Luke Walton: "Our team (Lakers) will lock arms throughout the season" | Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by BoxingFan653, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Palis ♔ God Tier Ego

Palis
    What's your definition of winning? Being mad, poor and alone posting on Sherdog?

Trump did the right thing and call these entitled low IQers out. Lose money NFL and NBA, lose money.

UJustGotChaeld likes this.
  2. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
  3. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    It makes me laugh seeing the NFL and NBA do that while the NHL does stuff like this:

4. The Clinch Schwarzbier Belt.

The Clinch
    Yes.

jqld likes this.
  5. mr.bigglesworth Red Belt

mr.bigglesworth
    <bball2>

6. yookfarb Yellow Card

yookfarb
    At what cost? Yes I totally agree with you he set the trap and the left fell for it but now what... this isn't boxing he can't just step in and go for the knockout

7. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    [​IMG]

Self-projection. That one found a home.

Revolver likes this.
  8. Palis ♔ God Tier Ego

Palis
    You got me so hard.

Time for me to reflect on my self-projection.

9. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Damn. Bristly. What could be the cause, I wonder? Something not turning out the way you expected?

[​IMG]
    #winning

themainman likes this.
  10. Palis ♔ God Tier Ego

Palis
    Lol wat

They finally got Trump?

Got your first PUBG win?

11. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    People were upset with Kaepernick and others last year well before trump said anything. Obviously there was an increase after he did but I'm pretty sure this was an ongoing issue before trump called them a sob.

12. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Trump exacerbated the issue, and united most of the country behind Kaepernick by wading in and improperly and inappropriately framing the issue.

13. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    I agree he did but it had been on the news since Kaepernick and others started doing it. For the season opener it was big speculation as too who would kneel and if the trend would get larger. Trump did exacerbate it but I was still hearing about it on TV every week before that.

United most of the country behind Kaepernick? Lol what?

The NFL ratings are down, some sponsors have backed out, others debating doing the same , Direct TV allowed people to get full refunds for Sunday ticket, Jerry Jones just did a 180 and wants players to stand, Roger Goodell just sent letters to teams asking to stand.

Looks like most of the people dislike someone sitting or kneeling and imo already had that opinion well before trump said anything.

Dr J likes this.
  14. loyalyolayal Gold Belt

loyalyolayal
    I've heard ben shapiro saying that its akin to reverse psychology and Trump playing them like a fiddle(they're not kneeling now).

15. blaseblah Red Belt

blaseblah
    Why do you associate black lives matter with anti-American in the first place? It's specifically an American movement.

Intellectual dishonesty from Trump and the right.

16. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    They're still kneeling.

Sunday is about to become the NFL's great "red line in the sand" debacle, I estimate.

17. Makani Tormund x Brienne Belt

Makani
    I'm not disagreeing, but some points:
    -Ratings being down is a complicated thing. Moore commercials, weird reffing, injuries, lots of teams tanking, it's a multi-hued issue.
    -Which sponsors have left? I'm actually asking, because I haven't seen any of the big fish do anything but support the players.
    -The last 3 things are pure PR. I'd love to see how many people actually refunded their Sunday ticket. If you spend 200 dollars to watch football, you're not going to stop just because some guys are kneeling while you get a beer during the anthem. Goodell's letter said they believe players should stand. It didn't mention punishments, enforcement, or any sort of mandatory nature. The NFL is just playing it safe until people's attention dwindles and Trump needs to find a new line to get cheers.

To be honest, forcing someone to stand for a national anthem is kinda creepy.

18. BoxingFan653 Did you just grab my ass?

BoxingFan653
    Because none of their actual arguments or core beliefs want to associate with this country or to be a part of society.

When I hear them discuss why 6% of this country is made up of black men and they're responsible for 52% of this countries homicides, when they teach their communities the core problem isn't white oppression but rather that 80% of African Americans grow up without a father which makes a kid 20 times more likely to end up in jail then maybe millions of Americans will show them respect.

But instead they focus on an issue like police brutality when the statistics show only 16 unarmed blacks are killed each year at the hands of police officers which is drastically equivalent to the amount of blacks that get struck by lighting each year.

But yeah let's conveniently ignore the 6-8 thousand blacks killed each year by other blacks because that's not the issue.

Black lives matter didn't finish the rest of it's slogan which is that black lives only matter when a white person kills them

19. Bay Area Silver Belt

Bay Area
    How does kneeling make them hypocrites? You still haven't gave a sensible explaination

20. Trumpisurdaddy Double Yellow Card

Trumpisurdaddy
    My issue is the fact is that 99% of them are virtue signaling. They :protest for 2 mins and then the rest of the week you dont hear shit from them. I'm sure there are a couple that are really into it but if they were doing anything of significance the news would be covering it. Are the starting rallies in their cities? are they starting "dialogues and talks" between the community and cops, etc? Are they doing anything other than trying to look like the care for 2 mins out of the week. If you gonna protest, do that shit.

Whites do talk alot about black on black crime. Well cant both issues be talked about? well yes they can. It's just as soon as someone brings that up they are labeled a racist? and they fact, when was the last time you saw a protest or rally to help stop the inner city violence? More blacks are killed from lightning strikes every year than blacks shot unarmed by cops yet we have to see bullshit protest during our sports? GTFOHWTS.

and then there is the bullshit excuse, we are doing this to start a dialogue or a conversation. BULLSHIT, everyone is aware of the conversation and they either think it is a huge issue or soemthing that is being blown out of proportion. You are not bringing anything new to the table.