LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Terry Crews would be ok if he had not made any movies after Training Day.

I did.

He seemed pretty adamant about not wanting to be Luke Cage, then *Adracadabra* he really wants to be Luke Cage.

Sheesh. I know the series word in Hollywood is 'No' but come on, it was like he was saying 'No... way in hell.'

Terry only said those things back in September because he was probably fed up with fans and the media always asking him about his opinion on playing Luke Cage and that there was no movement on a Luke Cage movie for the longest time at that time. So rather than always be associated with a dead project, he named other superheroes like The Thing and Colossus he would like to portray in the hopes of being cast by the studios. Now that Luke Cage is officially greenlit by Marvel and Netflix, he's throwing his hat in the ring again.

I love Crews and would rather see him play Luke Cage than The Rock as of the moment.

Update: August 12, 2014

Terry Crews Reiterates His Desire to Play LUKE CAGE for the Netflix Series

Terry-Crews-Luke-Cage-081214-Dragonlord.jpg

While it appears as if Luke Cage is no longer heading to the big screen, the fan-favorite character will soon be joining Daredevil on Netflix in his own 12-episode series on the online streaming service. Talking to IGN Movies, The Expendables 3 star reiterated his desire to still play the former Power Man if the opportunity arises. "I would love to do Luke Cage. I heard they finally green-lit that whole thing and I would love to do something like that." As for whether or not he had any other superhero roles in kind, he added:

"I have so many. I have to go back to Luke Cage just because he was our Superman. There were no African-American superheroes out there. He was the first. He was the man. He was the one. The only example we could look at. I remember then seeing Falcon and a couple of others. Even in the D.C. Universe there was Cyborg. But Luke Cage was the original one where you said 'This is me. This is my guy. This is the character.' So he's the equivalent to Superman for me. But I have plenty. Second to Luke Cage would probably be The Hulk. The Hulk was amazing."

Terry Crews Reiterates Desire To Play LUKE CAGE In Upcoming Marvel Netflix Series

Update: August 20, 2014

Jamie Foxx Was Once Approached to Star in LUKE CAGE Movie

Jamie-Foxx-Luke-Cage-4-Dragonlord.jpg

Speaking to IGN, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 star Jamie Foxx reveals that the villainous Electro isn't the first comic book role that he was ever up for. According to Foxx, he was once nearly cast as Marvel's Luke Cage. "I was actually approached for Luke Cage back in the day," Foxx says, "but it didn't work out at the time. You know, with these types of movies, your visibility has to be at a certain range. We did Django, which allowed my visibility to go up a little bit, and we got the call about The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

Foxx doesn't specify just how long ago it was that he was approached about playing Luke Cage, besides implying that this was before he appeared in Django Unchained. Django Unchained was released in 2012, well before the 2013 announcement that Marvel would be working with Netflix to produce a Luke Cage television series. Before the rights reverted back to Marvel Studios, John Singleton was on board to direct a Luke Cage movie at Colombia Pictures, and it is possible Foxx may have been the actor they wanted for the role.

Jamie Foxx Reveals He Was Once Approached to Star in Marvel's LUKE CAGE Movie

Not a fan of the Rock. Seems like no matter what role he takes...his Rock persona is greater already than the role and it ends up being the ROCK in whatever movie he's in. Plus, he is too damn goofy....can't take him seriously

Did Luke Cage ever have the power to shoot energy balls from his hands? I don't recall that he ever did...

How come Daredevil is the only one making progress? I thought all 4 shows were going to happen at around the same time?

How come Daredevil is the only one making progress? I thought all 4 shows were going to happen at around the same time?

I thought so too. Maybe they'll start production on the other 3 shows once Daredevil wraps filming to save money on the production crew.

Lock up Terry Crews and lets get on with this one.

According to Wikipedia it says they will film DareDevil then Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage in that order. Sounds like it'll be one after the other.

Henry Simmons would KILL it as Luke Cage. Too bad he's stuck as Mac the mechanic in Agents of SHIELD. I previously cast the guy as Cyborg in my Justice League fantasy casting.

Update: November 19, 2014

Mike Colter, Lance Gross and Cleo Anthony Up for LUKE CAGE

Mike-Colter-Lance-Gross-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline reports that the two names mentioned as being in consideration for the male lead Luke Cage: Lance Gross (Crisis), Mike Colter (The Good Wife, The Following) and Cleo Anthony (Transparent). Cage is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series, the fourth in the Netflix-Marvel package that includes Daredevil, starring Charlie Cox, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The characters from the four shows band together for a miniseries to close out the storylines.

Deadline also hears Marvel is assembling a field of actresses invited to test for the lead of the company's straight-to-series Jessica Jones drama for Netflix. The list includes Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust The B-, Breaking Bad), Alexandra Daddario (True Detective, Percy Jackson films), Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four, Warm Bodies) and Jessica De Gouw (Arrow). All fall within the age range of 25-33 listed on the breakdowns for the role.

Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama - the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal - centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

Marvel's Jessica Jones Series: Ritter, Daddario, Palmer and De Gouw Testing For Lead

Last edited:
Back