LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I'll be surprised if Marvel doesn't low ball him.

BKfAcDHCQAACEVU.jpg

Update: May 17, 2013

Dwayne Johnson Says to Kevin Feige He Wants to Play LUKE CAGE

Dwayne-Johnson-Luke-Cage-051713-Dragonlord.jpg

A few weeks ago, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige revealed that they have considered casting Dwayne Johnson in a Marvel movie. Feige says he is a gigantic fan of The Rock and that he would love for Johnson to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Now the former WWE champ has acknowledged this on Twitter, and of course has a very specific character in mind that he'd like to play:

"Thank U @Marvel President Kevin Feige for the nod. I'll be ready. #RockAsCage #HeroForHire"

While this is obviously all very awesome, Marvel doesn't seem to have any big-screen plans for Luke Cage over the next few years -- unless of course The Rock knows something we don't. But barring Cage, and assuming that both parties will eventually come together as they clearly would like to, who else in the Marvel Comics universe would be a good fit for Johnson to play?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Continues His Campaign To Play LUKE CAGE

I think Zachary Quinto's face was destined to be Namor's along with Spock's.

Thats one of Dragon's picks as well. I fully agree that his face looks the part. I also feel, after watching Star Trek tonight, that he could pull off the action aspects of the part. But can he pull off an arrogant monarch? And he would have to bulk up/get ripped (which I'm sure he could do).

I still think DJ is a better choice, and more believable in smashing powerful heroes. Plus, we already know he can pull off the speedo. No homo.

Thats one of Dragon's picks as well. I fully agree that his face looks the part. I also feel, after watching Star Trek tonight, that he could pull off the action aspects of the part. But can he pull off an arrogant monarch? And he would have to bulk up/get ripped (which I'm sure he could do).

I still think DJ is a better choice, and more believable in smashing powerful heroes. Plus, we already know he can pull off the speedo. No homo.

He may not be more muscular, but judging by his villainous roles in Heroes and American Horror Story he can pull off intimidating.

DJ is not as interesting unless he has someone to play off of. I believe he would be a better fit for Cage if they go the heroes for hire route.

Update: September 24, 2013

Terry Crews Says He Is Not Interested in Playing LUKE CAGE Anymore

Terry-Crews-Luke-Cage-0924-Dragonlord.jpg

Terry Crews has a message to fans: Stop fan-casting him as Luke Cage in the movie in your head; it isn't going to happen. In a new interview promoting Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, the Expendables star said he's not interested in playing Power Man... although he's not quite sure why Marvel hasn't started moving a project like that forward.

"I'm trying to take myself outta that running because everybody's like, 'I want to play this superhero character, that superhero character'. I'd rather make up my own. Make a brand new one, you know. Blade was basically a failed character. That comic book didn't do very well....I think everybody's is forcing this Power Man, Luke Cage thing."

"Man, it's obvious, Marvel, for some reason, is not getting down with it. He's being ignored. Hey man, he was probably in the Avengers. What can I say? You can't force it on him. The market's going to tell you what's going on. So apparently they felt like, 'we don't really have to.' I know they're bringing the Falcon in on one of these."

Terry Crews Doesn't Want to Play LUKE CAGE, Would Rather Create a New Superhero

Watch Isaiah Mustafa as Luke Cage in Self-Made Promo Video

LukeCageIsiahMustafa.jpg

The latest actor lobbying for the probably non-existent part for a Luke Cage movie is Isaiah Mustafa, better known to you as the Old Spice Guy. Rumor has it that some form of a Luke Cage movie may actually be in development somewhere, and rumor further has it that Mustafa has been meeting with the people in charge about playing the comic book hero.

The promo video featuring Mustafa as Cage. Odds are it

Ooops I figured that he was already mentioned just another backer for it

Update: November 7, 2013

Marvel's DAREDEVIL, IRON FIST, LUKE CAGE TV Series on Netflix

Netflix-Defenders-1109-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: The Walt Disney Co. and Netflix Inc. today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel's most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

Update: February 26, 2014

Marvel's Netflix Series to Start Filming in New York This Summer

Marvel-Netflix-New-York-Announcement-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, The Walt Disney Company, Marvel and Netflix Inc. today announced that Marvel's landmark live-action television series, which will bring Marvel's "flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen" characters to Netflix, the world's leading Internet TV network, will principally film in New York State.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking series is Marvel's most ambitious foray yet into live-action television storytelling and represents the largest film or television production project commitment in New York State history.

Filming is set to begin in the Summer 2014 and will create at least three thousand jobs in New York State including up to 400 full time jobs. The project will include nearly 60 one-hour episodes focused on the 4 Defenders characters: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Last November, Disney and Netflix announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs totaling 52 one-hour episodes culminating in a four to eight episode mini-series programming event.

Led by a series focused on Daredevil, followed by Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking viewers deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a mini-series event in which the Marvel characters from the first four series team up as The Defenders, much like The Avengers.

Marvel's Netflix Series to Film in New York City

Last edited:
Update: March 10, 2014

Terry Crews Changes His Mind, Now Wants to Play LUKE CAGE

Terry-Crews-Luke-Cage-031014c-Dragonlord.jpg

With production beginning soon on Marvel's Netflix series, many have started to wonder who will land the coveted roles. In the past, fans have been vocal about wanting Terry Crews to play Luke Cage. Collider spoke with the actor and asked about the possibility of taking on the role. While Crews previously took himself out of the running for the role since it wasn't actually moving forward, now that it is, he definitely sounded a lot more interested despite the fact that he's under contract for Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine, saying "anything can happen" and "I'm game."

"Anything can happen. All I know is scheduling and all that stuff... anything can happen. I'm open to all kinds of things, but who knows? Actually I took myself out of the Luke Cage running a while back, just because it was people trying to put people against each other. [It was] Idris vs. Michael Jai and I'm like, 'Wait a minute, this is not even greenlit! Can we talk to Marvel? Why are you talking to me? Don't put me against my homeboy for a movie that's not existing.' I said, 'Take me out!'"

"I heard [it's greenlit] but I haven't gotten any calls. I've been hearing stuff like, 'oh you're too old,' and I'm like, 'Man do my workout 20 years ago and we'll talk about who's too old (laughs).' Like I said, anything can happen, I never rule anything out. I'm game. There are no rules. What's up, Marvel? I'm right here, baby. I ain't goin nowhere. You know where I live!"

Terry Crews Expresses Interest to Lead Marvel's LUKE CAGE Netflix Series

Wait a sec... So Terry Crews IS or IS NOT interested in playing him?

Currently, he is interested.

Look at the date of the articles and it'll make sense. Reading them also helps.

I did.

He seemed pretty adamant about not wanting to be Luke Cage, then *Adracadabra* he really wants to be Luke Cage.

Sheesh. I know the series word in Hollywood is 'No' but come on, it was like he was saying 'No... way in hell.'

Back