Lost a stripe last night, so confused now

Bummer. I do believe that instead of running a whipping gauntlet on you your instructor and 6-7 of his best students are gonna run a train on your corn hole.

File and official request with IBJJF for your stripe to be reinstated.

Usual turnaround is about 3-4 weeks.

I enjoy satire as much as the next guy, but that wall of text is ridiculous.

Stripes are for zebras and tigers. You are neither so take all your stripes off.
Did you come here to brag that you are almost a purple belt. If you did then you are far from ready to handle being a purple belt.
If that was not your intention you really should work on being a better thread started because this thread is a thread of a one stripe white belt

Your Professor should know if your ready for a Purple belt regardless of missing stripe

The craziest thing happened after class today. As I walked off the mats and into the locker room, I felt something on my foot. A piece of tape that is used to mark positions on the mats had stuck to the bottom of my foot. It's the same tape used for stripes. So I applied it to the belt. While it doesn't have the exact same mojo as the original stripe, having been previously affixed to the mats it probably built up a good amount.

I'll also add that when I applied it, I'd never had my belt that close to my face. Goddamn does it stink. You guys that wash your belts may actually be onto something. Is there a way to clean/deodorize a belt that doesn't involve mojo loss? I've heard of guys that spray Lysol on theirs, but that probably burns if it gets into a training partner's eyes. Maybe I could put it in the microwave for a few seconds or expose it to UV light or something?

I'm a 4 stripe blue, or I should say I was a 4 stripe blue. Went to class last night everything was normal, felt really good. We had a good mix of belt levels show up. Breezed through the warmups, did some fairly basic drilling, some positional training, and then on to rolling. Had maybe 5 or 6 good rolls and decided to call it a night. Get up to start walking out and I look down and notice a stripe is missing from my belt. WTF???!!! I'm frantic and in a panic at this point. Start walking all over the mats looking for it, but it's nowhere to be found. Walk around to all of my training partners to see if it stuck to any of their gis, but no luck. Then I realize a couple of guys have already left. Fuck!!!!! So I IMMEDIATELY Facebook message them asking if they noticed a stripe stuck to their gis. Nothing. My luck it probably fell off in the parking lot or they already washed them.

Fast forward to today, I show up for class and I just fucking knew it would be an issue when we have to line up in the beginning of class in rank order. I'm going to have to explain to whoevers there that I'm actually a 4 stripe and one is just missing. But what if they want to be a pain in the ass about it? Or even worse, if a legit 3 stripe decides they want to line up before me, is it worth arguing over? Luckily none of that happened, but now I have to worry about it every class. What if professor forgets I had 4 stripes and decides to promote me by giving me another stripe in the future (instead of a Purple). Would I technically be a 5 stripe blue at that point? Fuck.

One of the dudes in the locker room suggested just telling professor and getting another piece of tape. I thought about that, but besides looking like an idiot, it wouldn't technically be the original stripe, so would be missing its mojo. 3 fucking years I've had this blue belt, and never washed it so as to not lose any mojo, and now I'm going to add an unoriginal stripe to it? No.

What do people think? Should I go back and scour the place for it again? Maybe check the parking lot? Start calling people up I rolled with in case they just missed my FB message? What would F12 do?

Blue Belt problems...

The craziest thing happened after class today. As I walked off the mats and into the locker room, I felt something on my foot. A piece of tape that is used to mark positions on the mats had stuck to the bottom of my foot. It's the same tape used for stripes. So I applied it to the belt. While it doesn't have the exact same mojo as the original stripe, having been previously affixed to the mats it probably built up a good amount.

I'll also add that when I applied it, I'd never had my belt that close to my face. Goddamn does it stink. You guys that wash your belts may actually be onto something. Is there a way to clean/deodorize a belt that doesn't involve mojo loss? I've heard of guys that spray Lysol on theirs, but that probably burns if it gets into a training partner's eyes. Maybe I could put it in the microwave for a few seconds or expose it to UV light or something?

Anoint it in oils of oregano, cedar, and rosemary.

Not only will it disinfect it, it will actually add even more mojo.

Anoint it in oils of oregano, cedar, and rosemary.

Not only will it disinfect it, it will actually add even more mojo.

Seems like that would be cheating. Like bomba for a stripe.

Seems like that would be cheating. Like bomba for a stripe.

quote-do-you-want-to-be-a-fucking-fighter-dana-white-277749.jpg

Everyones using Mojo Enhancing Ointments for their rituals now; if you wanna to be a winner, you gotta get on that shit too bro.

Last edited:
The satire was not lost on me.... I laughed

Such a trash thread. But i can't deny that I've enjoyed the responses.

LOLWUT? That would be borderline self-promotion. The only thing worse is being a creonte.

Are you serious? It's not a self promotion if you are in fact a 4 stripe blue

I think the sarcasm went over a few people's heads in here.

Back