Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte - WBC Final Eliminator Ordered

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The winner would become the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs).

Wilder is scheduled to return in the coming, potentially in a voluntary defense against Dominic Breazeale - if a deal is not reached for unification with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO champion Anthony Joshua.

whyte-ortiz.jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-vs-dillian-whyte-wbc-final-eliminator-ordered--127502

Good fight.

if ortiz can make it to the ring, i have him by KO.

I got Ortiz by KO.

Or maybe Whyte wins without stepping in the ring by Ortiz setting another urine sample cup on fire.

Whyte better keep those hands up when hes slinging leather. He has some nice offense but he leaves himself very open. Ortiz is pretty damn slick and his speed is deceiving.

When I heard about this fight the first thing I thought about was wondering how much that Deontay fight took out of Ortiz. He did a great job but that was a war and he took a brutal beating and ko. At his age, with his mileage being from Cuba and probably doing this for 35 years or so, that last fight might take much more of toll than it would on a younger fighter with less mileage on him.

E.g. Whyte who was also brutally ko'd with an uppercut by AJ, but was and is a much younger and fresher fighter.

I really like this fight, we'll see how it plays out. I favor Ortiz but I do think that WIlder might've punched him closer to retirement than a lot of us realize. considering that brutal fucking beating he took in a back and forth war. We'll see if he looks sharp, if he does then it's gonna be a tall task for Whyte. Not gonna be an easy fight either guy, imo.

Lol wut? So dyllian was named mandatory then might be named mandatory after beating Luiz, meanwhile brazeale comes from nowhere to take a voluntary defense slot after beating molina. I'd be pissed if I were whyte and this is laughable if true.

Wow.

I hope this is political power playing for other reasons and not really true

When I heard about this fight the first thing I thought about was wondering how much that Deontay fight took out of Ortiz. He did a great job but that was a war and he took a brutal beating and ko. At his age, with his mileage being from Cuba and probably doing this for 35 years or so, that last fight might take much more of toll than it would on a younger fighter with less mileage on him.

E.g. Whyte who was also brutally ko'd with an uppercut by AJ, but was and is a much younger and fresher fighter.

I really like this fight, we'll see how it plays out. I favor Ortiz but I do think that WIlder might've punched him closer to retirement than a lot of us realize. considering that brutal fucking beating he took in a back and forth war. We'll see if he looks sharp, if he does then it's gonna be a tall task for Whyte. Not gonna be an easy fight either guy, imo.
Very good point.

Poor dyllian being caught playing second fiddle. Although I guess he's put himself in that position.

It's a good fight though regardless of politics.

Poor dyllian being caught playing second fiddle. Although I guess he's put himself in that position.

It's a good fight though regardless of politics.
Sets him up really well if he wins. Makes for a much bigger fight vs Wilder or rematch with AJ.

Sets him up really well if he wins. Makes for a much bigger fight vs Wilder or rematch with AJ.
If he wins sure. It's a winnable fight. I'd give ortiz an edge. But why brezeale? Thats shady man.

If he wins sure. It's a winnable fight. I'd give ortiz an edge. But why brezeale? Thats shady man.
Probably as a form of telling Hearn to get fucked if they dont get the AJ fight done.

A good fight indeed, definitely looking forward to it.

I agree that's BS. Brezeale is a bum.

But Whyte vs Ortiz is a good fight that I'm looking forward to.

Back