Mackenzie Dern weighed 139.5 pounds five days before UFC 224, ‘wasn’t able to stand up’ during cut

Coming in expecting to cut that much in a couple of days is a farce. She never tried. They should cut her on the spot if it ever happens again

Exactly, there is a limit to the amount of weight you can sweat off in a sauna.

Thinking you are going to drop 25 lbs in 5 days as a woman of that size is laughable. She obviously knew she wasn't going to drop the weight when she realized how much she actually had to drop.

It's a sauna, not magic. Her ballooning herself up between fights Hendricks style and refusing to clean up her diet during her training camp is what caused the missed weight. Not the sauna.

Lol if you’re cutting 25 lbs of water weight to make your weight class and have a huge size advantage you’re a fucking coward.

And I don’t believe she tried hard to cut either.

this bish is a liar, a fraud, and a pos. She belongs nowhere close to the upper echelon of mma. Disgraceful, unprofessional and obviously packing more internal mental issues than intestinal fortitude. All you white knighting cucks that have anything positive to say about this cheat make me sick. It's not fighter bashing, when it's facts. Her snide smile in the post fight presser made me want to see Dana announce, Gabi signed to UFC to fight dern. No holds barred.

bummer she aint allowed to roid off the excess fat
she could be hot, and make weight

In all of this shes getting two things mixed up in her head. "Lose Weight" is not the same as "Weight Cut"

She doesnt need to sort out her "weight cut"(Well she does, but thats not the immediate priority)

She needs to lose weight. Its glaringly obvious to everyone (except her apparently) that she is carrying a lot of "excess" that an athlete expecting to compete a tthe highest level probably shouldnt be carrying.

And blaming the commission is BS. She was never going to make 116 after turning up at 139. She could have had Mike Dolce personally sucking the fat out of her arse and she still would have missed weight.

She's not a flyweight, she's an out of condition strawweight, easily fixed if she wants it.

Strawweight? Could be argued if she lost the fat the only thing keeping her from atomweight is her boobs

The trip to the Performance Institudt could be fun. theyve got that machine that can measure your body composition and calculate your exact body fat percentage..

gonna be pretty rough when they tell her she's like at 25% body fat

The worst part is she hasn't really seen any bad consequences from being that unprofessional. Aside from some mild shame from fellow fighters, she is back to business after a win. Her excuses for the situation are embarrassing.

She holds the record for being the most over the weight limit (percentage-wise) in the history of the UFC. Combined with the fact that the UFC is giving her such an undeserved promotional push and being placed higher on the cards than fighters like Machida and Belfort (with it being the latter's last fight) then I'm not surprised by the vitriol.

i think its as much that she appears to have no guilt, bad feelings, or remorse about missing weight by such a margin.

maybe shes on of those people that naturally smiles with everything they say regardless of what mood they are in, but when the reaction to missing weight is just a shrug and an awkward smile, and then you are all smiles over beating someone with a massive weight advantage..

has she even apologised to her opponent properly?

At least Kelvin and the rest who missed weight by miles actually showed some guilt

she comes across as a spoiler brat who thinks she can get away with everything by smiling and feigning innocence

i think its as much that she appears to have no guilt, bad feelings, or remorse about missing weight by such a margin.

maybe shes on of those people that naturally smiles with everything they say regardless of what mood they are in, but when the reaction to missing weight is just a shrug and an awkward smile, and then you are all smiles over beating someone with a massive weight advantage..

has she even apologised to her opponent properly?

At least Kelvin and the rest who missed weight by miles actually showed some guilt

she comes across as a spoiler brat who thinks she can get away with everything by smiling and feigning innocence
I agree with your point: all these other fighters who missed weight that people frequently mention in defense of Dern all had one notable and important trait: they felt shame. These other fighters may have been undisciplined (Gastelum, Hendricks) with their diets, but they at least put in the effort to cut weight when the time came, and you could see in their faces the shame for missing weight.

Her apathy towards missing weight exemplifies the string of fighters coming into the UFC for the sole purpose of becoming famous.

You can tell just by what she's said what her intentions are: I don't want to train, I don't want to get hit, I don't want to diet, but I want to be a concurrent champion in two divisions and retire early. She wants the fame without the effort, and she's willing to take as many shortcuts as the UFC will allow.

I'm assuming the UFC is trying to find and promote any female that fits mold that Rousey created, because they're desperate for buyrates and are willing to settle for short-term gain at long-term expense. Dern smiles even when it doesn't make sense to smile because she's trying to portray an image that she thinks will help her become famous, she's not existing in the moment and listening.

You can't blame poor big mac, she couldn't understand her nutritionist here in the US.

She'll start taking it serious when she gets beat.

Until then, enjoy the jiggles.

She'll start taking it serious when she gets beat.

Until then, enjoy the jiggles.

She's serious. He deliberately misses weight in order to get stronger and less worn out than her opponent.

What's infuriating is that the only reason Dern gets a pass from many fans is because of her looks. But she doesn't even look that good anymore! I'm 100% fine with prettier girls getting better treatment in the sexual marketplace for obvious reasons, but not in sports where things should be more objective. For all her faults, Ronda made weight and was a goddamn killer. Dern acts like she doesn't care about the sport.

^That^

EXACTLY! Make the chubby goat looking woman move up a weight class.

She said on fight day the two weighed the same.

Wonder how many ITT watched the fight. Dern schooled Cooper in round one.

The overreactions are hysterical.

Are you really stupid enough to believe that despite seeing the fight? Or did you not see it and are just talking out of your ass? That fat blob looked 20lbs bigger than Cooper.

You can't blame poor big mac, she couldn't understand her nutritionist here in the US.

Big Mac.. this works on so many levels. This needs to be made Sherficial

I can't wait to see her fat arse get pushed in championship rounds vs JJJ or thug rose.

Lol at her acting like it was an isolated incident and the weight just wouldn't come off when she's missed weight in about half her fights.This chick is pathetic...over 7 pounds isn't, the weight just stopped coming off.

Weights a lot more than Mighty Mouse. I bet that's his type of women. Hahaha

Shut the fuck up.

There were dozens of members including myself who were pissed at Gastulum and ripped into him with all sorts of fat comments, etc.

People like you are weak and pathetic, constantly trying to play a victim card whenever they can.

Coming in over 7 lbs more than your contract says is unprofessional and endangers the other fighter who busted their ass to weigh in.

It doesn't matter who you, you should get one warning and then a 1 year ban from the UFC. Its the only way to deal with these unprofessional fighters.

And when GSP misses weight at 155lb I will feel the same way. The guy is one of my favorite fighters but he should have retired after Bisping. All he is doing is cherry picking easy opponents who do not pose a threat to him.

Nate Diaz doesn't deserve to be in the cage with GSP outside of being a glorified sparring partner.

@Polish whatever
Wow what a fucking presumptuous loser. You got all about me that from one comment I made on a forum? Go fuck yourself , ignored for being a rude and ignorant piece of shit. Stop being a piece of shit , nobody will give a fuck about you in life if you continue to project online this way.

Last edited:
Back