LW Kickboxing Prospects

J

Julius_Caesar

I love the LW division at the moment. I think its the most competitive division in kickboxing but the problem is there are a few different promotions so the top fighters are spread out. Someone from Glory said that they are not many challenges left for marat and sittichai but there are plenty who fight in other promotions that I would love to see in Glory. So here's a short list of some good LW prospects. Feel free to add any others and they don't have to be lightweights.

Yodwicha
He had a successful mt career and just started kickboxing about a year ago. He's young, powerful and has the type of killer instinct that most other Thai's in kickboxing don't have. He's been fighting kickboxing under the radar for about a year which is smart. Gain some experience before jumping into a bigger promotion. Would love to see how he does against better competition. Just needs to polish up on a few things.
Fight starts at 4:40:

Vlad Tuinov
Never heard of this guy up until recently when some on this forum said he was signing to Glory. Did some research and he looks good. Only a couple losses so looking forward to seeing how he does in Glory and if he can keep that good record fighting better competition.
Fight starts at 7:05:

Mohamed Mezouari
This guy caught my attention when he knocked down sittichai. Sittichai came back to win the fight but it showed he's dangerous. He had some good wins in 2017 but lost to Marat which is no shame. Hopefully he comes back better than ever.

Endy Semeleer
Not a LW but not far from it. He was another a guy I hadn't heard of until he beat Superbon and he looked impressive. Apparently he's only had 1 loss.

I would like to see the guys I've mentioned above and also Chingiz Allazov, Enriko Kehl, Yodsanklai, superbon and Petrosyan sign with Glory. Not sure how likely it is to see yodsanklai and petro since they've just signed with onefc but we've seen kickboxers fight in 2 different promotions at the same time before. Of course I would like to see these guys all fight each other no matter what promotion it is but would prefer if it was Glory based off it being the biggest promotion and the exposure they would get in the west. Obviously without the questionable judging.

The 70 kg division has always been the most competitive and interesting IMO since the creation of K-1 Max in 2002. I can only image what it would be like if all top 70 kg fighters were fighting in the same org, including the old-schoolers like Buakaw and Petrosyan too :)

Martynas Jasiunas, 20 or 21yo Lithuanian, is a good one.

he had some fights on KOK in the past but last year he pretty much fought in these Tiger Muaythai-Bangla stadiums in Thailand

fought kickboxing last week on the KOK lithuanian event and still looking good

he fought a lot on these kind of IFMA tournaments on eastern european countries but i think he is coming back to kickboxing now.

heres an old 2016 fight of him

his last week fight on youtube recorded by a fan

if we could get an 8man one night tournament feating sittichai,superbon,yodsaenklai, yodvicha,petrosyan,marat, allazov, and buakaw it would be easily the best 8man of all time in terms of skills of the competitors

if we could get an 8man one night tournament feating sittichai,superbon,yodsaenklai, yodvicha,petrosyan,marat, allazov, and buakaw it would be easily the best 8man of all time in terms of skills of the competitors
it would be one of the best but for me K-1 max final 8 was the best tournament ever

Prime Buakaw,Masato,Souwer,Zambidis and rising to prime Kyshenko and Sato

Gago Drago was cool to watch but out of the league compared to them

it would be one of the best but for me K-1 max final 8 was the best tournament ever

Prime Buakaw,Masato,Souwer,Zambidis and rising to prime Kyshenko and Sato
The list of fighters DastardlyMass brought up I think are overall better fighters. Someone like sittichai could possibly beat all of the fighters you mentioned with Buakaw being the main threat but in a tournament with petro, yodsanklai, yodwicha and superbon it would be much tougher.

I'd replace Allazov with Gogokhia

You should feel ashamed for promoting such a thread... which I feel embarrassed I had to respond to :/
lel i cant argue about that

what bothers a bit is that they seems to not read any of the posts, Majority all of MMA fans(especially on this forum,ironically) are into an "MMA bubble", where they only know about MMA and dont know shit about boxing,kickboxing and Muay Thai,but they still talking that Darren Till is a Muay Thai monster such as Jose aldo,And Lyoto Machida is the king of karate and wonderboy is the pinnacle of kickboxing...

The list of fighters DastardlyMass brought up I think are overall better fighters. Someone like sittichai could possibly beat all of the fighters you mentioned with Buakaw being the main threat but in a tournament with petro, yodsanklai, yodwicha and superbon it would be much tougher.

Honestly i dont think Yodwicha-Superbon and Sitthichai has ever faced guys like Kyshenko,Sato,Masato and Souwer.

