Luke Thomas complains fighters don't return his calls.

Luke Thomas should know better. For example, look at the "MMA Fighters make Fight Picks" videos, most fighters will not make a pick that makes sense when you look at the record and tape. They will make a pick based on "he is my friend, and I like him. So, he is going to win."

Obliviously, fighters have super sensitive egos, and part of a reporter's job is to manage those egos. This means, you have to treat some fighters better than others, based on popularity. Thus, you have to make inconsistent rules about judging fighters. This is what mainstream sports reporters do.

Tom Brady is a Superhero. If the team wins, it is all because of him, "and he can do it all by himself". If the team loses, it is everybody else's fault, and "Tom Brady can't do it by himself."

The mainstream media does this because Tom Brady is a big star, and they need to stroke his ego to maintain a good relationship and access to him. If not now, someday he will be retired, and they can call him up on their shows.

Also, Luke Thomas needs to clean up his language. I don't mind it. But society is stupid, many people use "fuck, shit, and etc" as part of their daily language. Yet, they will act offended when they hear these words in a public place. It is weird. The pretentiousness is retarded. Some fighters may think of Luke as just another Sherdogger with an opinion, when he uses unprofessional language.

Finally, I am sure Luke Thomas has lurked Sherdog. Look at Sherdog, if a member criticizes a moderator's favorite fighter, that member's thread gets censored or the member gets blocked from making threads or threatened with a ban.

Most humans are incapable of handling criticism regardless of how fair and reasonable it is. This is why people often start their critique with phrases like "I love Conor, but..." People are more receptive when you butter them up. So, if you want quality content, you must sacrifice and compromise parts of yourself to get.

Most people want their egos stroked. If you are not willing to do this, they will not come to your house. The only way tho overcome this is to build your own large fanatic following, and force the athletes at the top of the food chain to come to your platform.
"Clean up" as in use curse words every now and then? I don't listen to him too often but from his t
The new background to his videos, with the bizarre brick mock up, is not an improvement. Meanwhile his live chat has a new background too: a creased black sheet just hung up behind Luke and his chair. If that’s an upgrade, he really shouldn’t have bothered.

<36>
Luke the Puke copied me on the black sheet thing.

Helwani is worse
He really is not. Luke is constantly baiting politics and taking illogical positions just for the sake of it. He has a terrible attitude to the point fighters want nothing to do with him.
Ariel is definitely a weasel who enjoys creating drama no doubt, but he doesn’t come off as conceited as Luke. Ariel tends to appeal to emotions while Luke just acts like he’s got such a higher intellect than anyone else in the sport. Ariel also tends to be a little more self-depricating while it is obvious that Luke takes himself too seriously. You can almost feel Luke’s resentment toward the fact that a guy who doesn’t train mma has a more successful career in it than he does.

Sounds like Luke had a bad year professionally.

DISMISSED
jon-jones-is-not-a-fan-of-luke-thomas-ufc214-26182631.png

Nobody likes you Luke. Either change as a person or get over it. Those are really your only options in this situation.
Or do nothing and continue to cry about it. Your move Luke.

This cuck needs to remember his place, and shut his mouth. He only opens his mouth for Jon Jones's nuts.

This cuck needs to remember his place, and shut his mouth. He only opens his mouth for Jon Jones's nuts.

i can just picture you mashing the fuck out of your keyboard as you type this trying to sprinkle as much angst into this post as possible

dude has his own podcast/talkshow, his place is whatever he wants it to be. if you don't want to see or hear from it, you have the wonderful gift of not subscribing or watching any of his shows.

like, imma repeat. i haven't heard about anything to do with this guy in over 5 years. we do not live in a world where you have to be exposed to him. it's very, VERY easy to ignore him.

i can just picture you mashing the fuck out of your keyboard as you type this trying to sprinkle as much angst into this post as possible

dude has his own podcast/talkshow, his place is whatever he wants it to be. if you don't want to see or hear from it, you have the wonderful gift of not subscribing or watching any of his shows.

like, imma repeat. i haven't heard about anything to do with this guy in over 5 years. we do not live in a world where you have to be exposed to him. it's very, VERY easy to ignore him.
Don't worry Luke, i don't subscribe, nor do i watch any of your media outlets.

Don't worry Luke, i don't subscribe, nor do i watch any of your media outlets.

must suck having your wife leave you for the dude you brought in to cuckold you, i see why you're angry

Remember when he sucked off Jon Jones for months on end saying we weren't fair to him and we were also racist and then Jones told him to <JonesDXSuckIt>at a presser and then immediately popped for steroids

Because I'll never forget it. God damn that was embarrassing

"If you say something not even intentionally critical, but it's perceived that way, MMA is small enough where the subjects eventually hear it and often decide they don't want to talk to you. It's happened more times than I can count."

- Luke Thomas

TWEET 1 deleted!

Never heard of her

Luke's having a breakdown.

<36><36>
I don't think so. He's spoken about thit before and he's said that it's just a part of being a sports journalist.

Personally, I think that he's the best in the sport. In fact, I think hes too good for MMA.

11 years in and he still doesnt know how to do this job lol

Should have followed ariels plan and sucked up to all the fighters early doors and complimented them and their families until you get popular enough with fans and fighters to start to criticise them. It must be hard to watch when ariel gets 5-7 guests on his show and old luke has to do recaps on his own.

That last part, ouch. lol.

But that is what I love about MMA reporters, they are characters as big as the fighters themselves. Or at least try to be.
Realistically there are practically no big personalities in MMA, and very few medium ones

Most guys/girls on the roster are like clones, they have 0 personality

They should lock him in a room with Forrest and throw away the key.

Back