LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: December 18, 2012

Quentin Tarantino Once Considered Making a LUKE CAGE Movie

Quentin-Tarantino-Luke-Cage-121812-Dragonlord.jpg

Until Joss Whedon directed Marvel's The Avengers, that kind of director/geek flick pairing existed, for the most part, only in the minds of fanboys. But Whedon isn't the only filmmaker to top comic book movie wish lists: Another popular name that gets tossed around as the perfect superhero helmer is Quentin Tarantino.

The man respects the genre like no other, and he's sure to have a unique spin on a classic set-up. Way back when, Warner Bros. apparently approached Tarantino when they were first considering turning Green Lantern into their next big superhero project. Though the director turned them down, the idea of a Tarantino-directed superhero flick is a hard one for geeks to shake.

As it turns out, he had. Shortly after the success of his first film, Tarantino toyed with the idea of making a film starring one of Marvel's most popular heroes. He even had a leading man in mind.

"After 'Reservoir Dogs,' I had considered doing a 'Luke Cage, Hero for Hire' movie. [Producer] Ed Pressman owned the rights at that time, and we talked about it," he told us. "I talked to Larry Fish [Laurence Fishburne] about being Luke Cage, and he really liked that idea. Then I ended up writing 'Pulp Fiction.' "

Since then, nothing has quite tempted Tarantino back into the realm of comic superheroes, largely because he'd rather make one up himself: "My feeling is if I wanted to do something like that, I'd want to create the superhero myself," he admitted.

Quentin Tarantino Once Considered Making LUKE CAGE Starring Laurence Fishburne

Update: April 17, 2013

Fan-Made Poster for LUKE CAGE Starring Dwayne Johnson

Here's a cool fan-made poster of a fake Luke Cage movie starring Dwayne Johnson that managed to fool a few people during April Fools' Day. The poster is pretty good and I like the costume design which successfully captures the character's Thunderbolt outfit. But I wished they made Johnson a bit bigger.

Luke-Cage-Poster-Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

Was Bryan Cranston supposed to be Norman Osborn? That would be a great fit now that I think about it...I wouldn't mind seeing this movie, though I'd rather see Iasiah Mustafa in the role of Luke Cage.

Here's a cool fan-made poster of a fake Luke Cage movie starring Dwayne Johnson that managed to fool a few people during April Fools' Day. The poster is pretty good and I like the costume design which successfully captures the character's Thunderbolt outfit. But I wished they made Johnson a bit bigger.

NO! Absolutely not! I don't even.... :icon_evil

Looks good and I agree the Rock is alot more imposing than what shown on that poster, and The Rock is so polarizing either you think the guy is awesome or you hate him , I for one am a big fan.

Looks good and I agree the Rock is alot more imposing than what shown on that poster, and The Rock is so polarizing either you think the guy is awesome or you hate him , I for one am a big fan.

I'm thinking a lot of people who don't like him haven't seen his films and just judge him on being a pro wrestler. Not all but most detractors I'd assume are that way.

Cause otherwise I don't see what to hate other than some questionable choices in roles which he now seems to be rectifying. The guy is a very entertaining screen presence.

Agreed I don't mind him branching out and doing the kid movies I think he does that because he wants to show that he is not above doing a bunch of different roles and plus I'm sure his kids appreciate seeing him in the kids stuff.

EDTI: I like that he is living up to that passing of the torch scene in the Rundown where Arnold tells him "Have Fun"

I'd rather see Johnson in the role over anyone else. With Cage's personality, he'd really be able to cut loose even more in the personality department.

I'd rather see Johnson in the role over anyone else. With Cage's personality, he'd really be able to cut loose even more in the personality department.

Isaiah Mustafa or Michael Jai White.

Nice. I can see it. What's even better is that the Rock is back on the juice. He is way more muscular now than in this pic.

Michael Jai White is too much of a direct to DVD actor, I can't see a big studio getting behind him to star in a big budget film.

I just assume a poster is joking when they suggest Michael Jai White for anything.

I just assume a poster is joking when they suggest Michael Jai White for anything.

:icon_lol:

It would never happen but personality wise White would actually be a great Cage.

Cage is a thug for hire who turns into a sort of do-gooder.

I don't think Johnson can pull off the 'street' feel he needs.

Back