Luke Rockhold is still the #1 or 2 MW

Two reason's
Rockhold's head is on a stack of dimes.
Rockhold arrogantly drops his hands often.

"Stack of dimes" made me laugh. Well done sir.

And yeah, Luke has skills but poor striking defense combined with a suspect (at best) chin is a bad combo. Luke also has a tendency to move backward in a straight line, which is a recipe for eating punches.

I think people kind of forgot that early in the Branch fight Luke was in real trouble and getting lit up pretty good too. His comeback stoppage win in that fight may have skewed the way people remember that fight in its totality.

This thread would be equivalent of saying ronda rousey still #1 or #2 in her weight class

Luke won that fight.

I said opening post. I know Platinum is cool and all but you reading is cool too Q
And i said i read the title, i had enough info on the quality of the TS to stop reading there

Nah, nobody would have been "lucky" if he were that elite. You see fuckers getting that lucky with Jones? Luke's footwork and striking defense are subpar and until they are fixed, he will keep getting wrecked by good strikers with good TDD.

Yeah, what the fuck?! I've seen WAY shittier and less relevant threads exist here.

Thanks. Yeah I am bewildered by it too. Mods have too much power here. Someone needs to tell them they shouldnt play god.

And i said i read the title, i had enough info on the quality of the TS to stop reading there

Look here man, Read my OP and stop being such a illiterate bitch. I am trying to make you smarter.

Why did this thread get wastelanded?

Mods and their power trip.

How many"lucky" punches did David branch land? Yoel beats him 9/10 times.

So buster didnt get lucky vs Iron Mike?.

No, he didn't. He used his jab very smartly to keep Tyson at bay and frustrated him into opening himself up. A large part of that frustration was because Douglas was not intimidated, or at least not as intimidated as others. The truth is that a great boxer beats a great brawler, and people who can not understand what that means simply throw out the word 'luck'.

I think he'll probably move to LHW and I think he'll do really well there. That division is really weak and badly in need of some fresh blood, and he seems to have to really struggle to make 185. I'd say he can easily hang with most of the top 10, maybe top 5.

Rockhold vs Shogun, book it!!

This is obviously obvious to any MMA purist. Bisping got a lucky punch cool, I accept that and I have moved. I have yet to call it a lucky punch in weeks. Now Yoel gets a punch in but if that punch would have missed Luke would have Subed Yoel or likely Taken him out. I believe things happen for a reason and this will just bring Luke into beast mode like never before.

I still dont see anyone but maybe Yoel and Robert beating him. He destroyed Jacare, Weidman and Silva is too old.

Thought Bisping landed a "lucky punch" at first, but after rewatching it and seeing how YR ko'd him I now think he discovered Luke's kryptonite ie. closing the distance, staying in the pocket and aiming for that big head of his. Luke's a great technical fighter, and matches up well with other tech fighters, but in a brawl I'd pick Bisping, Yoel or now Kelvin any day.

Last edited:
Luke won that fight.

I said opening post. I know Platinum is cool and all but you reading is cool too Q
Luke won that fight which you have pointed out, however it was over 6 years ago, went to decision and was competitive. You do seem to be ignoring that he Lost Decisively to Bisping and Yoel in 2 of his last 3 fights. How can you give more credence to a fight 6 year old result and ignore 2 of his last 3? Luke is a top 5 MW still however his next result will tell the tale. Yoel, The Chris, GSP, Whittaker, Jacare are all = orabove him at MW.

Didnt Romero just beat that ass?
Yep - Vitor, Bisping, Yoel. I wonder who will be next...Cause Rockhold is SUCH A BEAST! lmao! but on the serious side he is a money maker for me - I won big on the Bisping and Yoel fight! I look forward to Rockhold's next encounter because they're are so many idiots out there that won't give up on him!!

This is obviously obvious to any MMA purist. Bisping got a lucky punch cool, I accept that and I have moved. I have yet to call it a lucky punch in weeks. Now Yoel gets a punch in but if that punch would have missed Luke would have Subed Yoel or likely Taken him out. I believe things happen for a reason and this will just bring Luke into beast mode like never before.

I still dont see anyone but maybe Yoel and Robert beating him. He destroyed Jacare, Weidman and Silva is too old.

Agreed, I read somewhere that Luke is aggressively training his facial muscles to defend against getting KTFO. I think it will make the difference, and we will only see him getting KTFO every third fight or so.

Back