Losing balance during over under pass

Great info, thank you! I will try angling when clearing the knee, and definitely will start getting to this from headquarters, which I keep ending up in lately anyways.

Good to know I’m gonna try the kneebar threat out. And that makes sense, Bernardo shows attacking it from butterfly guard but he holds the foot and straightens the leg out, which definitely seems like a kimura opportunity for me. I’m gonna try passing more square or even to the under side
This is it, be nice and gentle....

Ronnie Wuest the guy in this video is the guy I copied it from.

If you are trying to copy Bernardo keeps in mind that he relies on monstrous strength and doesn't keep good head position.
you need to face away from the guy

This is pretty much how I do it.

this has been my pass for years and im not sure that has ever happened...if youre underhooking with your right arm then most of your weight should be actively driving thru your left shoulder and almost turned hip down that direction, it should be nearly impossible for him to move you that way unless hes a gorilla or theres a huge size difference...this has probably already been mentioned, i didnt read all the comments

the kneebar vid up there is pretty much spot on to how i do it, sometimes i like to hangout in a tripod for a few seconds before passing just to smash lol

this has been my pass for years and im not sure that has ever happened...if youre underhooking with your right arm then most of your weight should be actively driving thru your left shoulder and almost turned hip down that direction, it should be nearly impossible for him to move you that way unless hes a gorilla or theres a huge size difference...this has probably already been mentioned, i didnt read all the comments
My pressure has been shit on this pass mostly. I am now trying to drop my hips a little more as I was tripoding before, along with actively trying to extend the over leg when moving to the side and beating the knee. It’s still a work in progress and I’m getting pretty close to calling it quits and just working on my over over and bodylock passing

My pressure has been shit on this pass mostly. I am now trying to drop my hips a little more as I was tripoding before, along with actively trying to extend the over leg when moving to the side and beating the knee. It’s still a work in progress and I’m getting pretty close to calling it quits and just working on my over over and bodylock passing
Don't give it up on it as I'm sure it's something minor and it's a great tool to have in your locker.

Is there anyone at your gym who is good at it to grab for some help? Even if they don't use the pass your coach or some more experienced guys will be able to give you pointers based on how it feels while you do the pass on them or watching you do it. They'll know if your base is off, your body position is wrong etc. and even if they never do it they'll likely have been on the receiving end of it enough in the past to fix this pretty easily for you. It sounds like you have the mechanics of the pass down but just something small missing still you won't really get from a video.

Don't give it up on it as I'm sure it's something minor and it's a great tool to have in your locker.

Is there anyone at your gym who is good at it to grab for some help? Even if they don't use the pass your coach or some more experienced guys will be able to give you pointers based on how it feels while you do the pass on them or watching you do it. They'll know if your base is off, your body position is wrong etc. and even if they never do it they'll likely have been on the receiving end of it enough in the past to fix this pretty easily for you. It sounds like you have the mechanics of the pass down but just something small missing still you won't really get from a video.
Yeah that’s a really good idea. I’m gonna get the guy who keeps hook sweeping me to help me out with the pressure. I ended up having some success with it last night, but there wasn’t really anybody that challenging in that class, so I’m still unsure how right I’m doing it. I was focusing on squeezing my legs together and turning my hips which really helped me straighten their leg while beating the knee line. That was my biggest issue was getting swept on the over side beating the knee line, which I’m almost positive was because they still had an active hook, so I need to straighten their leg earlier I believe. Last week I got swept twice on the over side which has to be from bad pressure on the hips, I need to get my head across more I believe. Also, I tried Bernardo’s pressure style of tripoding a lot and just can’t get the same pressure as if I kept my hips lower and really drove my shoulder into them with my legs, like how Henry Akins shows side control pressure.

im gonna keep at it, but damn does it get discouraging sometimes.

Yeah that’s a really good idea. I’m gonna get the guy who keeps hook sweeping me to help me out with the pressure. I ended up having some success with it last night, but there wasn’t really anybody that challenging in that class, so I’m still unsure how right I’m doing it. I was focusing on squeezing my legs together and turning my hips which really helped me straighten their leg while beating the knee line. That was my biggest issue was getting swept on the over side beating the knee line, which I’m almost positive was because they still had an active hook, so I need to straighten their leg earlier I believe. Last week I got swept twice on the over side which has to be from bad pressure on the hips, I need to get my head across more I believe. Also, I tried Bernardo’s pressure style of tripoding a lot and just can’t get the same pressure as if I kept my hips lower and really drove my shoulder into them with my legs, like how Henry Akins shows side control pressure.

im gonna keep at it, but damn does it get discouraging sometimes.

The head needs to be across on their hip, looking a bit towards their legs, unless you take fucktons of roids you aren't strong enough to keep the head kind of in like Bernardo does as guys will push your neck to the center with their forarm and twisting it up and the
To pressure more with the shoulder I pull their belt with the under arm.

The head needs to be across on their hip, looking a bit towards their legs, unless you take fucktons of roids you aren't strong enough to keep the head kind of in like Bernardo does as guys will push your neck to the center with their forarm and twisting it up and the
i definitely need to work on this, the only issue is sometimes I get rolled if I turn too much it seems. Like rolled over from their hook before I clear it

i definitely need to work on this, the only issue is sometimes I get rolled if I turn too much it seems. Like rolled over from their hook before I clear it
I dont turn my body significantly. Just adjust your neck angle.

I dont turn my body significantly. Just adjust your neck angle.
Ok I’m going to try to focus on keeping my head facing away and down by their hip next class. I probably lose position on it while thinking of everything else during the pass. I appreciate it

Back