Mackenzie Dern weighed 139.5 pounds five days before UFC 224, ‘wasn’t able to stand up’ during cut

If you say so, smh. Motivating factors for peoples reaction aside, she still missed weight by a huge margin and doesn't seem to give a shit.

Its true.. You see Americans hate people from Arizona..
A punch of Xenophobes.

giphy.gif

“On Thursday night, I was doing a lot of hours in the sauna and the weight wasn’t coming off; I was just losing 500 grams or 600 grams for every two hours. I told [my manager], ‘I don’t think I’m going to lose this many kilos in 24 hours.”

You can't sweat off fat. Fuck, if you could, everyone would use a sauna.

This is common thinking in Brazeal. Lol

Her manager should have made it clear to her how stupid it is to be so fatty in between bouts and think she could cut so much water weight.

She might be good at BJJ, but she seems to lack discipline and professionalism. Even Gina Carano wasn't that blubbery.

So, she's a bantamweight killing herself to fight at strawweight.
WMMA's very own Rumble Johnson.

That is an absurd amount to try and cut. Needs to get that in check or bump up a weight class.

Even in her first UFC fight where she actually made 115lbs she still looked fairly soft and flabby. For a supposed professional athlete her body composition is aweful.It's not just a question how much she weighs on the scales as she clearly doesn't put the work in. You can find plenty of regular gym goers who have a much better muscle to fat to ratio.

There's the problem right there... She should step on the scale, not holding it.

If the scale said 129 lbs when holding it, imagine if she stepped on it!

Love her body composition.

Because they are proud to be American and show it. I feel there it comes down to that sadly. Xenophobia.
Shut the fuck up.

There were dozens of members including myself who were pissed at Gastulum and ripped into him with all sorts of fat comments, etc.

People like you are weak and pathetic, constantly trying to play a victim card whenever they can.

Coming in over 7 lbs more than your contract says is unprofessional and endangers the other fighter who busted their ass to weigh in.

It doesn't matter who you, you should get one warning and then a 1 year ban from the UFC. Its the only way to deal with these unprofessional fighters.

And when GSP misses weight at 155lb I will feel the same way. The guy is one of my favorite fighters but he should have retired after Bisping. All he is doing is cherry picking easy opponents who do not pose a threat to him.

Nate Diaz doesn't deserve to be in the cage with GSP outside of being a glorified sparring partner.

What Mackenzie needs is pre-weight cut conditioning. Look at her belly, she's not in the physical condition she should be in order to make the weight cut work. If she takes care of that I'm certain she could make the strawweight limit, but currently she has quite the reputation regarding reluctance to properly train and the result was what we saw on the scale last friday. It's up to the UFC to set an ultimatum and up to her and her team to make sure she gets her lazy butt in the gym more often to get into the shape she needs to be in.

And to add. Look up my other posts on another thread. I have full disclosure of stating I think Dern is hot as hell. But she should have lost her fight purse and not been allowed to fight for the above mentioned reasons.

No man I've ever met is xenophobic vs Brazilian women. I'm originally from Orlando, I've dated more than one Brazilian. I used to go with my girlfriends church which was a Brazilian church where the service was in Portuguese and even though I didn't understand a word(ok maybe 2 or 3), the Pastor always took time to recognize me by name and thank me for coming every time. The members of the church were always very welcoming.

It's rediculous to cry racism every time someone disagrees with you. Americans are not as racist as CNN would like you to believe.

She was in the sauna for an hour, eating ice cream, so she wouldn't "died-ded".

there is no way a rational person with the most remote understanding of fighting should be giving her a pass after missing weight 3 out of 7 fights and missing bigger each time.

I cut 25 lbs from 180 to 155 to fight myself; however, I do it over a two month period by DIETING. I weigh maybe 165 at the beginning of fight week.

This kind of behavior is indicitive of somebody who has received preferential treatment her entire lifetime and the UFC continues to enable this behavior. Shameful.

Back