Low Recruit Discipline Prompts Army to Redesign Basic Training

I don't know about entitled but there can be no argument that there is a massive issue with the lack of physicality in modern youth. We need to have a massive overhaul of our PE programs k-12. Less AP classes and more running. Plus we need more contact sports which require us as a society to say co-ed contact sports are a bad idea. Boys should be with boys so they can read their max performace on the field.
Fully in agrrement about te introduction of combat sports in schools.

I was a pretty chubby kid in school, and P.E. was just a game of football on a Monday morning. I hated it, so I just sat on the side and did nothing.

A couple years later, and they started introduc8ng more options, including MMA classes and Boxing classes, and I gave %110 every session. Outworking and outgrappling lads mich smaller and fitter than myself. Combat sports build character, discipline, and fitness, and should be mandatory in schools, everywhere.

Come talk to me after you've served you're country and have done combat tours.

And you're welcome for the protection I've provided you, you ungrateful bitch.

A firefighter doesn't check what kind of person lives in the house before he responds to defend

Because that would make him a sorry excuse for a firefighter

And not worth the respect of his other firefighters who do that same job in service to the public, the whole fucking public, because that's what real servicemen do

Show respect for the nation you serve and you'll be worth respect

If people don't like what I have to say, oh well. Preception is reality. Every man has his own truth to an extent.

Could I have worded what I said more *differently* or more *politically correct* sure, but in the same breath fuck that. Tolerance and political correctness is what got us in this problem which our country now faces and has become. A pathetic shit show. Because no one has anymore balls to stand up for what is morally right

Bitch please you have more in common with the Islamic Caliphate and Sharia law than the US Constitution in this thread

You didn't pay attention in history class so now you want the free world to cull a "moral" majority in the population. Fuck out of here

Last edited:

I was a pretty chubby kid in school, and P.E. was just a game of football on a Monday morning. I hated it, so I just sat on the side and did nothing.

A couple years later, and they started introduc8ng more options, including MMA classes and Boxing classes, and I gave %110 every session. Outworking and outgrappling lads mich smaller and fitter than myself. Combat sports build character, discipline, and fitness, and should be mandatory in schools, everywhere.

Imagine the rage and outcry from the left.

You can find quotes from Aristotle and Hesiod about how the Greek youth are becoming more and more entitled, disrespectful and irresponsible.

Food for thought if you ever find yourself bitching about the failings of the new generation. The youth hasn't changed, you've just become an old man.

well...yes, to an extent. But one must also take into consideration the vastly different dynamics of society then and society now. Imagine if Aristotle had a FB :)

The Administration includes plenty of warmongers who want to send American men to fight very expensive useless wargames in far-away places. Take the men out of the homes, take the mothers out of the homes - and the children can be more easily controlled by the deep state.

Imagine the rage and outcry from the left.
I'v discussed this with a lot of people, of differing ages nd viewpoints, and the concerns they express, display such an ignorance of martial arts.

"They'll just be more violent" - ignoring the notion that outward displays of aggression and violence arise from insecurity and a lack of discipline. If everyone knew how to fight, there'd be a lot less bullying, that's for sure.

As long as the Army is willing to take the hit on females disproportionately washing out that will be fine.

I personally think it will be modified within a year.

Wrestling got saved but the video is still fitting.

Wrestling got saved but the video is still fitting.

I wish wrestling was a thing, here, in the UK. Over here, whenever someone mentions wrestling, people assume you're talking about bodyslams and elbow drops. They think a double leg is something that is saved for the bedroom.

i think peace time is one of the biggest reasons able bodied men arent joining.

1. i would be afraid that joining would be incredibly boring for years on end like cleaning toilets. (we all know we arent fighting lava monsters every night like the commercials) and after the service is done you are still.going to be relatively broke.

and 2. hot women are going to marry rich dudes. they arent scared of the threats abroad. you are more likely to get spit on by a purple haired feminist when you get back.

those would be my biggest roadblocks to joining.

and i think the internet solves both of those problems for most people unfortunately.

we need a real enemy to solve the recruit problem

I don't get this. You sound hopeful for a real enemy. If there is no enemy there is no recruit problem. Don't look to create a problem that isn't there.

I don't get this. You sound hopeful for a real enemy. If there is no enemy there is no recruit problem. Don't look to create a problem that isn't there.
good point. for that id say the moment recruits arent needed at all chaos is going to naturally emerge.

so some sort of permanent defense is needed. but a solution for complacency is necessity.

Back