Luke Thomas complains fighters don't return his calls.

Luke Thomas Rockhold

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"If you say something not even intentionally critical, but it's perceived that way, MMA is small enough where the subjects eventually hear it and often decide they don't want to talk to you. It's happened more times than I can count."

- Luke Thomas

TWEET 1 deleted!

Last edited:
Luke's having a breakdown.

<36><36>

Maybe fighters don't want to talk to someone who gets 2 retweets...

maybe because he's a big, lumbering, bearded, smug muppet

well, that's why I don't return his calls

Luke doesn't realize that -

1) He's not credible
2) He's unlikeable
3) He's a Donk and a Cuck

If luke really wanted to cover mma seriously then he should stop trying to inject his own life into the narrative of stories. Always has some stupid quip about himself or his life experiences. And the fact his completely rehearsed metaphors and analogies come off as cringe level one thousand.

His MMA knowledge is fantastic and i listen to that side of him but his character wants to be as big as the fighters themselves, him and that weasel dweeb

If luke really wanted to cover mma seriously then he should stop trying to inject his own life into the narrative of stories. Always has some stupid quip about himself or his life experiences. And the fact his completely rehearsed metaphors and analogies come off as cringe level one thousand.

His MMA knowledge is fantastic and i listen to that side of him but his character wants to be as big as the fighters themselves, him and that weasel dweeb

But that is what I love about MMA reporters, they are characters as big as the fighters themselves. Or at least try to be.

Luke Thomas should know better. For example, look at the "MMA Fighters make Fight Picks" videos, most fighters will not make a pick that makes sense when you look at the record and tape. They will make a pick based on "he is my friend, and I like him. So, he is going to win."

Obliviously, fighters have super sensitive egos, and part of a reporter's job is to manage those egos. This means, you have to treat some fighters better than others, based on popularity. Thus, you have to make inconsistent rules about judging fighters. This is what mainstream sports reporters do.

Tom Brady is a Superhero. If the team wins, it is all because of him, "and he can do it all by himself". If the team loses, it is everybody else's fault, and "Tom Brady can't do it by himself."

The mainstream media does this because Tom Brady is a big star, and they need to stroke his ego to maintain a good relationship and access to him. If not now, someday he will be retired, and they can call him up on their shows.

Also, Luke Thomas needs to clean up his language. I don't mind it. But society is stupid, many people use "fuck, shit, and etc" as part of their daily language. Yet, they will act offended when they hear these words in a public place. It is weird. The pretentiousness is retarded. Some fighters may think of Luke as just another Sherdogger with an opinion, when he uses unprofessional language.

Finally, I am sure Luke Thomas has lurked Sherdog. Look at Sherdog, if a member criticizes a moderator's favorite fighter, that member's thread gets censored or the member gets blocked from making threads or threatened with a ban.

Most humans are incapable of handling criticism regardless of how fair and reasonable it is. This is why people often start their critique with phrases like "I love Conor, but..." People are more receptive when you butter them up. So, if you want quality content, you must sacrifice and compromise parts of yourself to get.

Most people want their egos stroked. If you are not willing to do this, they will not come to your house. The only way tho overcome this is to build your own large fanatic following, and force the athletes at the top of the food chain to come to your platform.

But that is what I love about MMA reporters, they are characters as big as the fighters themselves. Or at least try to be.
They can fuck right off. All preach they want mma to be a professional sport, hate on the UFC etc and cant act accordingly themselves.

More is less, some reason never been a fan. Once you show how into yourself you are..as an mma journalist at that lol why even show ego.. That just looks like a wall of self absorbed text I don't want to read. I swear to christ id make a better mma journalist..see now I can't take myself serious either..

Last edited:
I wonder who snubbed him this time...

Any guesses?

after luke thomas was posting a article about "star wars 8 is the most intellectual star wars" and bashing guys who doesnt liked star wars 8 - i literally was done with that luke thomas talk.

Last edited:
It's because he's bigger than most of them. Ariel is cray cray but people still talk to him because he's a string bean.

LMAO, I can't blame the fighters.

If only more of them would decline talking to Ariel, that would be sweet.

Back