LV hotel GM allegedly fired for tweet telling Mayweather "to learn how to tip like Dana White"

They should have f*ed up his order and taken forever to do it

then they would both get what they deserved

Sucks to be that manager, if he'd let Floyd walk away he gets chewed out for letting the guy bilk them for $1700 . Call him out on it and he also gets chewed out. Fertitta's are dumbasses for letting Floyd cheap them on the bill, now he knows they're marks.

The Kats! Bureau at this writing is Aria’s Five50 Pizza Bar, just off the entrance of the hotel’s sports book. What I have gleaned: One of the waitresses here, Danielle Covington, had a bit part in “The Wire,” in 2005.

Do an online search for, “Does Cutty Have to Slap a (Expletive),” and you’ll find Danielle. She’s in the denim dress.

Is this a terrible english translation? holy fuck

I agree that refusing to tip despite receiving good service is a cunty thing to do.

BUT....the whole idea of customary tipping is bizarre, backwards, and just a dumb concept. What other service industry is the customer expected to tip and chastised for not paying extra?

In an ideal society, tipping is reserved as a genuine act of gratitude or appreciation. Hence the meaning of paying extra.

The onus of paying workers a living wage should fall solely on the place of employment and not the patrons/customers.

Shit is ridiculous but we all support this retarded business model so it will never go away.

Tipping in Japan is considered rude

I love Floyd but tip ya prick. If I can do it you can, ya rich motherfucker.

Remember the butthurt waitress who thought she was gonna get a bazillion dollars from Floyd?
Lol I wonder what he was ordering. Obviously 25k is outstanding but if it was, say, mostly just ultra expensive bottles of alcohol that didn’t require any effort on her part besides delivering it, does she really deserve even 1% of that tip?

Usually expensive tabs means a lot of stuff was ordered and a lot of effort was made on behalf of the waiter but if I ordered a $150 plate of caviar and a drink, should I really be giving them $20 in tip for ordering a plate and maybe refilling a drink?

Just a thought. I’m always a generous tipper because my mom used to work at a restaurant but logically I question it a lot.

I meant when I travel to other countries I have noticed some didn't do the tip system, I prefer that to our system. Even in fine dining situations the racsim is staggering sometimes. Just somewhat disconcerting about seeing people get upset when they have to wait on a person of color.

I had an elderly black couple give me a 100dollar tip, they were on vacation, and told me I was the only person who treated them well their whole trip when they went out to eat. I was a bartender then, and waited on them in a servers section cause sever didn't want to take them ...
That was just bullshit

Whole tipping culture should be abolished, it is shameful.
The waiters should be paid proper base wage and get tips for extraordinary service.

Tipping well is racist.

Back in 1995 my sister's boyfriend was caddying for Walter Payton at either Black Wolf Run or Whistling Straits (in Wisconsin) and he got tipped over $100.00.
Which for a kid out of high school in the mid 90s is pretty amazing.

However, Mayweather ain't no Payton when it comes to class.

Back in 1995 my sister's boyfriend was caddying for Walter Payton at either Black Wolf Run or Whistling Straits (in Wisconsin) and he got tipped over $100.00.

Great story. Walter Payton was well known to be a great guy. First sports star I really liked as a kid.

Sweetness.gif

no he wasn't, not even close. Payton was a true champion. having read about him, I do wonder if he had cte, some of his bouts of suicidal depression and some of his strange actions had me wondering. but he was always known to push past anything if he had his public watching. At any rate, i've seen clips of floyd paying his plane pilots an extra grand or so, that's pretty generous so i wonder if it's just some kind of mistake on his part. As I've said, generally, boxers are known to be overly generous. There were a few stingy guys, mostly guys who were traumatized by the great depression, like Marciano who was famously cheap, so cheap his closest friends would tell him that.

Whole tipping culture should be abolished, it is shameful.
The waiters should be paid proper base wage and get tips for extraordinary service.
oddly, some of the jobs that i think should have tips don't and some that have that cup jar out shouldn't. places like cookie shops, ice cream shops, all coffee shops and you never see the shittiest fast food places asking for tips, and that's about the most degrading, fastest paced work there is.

Only pieces of shit don't tip. Shove your meal up your ass and have a nice day in hell you piece of garbage if you don't tip.

I used to rely soley on delivery to make a living when I had a terrible back injury and couldnt work a solid job but also couldnt let myself starve. My car was all I had at one point. I hobbled up peoples steps in obvious pain and they would just grab the pizza, sign and not tip, and not even respond when I said good evening and have a nice meal. Cant even say a word or acknowledge a kind greeting. Yeah, you're an asshole.

