Lyoto Machida vs Rafael Carvalho Dec15th Bellator Hawaii DAZN

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Interesting fight. Edit: I thought this was Feijao but it is still an interesting fight.

Last edited:
Interesting fight plus card gives us Ed Ruth. They can have my $10 in December.

Interesting fight. I'll go with Machida in this one unless we get the old killer Feijao.

I think you're thinking of Rafael Cavalcante. Carvalho just lost to Mousasi for the MW belt.

This is a really good match up.

good fight, either could win. I could see Rafael winning should Machida decided to keep it standing. Just like mousasi, Machida's best shot is taking it to the mat.

Didn't this guy get a gift decision against manhoof? Manhoof has ferocious power but isn't really as good at point fighting as machida. I'll take Machdia by decision.

good fight, either could win. I could see Rafael winning should Machida decided to keep it standing. Just like mousasi, Machida's best shot is taking it to the mat.
Really hoping to see some grappling from Machida. I love his style (since my style is the same) but he's too old and slow to rely on blitzes. Anyway, WAR DRAGON win or lose!

Interesting fight plus card gives us Ed Ruth. They can have my $10 in December.

Oh wow, the Ruth fight is on this card?? Definitely turning out to be an interesting card. Pretty awesome to see Bellator putting something on in Hawaii of all places to. There is a big MMA fan base in Hawaii, and the UFC refuses to go there because of taxes and what not. Good for Bellator and the Hawaii MMA community. Hopefully this event can be profitable for Bellator.

Oh wow, the Ruth fight is on this card?? Definitely turning out to be an interesting card. Pretty awesome to see Bellator putting something on in Hawaii of all places to. There is a big MMA fan base in Hawaii, and the UFC refuses to go there because of taxes and what not. Good for Bellator and the Hawaii MMA community. Hopefully this event can be profitable for Bellator.

Max has to be hoping its a success. If it is, maybe he will get to host an event.

Yea, I do remember reading Dana saying that they haven’t done an event in Hawaii because of the crazy weather, and because Hawaii’s bigger venues are all out door. I could see that being a concern, but not something that can’t be overcome.

The real issue from what I’ve read is that the ufc essentially wants Hawaii to cough up so dough for the event, essentially subsidizing it.

I do think thremember latter, not the former, is the reason why there hasn’t been a ufc Hawaii.

Didn't this guy get a gift decision against manhoof? Manhoof has ferocious power but isn't really as good at point fighting as machida. I'll take Machdia by decision.
He did but then he proceeded to viciously KO him in the rematch. Carvalho is legit. He could beat Machida.

I think you're thinking of Rafael Cavalcante. Carvalho just lost to Mousasi for the MW belt.

This is a really good match up.

Oh yeah. My bad. I misread that. Thanks for clarifying.

Back