’t live with regret

Not to be an ass because you are doing something that I would never do but.. you are 26 with and amateur record of 5-4 not exactly the best record. Invest the money for MMA training into school and save yourself future CTE.

But again not a path I would choose so I can't give you a fair answer

Back