Looking For Some Boxing Shoes

I have a pair of the Nike Speed Sweep and they're great. However I wish they come in a wider size since I have flat feet.

yeah man I noticed that. given that I wear fibram 5 fingers and train muay thai, im not used to have my toes crammed. boxing shoes in generally are all pointy and tight in the toe area.

thats the problem with ordering online. you cant try first. I originally ordered a pair of i cant remember now if it was asics or reebok. they were much wider and comfortable in the toe area. I ended up getting them too large, returned them, didnt have my size, so i grabbed the nikes. different brands design them differently

one thing about boxing shoes is they need to fit very snug, comfortable but snug otherwise it will hinder your footowork if your tripping over shoes 0.5 size too big.

That's cool and also, do you run in them as well? I'm debating in buying a pair because I hear they help strengthen your feet.
thats exactly why i bought them. run and jump rope in them.

My favorite boxing shoes are the Nike KO Mids. They are really stiff at first but feel great when broken in. I also like the Reebok boots, Nike HyperKO, and Nike Machomai. I really want to try those Adams boxing shoes too...their main model basically looks just like the Reebok boots. Everlast makes a couple good models too...go for the ones with the Michelin soles, the Elite High Top and the PIVT.

yeah man I noticed that. given that I wear fibram 5 fingers and train muay thai, im not used to have my toes crammed. boxing shoes in generally are all pointy and tight in the toe area.

thats the problem with ordering online. you cant try first. I originally ordered a pair of i cant remember now if it was asics or reebok. they were much wider and comfortable in the toe area. I ended up getting them too large, returned them, didnt have my size, so i grabbed the nikes. different brands design them differently

one thing about boxing shoes is they need to fit very snug, comfortable but snug otherwise it will hinder your footowork if your tripping over shoes 0.5 size too big.

The 5 Fingers (primarily their benefits) were proven to he hokum. But I used them for years and still have my old pair in my bag for gym work. They did the business for me

anyone know some good brands for wide feet?

I use Nike Takedown 4 wresting shoes and am very happy with them. Great fit and feel, very responsive, just don't get them in white like I did, the sweat and dirt have made them look disgusting.

I've decided to save up and invest in the HyperKO. Reason being it has arch support (I'm flat footed) and I've always wanted this shoe ever since I decided to focus specifically on boxing. Do you guys know any other sites other than AthletePS and Dicks that are reliable? I found this place https://www.fighters-inc.com/boxing-shoes-nike-hyperko-1130.html but is this legit?

[<diva2] Why would you want arch support if you are flat footed ?? You dont have a arch to support.

[<diva2] Why would you want arch support if you are flat footed ?? You dont have a arch to support.

Flat feet and flat shoes causes my ankles to be misaligned due to the excessive eversion. The ankle support gives me proper ankle alignment

Flat feet and flat shoes causes my ankles to be misaligned due to the excessive eversion. The ankle support gives me proper ankle alignment

So, do you want ankle alignment or arch support for the arches you don't have ??

In boxing you are more on the ball of your foot, ideally. I remember coming up when I was young in PAL boxing and sometimes coach would make us do pushups if he caught us with our heels on the floor ( if that was an area of focus for the day ).

<LikeReally5> .

I own Adidas Box Hog II boots. They fit well and they're comfortable. But certain sections of the soles began to detach after only a few months of use. I glued them on again and they've been fine ever since.

So, do you want ankle alignment or arch support for the arches you don't have ??

In boxing you are more on the ball of your foot, ideally. I remember coming up when I was young in PAL boxing and sometimes coach would make us do pushups if he caught us with our heels on the floor ( if that was an area of focus for the day ).

<LikeReally5> .

Yeah if you've got flat feet while boxing you need to assess your style.

What I typed definitely sounded wrong looking back. By flat feet I mean that if I stand regularly, my arches are so flat that my I have excessive inversion or pronation syndrome. Because of this, this keeps my ankles out of place and cause knee valgus and other kinetic chain misalignments. Having arch support in my shoes is great because it sets my foot in a neutral position eliminating the misalignment. I also have to do corrective exercises to alleviate tight muscles and "awaken" the muscles in the arch. Makes me wish I walked around barefoot more when I was younger

"Your heels have no reason to be on the ground."

- My coach

Attachments

• Pronation+Distortion+Syndrome.jpg
    Pronation+Distortion+Syndrome.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 7
Title has a 25% off coupon right now.

That being said, I always used wrestling shoes

I have found the Nike Machomai, Nike KO, and Nike HyperKO’s to be the most comfortable and best performing shoes for me personally. The only negative is that the sole on these shoes (all 3 have identical soles) can wear down fairly quickly, especially if you are using them a lot outside of the ring. So I would definitely not recommend using them much for running, especially on hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt. I like the Reebok and Adams Boxing shoes as well, but they are just really annoying to get on and off. Plus I feel like all that ankle support is a little unnecessary, at least for me personally.

I have found the Nike Machomai, Nike KO, and Nike HyperKO’s to be the most comfortable and best performing shoes for me personally. The only negative is that the sole on these shoes (all 3 have identical soles) can wear down fairly quickly, especially if you are using them a lot outside of the ring. So I would definitely not recommend using them much for running, especially on hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt. I like the Reebok and Adams Boxing shoes as well, but they are just really annoying to get on and off. Plus I feel like all that ankle support is a little unnecessary, at least for me personally.

HyperKO are the goat if you ask me.

Back