Media Luke Thomas and mma beat panel criticize Bellator commentators

They're doing a great job.

Did Luke criticize the UFC commentary when Goldie was there?

Nope and I don't think he's criticized Cruz for his terrible commentary during Khabib vs McGregor either and he won't.

Cuck Thomas is talking nonsense, as usual. Guy loves the sound of his own voice.

Why couldn't Luke Thomas get a colonoscopy?

The doctor told him he was too far up his own ass and was obstructing the fiber-optic camera.

It was funny to listen to Rogan shut him down when he says things. As far as quality though he really isn't up to par with most of the commentators the UFC has. It's amazing how little MMA knowledge he has despite being involved in MMA for his entire career. Take a BJJ class or something man.

Goldy's an idiot.

But he's our idiot.

Luke Thomas doesnt let anyone talk but himself

At the very beginning I was impressed with Big John commentary, but overtime I've felt that he's overexplaining stuff and he overhypes every fighter they have. I know UFC commentators do also over hype, but I find big John to be incredibly hard to believe and irritating. He also usually speaks as if himself had been a fighter, and that always gets me. I think the rest of the commentary team is Gina though

I don't know who those people are and don't care. Goldie and Big John are solid commentators, I'm enjoying their run on Bellator so far.

I'm sorry but they are right. Goldie is cringeworthy. He says the same damn things over and over and over again. And for someone who has been watching and commentating on MMA fights for almost 20 years, he knows absolutely nothing about the sport other than the fighters stats. Dude needs to retire and let a real pro take over, like Mauro Renallo.

Can't stand Goldie and so glad the UFC got rid of him. Dude is lame.

I think he's alright but he tries too hard to inject a NY Times vocabulary into discourse aimed at a TMZ audience. Comes across as needlessly arrogant. MMA fans are still drooling retards for the most part so they interpret this as a patronizing insult.
Any time a person online criticizes a media member for using slightly elevated vocabulary, one has to assume they are a barely literate dummy.

At the very beginning I was impressed with Big John commentary, but overtime I've felt that he's overexplaining stuff and he overhypes every fighter they have. I know UFC commentators do also over hype, but I find big John to be incredibly hard to believe and irritating. He also usually speaks as if himself had been a fighter, and that always gets me. I think the rest of the commentary team is Gina though

BJM has been training since the 90s and was a key person in developing MMA's rules. He's been around the fucking block.

Goldberg shouldn't be calling a Fedor fight let alone be employed as a play-by-play announcer.

Mauro deserved that spot.

BJM has been training since the 90s and was a key person in developing MMA's rules. He's been around the fucking block.
Yeah I know that, but you can't deny he had that Steven Seagal physique going for him, and it's kinda difficult to take anything a guy that looks like that related to any sort of intense physical activity seriously. Maybe it's a bit irrational cause as you said he's been around since the idea of MMA was originated, but still I find him annoying

I think people just have a memory of Goldy being somehow better in the UFC. I think he's exactly the same. His chemistry with Big John is nowhere near what it was with Rogan, but that is a different thing. I like the commentary team well enough to get me from fight to fight and educate me during the entrances. That's all I need them for. People have their own opinion, and I think this is one of those things where people in that circle have said it enough times to where it has become true in their heads.

I think people just have a memory of Goldy being somehow better in the UFC. I think he's exactly the same.
I think it's cause Rogan had a way of calling out Goldberg on his bull, espessially towards the end.

In Bellator he makes the same comical mistakes, but the team laughs it off or quickly corrects him, creating for a more positive energy that downplays his mistakes.

I honestly don’t like Big John as a commentator. I feel like he doesn’t explain things well enough and when he tries sometimes it comes off like he doesn’t know. Typically, when it concerns striking is when it gets dicey, he is much better at explaining grappling.

Also he isn’t so good at interviewing the fighters after the fight. Paul, jimmy and joe are the best at it imo.

Send Jimmy Smith back and re-hire Sean Wheelock! Those two had better chemistry than any pair since.

The only Bellator commentator worth criticizing is Sean Grande, dude was unbearable.

Luke Thomas = white liberal apologist douchebag, but he right on this one. Big John is straight awful in those cringy in-cage interviews.

I like Goldy.

I realize he's an idiot and says stupid things.

But I still like him. Most of my fondest memories of MMA have his voice on commentary.
And he knows a lot about fighters. Who else knew that the Hughes brothers pounded behind the barn?
<Goldie11>

Back