Allazov is amazing and so Grigorian

And Prime Petro, Yod and Sitthichai i wouldnt argue about to be on an theorically best kickboxing tournament ever,but as long as i like Yodwicha and Superbon i dont think they should be into it.

lel i cant argue about that

what bothers a bit is that they seems to not read any of the posts, Majority all of MMA fans(especially on this forum,ironically) are into an "MMA bubble", where they only know about MMA and dont know shit about boxing,kickboxing and Muay Thai,but they still talking that Darren Till is a Muay Thai monster such as Jose aldo,And Lyoto Machida is the king of karate and wonderboy is the pinnacle of kickboxing...
well it's a MMA forum, why you expect everyone to know about boxing? that doesn't make any sense, 2 totally different sports, or you go to Boxing Scene forum expecting to see people talking about Barboza low kicks?

well it's a MMA forum, why you expect everyone to know about boxing? that doesn't make any sense, 2 totally different sports, or you go to Boxing Scene forum expecting to see people talking about Barboza low kicks?
since a bih part of this forum shit on other combat sports that isnt MMA they should at least know first before talking crap about

Also most of the people of this forum are obviouslly north americans,its impossible to not know about boxing existance, most people will shit on sports that are "not real fight bro"

I say MMA bubble because for these people is only good what they watch,the rest is trash when they barely know what they are offending

since a bih part of this forum shit on other combat sports that isnt MMA they should at least know first before talking crap about

Also most of the people of this forum are obviouslly north americans,its impossible to not know about boxing existance, most people will shit on sports that are "not real fight bro"

I say MMA bubble because for these people is only good what they watch,the rest is trash when they barely know what they are offending
the same happens at boxing and kickboxing focused forums, they will always use the stupid argument that "grappling not real fight bro, just gay shit"

that's called ignorance, they get defensive when it comes to other sports and it's probably because of the tribalism in western cultures

the same happens at boxing and kickboxing focused forums, they will always use the stupid argument that "grappling not real fight bro, just gay shit"

that's called ignorance, they get defensive when it comes to other sports and it's probably because of the tribalism in western cultures
Well this is a kickboxing forum

i dont remember to see a an significant quantity of muay thai and kickboxing fans talking bad about MMA.

The problem is that Boxing and MMA fans have some childish beef on what is the better sport

is a fact tha Boxing haves an waaaaaay deeper pool and in terms of talent at their own sport,boxers are miles ahead from MMA fighters..but why MMA fighters should care and get pissed about it when MMA is their favorite sport.

For example i My favorite sport is Kickboxing but i also like a lot Muay Thai and Boxing,even with both sports having an waaaay bigger talent pool than kickboxing,but why cant i enjoy more kickboxing because of it?

For example there are people who like Lil Pump and XXXtentacion,what i think its terrible,but why i should complain about them if i listen other artists and other types of music?,some people who like them can find that my favorite music artists sucks,thats subjective and personal.

people loves to hate,and this is an waste of time.

i dont remember to see a an significant quantity of muay thai and kickboxing fans talking bad about MMA.

The problem is that Boxing and MMA fans have some childish beef on what is the better sport

is a fact tha Boxing haves an waaaaaay deeper pool and in terms of talent at their own sport,boxers are miles ahead from MMA fighters..but why MMA fighters should care and get pissed about it when MMA is their favorite sport.

For example i My favorite sport is Kickboxing but i also like a lot Muay Thai and Boxing,even with both sports having an waaaay bigger talent pool than kickboxing,but why cant i enjoy more kickboxing because of it?

For example there are people who like Lil Pump and XXXtentacion,what i think its terrible,but why i should complain about them if i listen other artists and other types of music?,some people who like them can find that my favorite music artists sucks,thats subjective and personal.

people loves to hate,and this is an waste of time.
I enjoy MMA because I know that I'm watching the best fighters in the world at MMA. A boxer can't just walk in and start winning titles.

I really believe that MMA fighters and boxers can walk right into kickboxing and start winning world titles. Just like Overeem did.

The best kickboxers aren't in kickboxing. They're in MMA and boxing.

I enjoy MMA because I know that I'm watching the best fighters in the world at MMA. A boxer can't just walk in and start winning titles.

I really believe that MMA fighters and boxers can walk right into kickboxing and start winning world titles. Just like Overeem did.

The best kickboxers aren't in kickboxing. They're in MMA and boxing.

did that ever happen outside the heavyweight realm? Masato and Bonjasky fought some boxers and beat them handily.

Aside from that Overeem had an extensive kickboxing training background.

Back