Never again will I ever do that work as anything but a 2nd job. Worked many areas and towns doing delivery on the side since, I enjoy the extra cash but it still gets to me sometimes. People say and think the dumbest shit to get out of tipping. I had one guy tell me recently my tip was to get a better job. I had time to tell him I was a was a welder for a steel forgery making 40/hr, and I only worked my Friday, Sat, and Sunday nights doing delivery because making more money was better than pissing money away sitting on my ass eating a delivered pizza on a Saturday night. He just looked at me, comprehending.

That's my personal vehicle. It brought you your food. That's not a free service. You think my time is free now that I don't need this job? I'll put your address in my notes, and delay your dinner every time if you feel oppressed by the concept of a fucking tip. Now I have a great job, and can be as bitter and vindictive with the delivery game as I want. When I see shitbags address again I always grab deliveries in the opposite direction, and take those first. Pretty much wont bring the food until my boss calls me and tells me the customer has called complaining once or twice. Take it out of the bag, let it get cold on the way too.

Tip or go to hell.

The reason I brought up when Kanye came in, was because he came in three days in a row, and didn't tip each time.
If he perceived bad service or food, why come back the following two days. I really don't understand it.

Kanye's nuts

no he wasn't, not even close. Payton was a true champion. having read about him, I do wonder if he had cte, some of his bouts of suicidal depression and some of his strange actions had me wondering. but he was always known to push past anything if he had his public watching. At any rate, i've seen clips of floyd paying his plane pilots an extra grand or so, that's pretty generous so i wonder if it's just some kind of mistake on his part. As I've said, generally, boxers are known to be overly generous. There were a few stingy guys, mostly guys who were traumatized by the great depression, like Marciano who was famously cheap, so cheap his closest friends would tell him that.

The public wasn't watching when he dropped that loot on him in my story.... he was just some young caddy.

The public wasn't watching when he dropped that loot on him in my story.... he was just some young caddy.
I know I only mentioned it like that because obviously there are times when a public figure would just as soon tell people to fuck off, he rarely if ever did no matter how he felt. His own people told stories of how he'd be in the foulest mood,short with everyone behind closed doors yet he'd will himself to behave like a gentleman as soon as he was with fans. A true hero.

Only pieces of shit don't tip. Shove your meal up your ass and have a nice day in hell you piece of garbage if you don't tip.

I used to rely soley on delivery to make a living when I had a terrible back injury and couldnt work a solid job but also couldnt let myself starve. My car was all I had at one point. I hobbled up peoples steps in obvious pain and they would just grab the pizza, sign and not tip, and not even respond when I said good evening and have a nice meal. Cant even say a word or acknowledge a kind greeting. Yeah, you're an asshole.

Never again will I ever do that work as anything but a 2nd job. Worked many areas and towns doing delivery on the side since, I enjoy the extra cash but it still gets to me sometimes. People say and think the dumbest shit to get out of tipping. I had one guy tell me recently my tip was to get a better job. I had time to tell him I was a was a welder for a steel forgery making 40/hr, and I only worked my Friday, Sat, and Sunday nights doing delivery because making more money was better than pissing money away sitting on my ass eating a delivered pizza on a Saturday night. He just looked at me, comprehending.

That's my personal vehicle. It brought you your food. That's not a free service. You think my time is free now that I don't need this job? I'll put your address in my notes, and delay your dinner every time if you feel oppressed by the concept of a fucking tip. Now I have a great job, and can be as bitter and vindictive with the delivery game as I want. When I see shitbags address again I always grab deliveries in the opposite direction, and take those first. Pretty much wont bring the food until my boss calls me and tells me the customer has called complaining once or twice. Take it out of the bag, let it get cold on the way too.

Tip or go to hell.
I'm off to hell.

I know I only mentioned it like that because obviously there are times when a public figure would just as soon tell people to fuck off, he rarely if ever did no matter how he felt.

Yeah... that's called not letting your emotions dictate how you act; and it's a sign of having at least a modicum of virtue (which is more than can be said for many). What are you implying? That it's a sign of weakness to not vent your emotions at any and all places simply because "I feel like doing that"? And if you're not saying that.... then what are you saying?

a true hero

Oh you nailed it there, Moz.... his tipping a caddy in my story was meant to exemplify the traits of a "hero".

Back