Luxury cars getting destroyed by American trucks

if im getting a 4x4,its gonna be one of these.
Bowler-Wildcat_mp346_pic_60919.jpg

Here is the unpopular position, Fuck spending $80,000 for a car, maybe spend $10,000...and retire at 50....Then take your extra income and help some less fortunate people out..

Maybe this isn’t the place for that conversation, sorry...

I can see a positive if you don't live in a city but they would shit me to tears where I live.

I do think a real factor is that they are more fatty friendly than anything even slightly sporty.

Gas is going to be a bitch with my Big Horn, I went into it knowing that. That’s why I didn’t do a trade in or anything like that and kept my daily driver. The truck is going to be for weekends and the occasional ‘I bought something that won’t fit into my car’ excursion.

As to your 2nd point.. I’m 6’3 and not at all fat. And while I don’t have an issue with my car in particular, I just fit in a truck better than a car. American trucks are definitely made with a larger person in mind. Tho, there’s so much adjustability inside the cab (of mine at least) that my chick can drive it comfortably even tho she’s like half my size. I don’t know that trucks have always had this flexibility. I know my Chevy K5 Blazer from some years back definitely wouldn’t have been as easy to drive for a smaller chick.

I guess luxury car buyers don't care if their car breaks down

I always drove sports cars until my grandad left me his little Ford Ranger when he passed. I got so used to the versatility that when I needed a new car, I got a truck. I can’t really remember how I got by without one.

More-Luxury-Buyers-Ditch-the-Imports-and-Pick-Up-a-Truck-The-New-York-Times-2018-11-17-19-33-59.png

More Luxury Buyers Ditch the Imports and Pick Up a Truck
merlin_133871898_68f70028-e776-4d29-8755-b92b7a9361e5-superJumbo.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/automobiles/wheels/luxury-trucks-suv.html

lol The Germans are getting destroyed by American trucks because customers are realizing these new land barges are more luxurious than a similarly priced offering from BMW or Mercedes. And the landscape has changed enough that something like a Denali or Raptor holds more prestige than an X5 or E class sedan. Body-on-frame cars dominating the marketplace. There's going to be a lot of pain when gas prices rise again.

I thought this thread was going to have crash test videos.

giphy.gif

If I'm getting a truck or an SUV, I'm getting something I don't feel bad beating the shit out of. How many people with these luxury trucks are actually using the truck bed/trailer hitch/going camping, etc...? I'd feel bad even putting my dog in that bitch. Defeats the entire purpose of the car.

I'll take the faster, more agile, smoother riding, easier to park luxury sedan any day.

Granted, I live in a pretty mild urban climate so I don't think I have some of the same concerns as some of you guys.

Last edited:
With my 4D Sedan I have to drive about 50mph when we are under Icy conditions on the roadways.. Which is very often during winter. Trucks blaze by me going 70mph without a fuck to be given. I see plenty of those new trucks in the ditch though. Those fuckers think they are invincible.

I'll keep my 80k though, and just drive slower.

Are there any trucks that don't suck at driving in the snow?

Sandbags? Chains. FWD High? Its doable. Its not going to be a WRX in the snow but you can manage.

I used to go power sliding in my buddies Ranger all the time back in the day. Snow drifting is fun.

Here is the unpopular position, Fuck spending $80,000 for a car, maybe spend $10,000...and retire at 50....Then take your extra income and help some less fortunate people out..

Maybe this isn’t the place for that conversation, sorry...

Find a career that helps people, then spoil yourself with your salary. Best of both worlds.

I always drove sports cars until my grandad left me his little Ford Ranger when he passed. I got so used to the versatility that when I needed a new car, I got a truck. I can’t really remember how I got by without one.
I drive a car but after last winter I really realized how much you need a vehicle that can handle winter - and trucks (for me) are much better than an suv since you can transport larger items if need be.

There seems to be a disproportionate number of deuchbags that drive trucks. I don't automatically assume someone driving a truck is one, but I'm talking about aggressive driving in a large heavy vehicle and putting other drivers at risk, and I see more of this driving behavior with people driving large trucks or SUVs than any other type of vehicle including sports cars (with the exception of bikers but they're mostly only putting their own lives at risk). It's like "I'm in a 1 ton truck, I'm not gonna get hurt if I blow past this school zone. Out of my way!". Or "I deserve 2 parking spaces because I'm in a truck!".

I live in Texas. There has always been shitloads of trucks. A lot them belonging to white collar workers who probably never actually put anything in the bed or go off-roading. As other mentioned there are a lot of asshole truck drivers on the freeways speeding, changing lanes constantly without using turn signals, and tailgating. Plus trucks always get terrible MPG and it snows like once every 2 or 3 years here so the benefit of having a truck for that is moot.

I’ve always drove sedans so I prefer those. The low center of gravity, the handling, the accerlation and braking is there when you need it, and good mpg. I do want a truck in the future because there are 2 or 3 days throughout the year where I might need to haul heavy or large stuff, but it’s not a priority. When I do get one, I’ll probably get a cheap used truck and for sure won’t use it as a daily driver.

I drive a car but after last winter I really realized how much you need a vehicle that can handle winter - and trucks (for me) are much better than an suv since you can transport larger items if need be.
You might find that once you have a truck, you use it more than you think you would. I’m alwats tossing something in the back to the dump, or moving a desk for my grandma, or loaning a buddy my lawnmower, or grabbing mulch from Home Depot. Plus when I go camping it’s really easy to toss my gear in the back and it’s no problem getting to remote spots. It just works really well for me.

Seems like everyone is buying a Tesla. Just on my street alone there 6 Tesla owners and all are either Model S or X. I think my wife and I have the cheapest cars on our street with 2 Honda’s lol

Back