Luxury cars getting destroyed by American trucks

Oh, so it’s pretty new. Anyway, I love the Lexus IS. I have a 2016 IS200t F sport. Every time o get in the car to drive, I feel happier. Of course, i don’t really drive often so maybe that’s why. I got it over two years ago and I only have 7000 miles on it.

This saddens me.

At least a poser driving a sports sedan can still speed... what is the point of all these gigantic vanity trucks that will never leave pavement or dirty their beds?

The vast majority of sports cars never see the track either.

But yeah when it comes to high end trucks, it is a bit ridiculous. People baby them and don't use them as trucks at all. Like, they won't put a bit of lumber in the back because it might scratch the paint, let along take it off road.

the idea of a luxury truck is an odd one.

yy6pe3lufkx1w6svja92.jpg
>>

The ultra rare Marlboro edition.
1-1511361361142@2x.jpg

But yeah when it comes to high end trucks, it is a bit ridiculous. People baby them and don't use them as trucks at all. Like, they won't put a bit of lumber in the back because it might scratch the paint, let along take it off road.

lol

*Raises hand

That’s the plan for me in all honestly. That’s why I kept my daily driver. I will occasionally hall stuff that I purchase in the bed tho. As is I switched jobs recently and need to pick up my tool box and some of my tools from another friends place and the truck allows me to do that. But for the most part.. yeah, it’s a luxury for me and my chick.

But if you have the means, and it’s something you’re into/want -go for it. Enjoy life imo when you can.

California is filled with these twats and their giant pickup trucks. Every day I see big trucks with duelies and no tow hitch lol

Here is the unpopular position, Fuck spending $80,000 for a car, maybe spend $10,000...and retire at 50....Then take your extra income and help some less fortunate people out..

Maybe this isn’t the place for that conversation, sorry...

Nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your own labor. Working your whole life just to hand over your earnings to someone under some bizarre disillusioned and guilted notion that you’re ‘helping’ them and it makes you a better person for it is nonsense. If that’s the life you want to live then you’re more than welcome to make that choice.

But if everyone in the world was responsible and worked hard to earn things there’d be no need for some random virtue signaled smarmy holier than attitude like this because there’d be alot less ‘less fortunate’ people in the world to begin with.

I’m not responsible for those people being less fortunate. And I’m not responsible for helping them thru life. Someone with your attitude isn’t helping this problem -you’re enabling it.

99% of people who buy big trucks like that have 0 need for their capabilities.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your own labor. Working your whole life just to hand over your earnings to someone under some bizarre disillusioned and guilted notion that you’re ‘helping’ them and it makes you a better person for it is nonsense. If that’s the life you want to live then you’re more than welcome to make that choice.

But if everyone in the world was responsible and worked hard to earn things there’d be no need for some random virtue signaled smarmy holier than attitude like this because there’d be alot less ‘less fortunate’ people in the world to begin with.

I’m not responsible for those people being less fortunate. And I’m not responsible for helping them thru life. Someone with your attitude isn’t helping this problem -you’re enabling it.

O Brother...you said it all

This saddens me.

At least a poser driving a sports sedan can still speed... what is the point of all these gigantic vanity trucks that will never leave pavement or dirty their beds?
That I get to buy a 2013 Raptor that’s never seen a speck of dirt with 35,000 miles for nearly half the price
<VinceCa$h>

California is filled with these twats and their giant pickup trucks. Every day I see big trucks with duelies and no tow hitch lol
As Grandpa RSR always said “if it ain’t got a winch on the front and a hitch on the back, it ain’t a truck”.

18navigatorl-bl-destination_15_hr.jpg

vs
2018_bmw_x5_dashboard.jpg

lol who would buy an X5 with that poverty interior when you could step into the opulent luxury of the new Navigator?

Friend of mine ditched his Denali and went with a BMW X6. From what I can tell a bunch of service related problems like the other 2 BMW’s he’s owned...

That is what this article is addressing. The fact that these new top trim trucks are now the new luxury car because they fulfill the needs of the luxury buyer better- boundless cabin size, supreme comfort, expansive cabin view, and gobloads of power. They perform the duties of a large luxury car better than most other vehicles on the road. And now that they have premium interior materials and refinement buyers don't scoff at spending over 80k on them.

The truck bed to bring home a Home Depot haul is just a bonus to them. They function as cars first, trucks second.

I'm seriously tempted to trade in my ute and grab a raptor.

That is what this article is addressing. The fact that these new top trim trucks are now the new luxury car because they fulfill the needs of the luxury buyer better- boundless cabin size, supreme comfort, expansive cabin view, and gobloads of power. They perform the duties of a large luxury car better than most other vehicles on the road. And now that they have premium interior materials and refinement buyers don't scoff at spending over 80k on them.

The truck bed to bring home a Home Depot haul is just a bonus to them. They function as cars first, trucks second.

I'll come out and admit I'm not a huge car buff, but I can't imagine these luxury trucks beating an equally priced mercedes/bmw in the following: speed, handling, smoothness of the ride, ease of parking and gas mileage. Additionally, the trunks of those cars are huge and will actually see some use unlike a luxury truck bed. Minor additionaly nitpick, but if you're driving around someone old or small children, getting them in the truck is a pain in the butt. Regarding cabin space, the 540 and E450 are plenty spacious unless you're built like Shaq or Chum Lee.

I can see where you're coming from with the cabin view, but all these cars nowadays have sensors up the butt to compensate.

Last edited:
I'll come out and admit I'm not a huge car buff, but I can't imagine these luxury trucks beating an equally priced mercedes/bmw in the following: speed, handling, smoothness of the ride, ease of parking and gas mileage. Additionally, the trunks of those cars are huge and will actually see some use unlike a luxury truck bed. Minor additionaly nitpick, but if you're driving around someone old or small children, getting them in the truck is a pain in the butt.

I can see where you're coming from with the cabin view, but all these cars nowadays have sensors up the butt to compensate.
The average buyer of a bigass luxury sedan doesnt know or care about handling or gas mileage either. The "smoothness of ride" is the one major disadvantage of a truck but its advantages overcome it.

Back