Hard to go wrong with a Seamaster.

Not too long ago I almost pulled the trigger on this one:

unworn-blue-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-co-axial-ceramic-p1855-7962_medium.jpg

Congrats on your new Omega, sherbro.

Hard to go wrong with a Seamaster.

Not too long ago I almost pulled the trigger on this one:

unworn-blue-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-co-axial-ceramic-p1855-7962_medium.jpg

Congrats on your new Omega, sherbro.

Thank you. That one you posted is the smaller dial, correct?

I also really like this one but have a chronograph already.
Omega-x-Orbis-Speedmaster-Chronograph-Watch-3.jpg

About to step up my watch game.

First buy is going to be old faithful:

00pp-omega-seamaster-300-m-watch-in-stainless-steel-circa-2000.jpg

Then likely going with this guy:

tangomat-detail-slider-2.jpg
I have the tangente (manual wind). It’s a great watch.

yea I like the James bond one Omega made. I just like the style of the breitling better

My ex who I had just been dating for a few months at the time bought me an Omega Seamaster 300 Limited Edition... It's the watch James Bond wears in Spectre. I told her not to get anything expensive and she went the other way...

We broke up after 9 months or so... cause she was fuckin' crazy. I returned to watch too eventually... i don't like wearing expensive shit cause i'd be incredibly pissed if i scratched it.. it was an incredibly gorgeous watch though.

Thank you. That one you posted is the smaller dial, correct?

I also really like this one but have a chronograph already.
Omega-x-Orbis-Speedmaster-Chronograph-Watch-3.jpg

Nah, the one I posted is the updated (but not 2018) version of the Seamaster Professional 300 that you posted.

41mm, ceramic bezel, dark blue dial, no waves

The one you posted is a 40mm with aluminum bezel with wavy dial.

Both are nice, but the ceramic bezel will hold up much better when it comes to scratches. They're virtually scratch proof.

Nah, the one I posted is the updated (but not 2018) version of the Seamaster Professional 300 that you posted.

41mm, ceramic bezel, dark blue dial, no waves

The one you posted is a 40mm with aluminum bezel with wavy dial.

Both are nice, but the ceramic bezel will hold up much better when it comes to scratches. They're virtually scratch proof.

Ah O.K. I didn't think they made a 41mm with that darker blue color.

My ex who I had just been dating for a few months at the time bought me an Omega Seamaster 300 Limited Edition... It's the watch James Bond wears in Spectre. I told her not to get anything expensive and she went the other way...

We broke up after 9 months or so... cause she was fuckin' crazy. I returned to watch too eventually... i don't like wearing expensive shit cause i'd be incredibly pissed if i scratched it.. it was an incredibly gorgeous watch though.

I'm sure you're a great guy and all...but damn she must have been crazy to drop that kind of money when someone has only been together for a few months.

For those of you with rolexes and omegas. How often do you get your watch serviced and how much does it cost you?

That’s my favourite omega bond version.

I'm sure you're a great guy and all...but damn she must have been crazy to drop that kind of money when someone has only been together for a few months.

no arguments from me. she had her issues but she was madly in love with me . the gift was simply too expensive and too early in the relationship and I was super uncomfortable with it. her mom also really liked me a lot and was so sad when we broke it off. she still talks to my parents. when she started dating a new guy her mom told my parents that she liked me way more cause I wasn't a little bitch who catered to her little tantrums.

Ah O.K. I didn't think they made a 41mm with that darker blue color.

Indeed they do. There's also a black version, though I prefer the blue.

Jomashop has both for a great price.

Check 'em out. They're legit.

For those of you with rolexes and omegas. How often do you get your watch serviced and how much does it cost you?

I purchased a Rolex Milgauss back in December of 2011 at a local AD.

It runs perfectly so I have yet to get it serviced.

I used to have a Seamaster Great White (used) which IIRC, had been serviced prior to me buying it.

I've since sold or traded that one (I honestly can't remember which,) but I regret doing so.

My Planet Ocean is relatively new, so I don't foresee having to have it serviced anytime soon.

About the only thing I did inquire about and may have done in the near future is to have my Milgauss polished and buffed at the dealer where I bought it. I think I was quoted around $300 or $350. Somewhere in that range, but that's to make it look new again. The inner links are polished (as is the bezel,) and the outer links are brushed so I'm sure it's a pain in the ass.

I've got my eye on the new Pepsi, and if I can pick that one up, I'll get my Milgauss looking like new and store it away for a bit.

As far as servicing, I'll plan on waiting until I see that there's an issue with the movement; i.e. running too fast or too slow.

As it is, I try to go easy on my nicer watches.

I purchased a Rolex Milgauss back in December of 2011 at a local AD.

It runs perfectly so I have yet to get it serviced.

I used to have a Seamaster Great White (used) which IIRC, had been serviced prior to me buying it.

I've since sold or traded that one (I honestly can't remember which,) but I regret doing so.

My Planet Ocean is relatively new, so I don't foresee having to have it serviced anytime soon.

About the only thing I did inquire about and may have done in the near future is to have my Milgauss polished and buffed at the dealer where I bought it. I think I was quoted around $300 or $350. Somewhere in that range, but that's to make it look new again. The inner links are polished (as is the bezel,) and the outer links are brushed so I'm sure it's a pain in the ass.

I've got my eye on the new Pepsi, and if I can pick that one up, I'll get my Milgauss looking like new and store it away for a bit.

As far as servicing, I'll plan on waiting until I see that there's an issue with the movement; i.e. running too fast or too slow.

As it is, I try to go easy on my nicer watches.
Polishing a watch reduces its value, you want to keep it as original as possible

Back