Looking to buy a rifle:

make sure you get a steel buttplate version too , double duty as a steel clubber.

model 7600

Wow, thats a pretty different gun. How long have they been making that? I have never seen it before. I know the few pump action rifles that have come out over the years (besides .22) usually only get a few years of production.

I personally would prefer the Remington Model 700. Or a Browning BAR, even though I dont trust semi-auto's nearly as much as a pump or bolt action, but they are just all kinds of badass.

Wow, thats a pretty different gun. How long have they been making that? I have never seen it before. I know the few pump action rifles that have come out over the years (besides .22) usually only get a few years of production.

I personally would prefer the Remington Model 700. Or a Browning BAR, even though I dont trust semi-auto's nearly as much as a pump or bolt action, but they are just all kinds of badass.

They have been maknig it for a LONG time. I bought mine 5 years ago i think but my dad figures his which was my granpa's was purchased in 1945-1950. The pump rifle just never caught on in North America really so that's pretty much the only rifle with a pump nowadays in north america. They've come along way and they claim they shoot as well as any bolt and I could always relaod faster with that than a bolt.

As for the semi's they do tend to jam if you shoot fast or get dirty. My cousin's BAR is amazing though, It's a nice gun but expensive and heavy for the terrain I hunt.

They've been making the 7600 for awhile (probably 30 years).

If it's that old, it's a 760. I looked them up, the 760 was made from 1952 to 1981. The 7600 has been made from 1981.

They have been maknig it for a LONG time. I bought mine 5 years ago i think but my dad figures his which was my granpa's was purchased in 1945-1950. The pump rifle just never caught on in North America really so that's pretty much the only rifle with a pump nowadays in north america. They've come along way and they claim they shoot as well as any bolt and I could always relaod faster with that than a bolt.

As for the semi's they do tend to jam if you shoot fast or get dirty. My cousin's BAR is amazing though, It's a nice gun but expensive and heavy for the terrain I hunt.

Hey Rukshaw,

Do you have anymore input that you wanted to give?
What do you want to shoot?

Ums lookins fur sumpin I can kill lofsa dings with.

rednecks.jpg

Am I the only one who notices the legs on that girl in the back? :icon_chee

A friend of mine has a 30-06 rifle that was almost mine, but which is is a damn accurate rifle. It will also knock the hell out of you too, old rifle.

What kind of rifle you should get depends on what your needs are, the area you live in and the activitys you have in mind. Ive shot and killed deer with 30-30 rifles easily, and the word Ive heard is the model 94 30-30 has killed more deer than any other rifle in North America. Whether or not thats true, I dont know. But the fact remains its a popular rifle for a reason. Ive had assault rifles in the past, I wasnt to fond of them. Some are better than others though, at this point in life though a good hunting rifle means more to me than some flashy rifle with a 30 round clip. But an ar15 is on my must have list in the future.

Good luck.

Depends what you want to shoot, i just got a russian SKS, considering its about the cheapest gun u can get, for open sights, semi auto im pretty happy, i mean its inaccurate as shit but.. oh well. If you want to be able to shoot animals and cheap i'd suggest the savage 110(i think?) Never had a problem with save, basic and simple. Someone suggested a Tikka, well if u wanna empty your bank account go for it, but you can get guns just as nice for half the price. Also personally i'd never get a pump action rifle. but thats just me

Stop by your local gun shop.

Back