Mad Dog Mattis possibly out after midterms

Maybe if one party elected a super majority of over the top judges with extreme views. I think it would be less likely. The judges need to remember their job is strictly to interpret the laws and the Constitution.

Not gonna happen. We are hyperagressive political fiends today and I just don't see any way back to simpler, calmer times.

Trump probably wants someone who supports getting us out of Syria and Afghanistan. It's known that he frustrated with the strategy choices he's being given for Afghanistan. Trump wants out because he knows we can never achieve the ridiculous and unrealistic expectations we went into the war with. The people will not support more aggressive action that results in higher casualties anymore, and it doesn't matter since there's nothing to replace the Taliban long term. We've also learned the Taliban are better than most of our Afghan "allies" ,since they had at least banned the cultural practice of raping young boys. Trump is right when it comes to getting us out.

???

1.- He can order the troops out at any moment.

2.- If he really wants America out of Syria, why did he appointed Bolton as National Security Advisor?

???

1.- He can order the troops out at any moment.

2.- If he really wants America out of Syria, why did he appointed Bolton as National Security Advisor?

Trump wants a realistic exit plan in Afghanistan that acknowledges the reality on the ground now. Trump's been unhappy with his generals who want to increase troops for a war with no support. Americans won't accept higher casualties, but there's obvious generals with unrealistic goals they want to accomplish before we get out.

I don't like John Bolton at all. I didn't like that Trump chose him, but now I think Trump is only using him as a negotiating tool because of his reputation as a crazy warmonger. Trump knows his base well enough to know they don't support the neocon Bolton. Trump isn't a warmonger; he's the one holding them off.

Sounds like a job for Kissinger.
46e87c83f408e4287b6327334d13bf7a.jpg

Kissinger was an idiot.
Those same military men managed to wipe out 6,000,000 Jews during WWII.
I'm sure Kissinger would not be saying that regarding Israeli Generals.

Kissinger was an idiot.
Those same military men managed to wipe out 6,000,000 Jews during WWII.
I'm sure Kissinger would not be saying that regarding Israeli Generals.
He's certainly evil, but he's not wrong nor is he an idiot.
Case in point, Heinrich HImmler was the architect of the Final Solution, not a military man. In fact he was a notorious military wannabe

They are all replaceable. Question is finding a rational one. I don't think Mattis is all that unique. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines all have great retired Generals/Admirals that could do the job just as well. None have gotten to that rank without a lot of 'trials' and experience. Dealing with someone of Trump's temperament is nothing new to them.

I hear Mike Flynn needs a job.

Heinrich HImmler was the architect of the Final Solution, not a military man.

I think you need to review your German WWII history. Heinrich Himmler was Commander of the Nazi SS. Yes, that made him a soldier in Hitler's Army. Adolf Eichmann was the architect of the Holocaust. He was a Nazi SS Lieutenant Colonel, also a soldier in Hitler's Army.

You guys are deranged. Wow, it’s amazing how supposed educated people can be so manipulated.

I think you need to review your German WWII history. Heinrich Himmler was Commander of the Nazi SS. Yes, that made him a soldier in Hitler's Army. Adolf Eichmann was the architect of the Holocaust. He was a Nazi SS Lieutenant Colonel, also a soldier in Hitler's Army.

No. Eichmman's plan was to deport jews out of Germany (expanded German empire).
Himmler was the architect of Hitler's desire to eradicate the jews.
And Heydrich was the guy who put Himmler's plan into action.
(of course there are lots of people involved).
These were, for the most part, political leaders. Very few actual military men involved.
Eichman, for instance, was a salesman before joining the Nazi party and rising in the ranks; not a soldier of any kind.
Himmler was at least a reserve in WWI, but never a military man. His rise and power were 100% political within the Nazi party.
Heydrich was actually in the German Navy, but was given a dishonorable discharge and found his real power and influence within the Nazi party.

I haven’t seen any evidence of Trump calling him that sounds like someone stirring the pot again unless I missed something

No. Eichmman's plan was to deport jews out of Germany. Himmler was the architect of Hitler's desire to eradicate the jews. And Heydrich was the guy who put Himmler's plan into action. (of course there are lots of people involved). These were, for the most part, political leaders. Very few actual military men involved.

Point being that all 3 men were military officers in Hitler's Army. All three wore the Gestapo military uniform. Why wear the uniform if you are not a military man?

. Heinrich Himmler: "Was Reichsführer of the Schutzstaffel (Protection Squadron; SS), and a leading member of the Nazi Party (NSDAP) of Germany. Himmler was one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany and one of the people most directly responsible for the Holocaust."

. Reinhard Heydrich: "Was a high-ranking German Nazi official during World War II, and a main architect of the Holocaust."

. Adolf Eichmann: "Was a German Nazi SS-Obersturmbannführer (lieutenant colonel) and one of the major organizers of the Holocaust."

True, but we do loose certain rights. Free speech being one of them. Not being allowed to criticize the President or U.S. foreign policy. Remember Gen. Stanley McChrystal and the Rolling Stone article?
Of course I remember the article. We trade limitations for access to other privileges. We accept restraints on certain rights and privileges in exchange for the ability to influence US foreign policy and international relations.

Point being that all 3 men were military officers in Hitler's Army. All three wore the Gestapo military uniform. Why wear the uniform if you are not a military man?

. Heinrich Himmler: "Was Reichsführer of the Schutzstaffel (Protection Squadron; SS), and a leading member of the Nazi Party (NSDAP) of Germany. Himmler was one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany and one of the people most directly responsible for the Holocaust."

. Reinhard Heydrich: "Was a high-ranking German Nazi official during World War II, and a main architect of the Holocaust."

. Adolf Eichmann: "Was a German Nazi SS-Obersturmbannführer (lieutenant colonel) and one of the major organizers of the Holocaust."

SS was more of a government agency, which had a military structure and discipline, but was not necessarily directly involved in military affairs (although they did have branches which did).

I'm pretty sure none of these three were ever directly involved in the planning or execution of any battle in WW2. Their job had strictly to do with over-seeing and enforcing "Nazi ideology", similar to the political commissars of the Soviet Union (who were also often attached to the military). Actually Himmler did have a brief stint as Hitler's appointed general for the defense army, but was quickly removed after failing miserably in his duties.

Heydrich´s official rank was SS-Obergruppenführer und General der Polizei (Senior Group Leader and General of Police). So he was considered more of a "police men" than a military man.

Even modern police assign military ranks to one another, but are obviously not real military when it comes down to it.

SS, Gestapo, etc. is more of a warning sign of what can happen when the police get militarized, which is something that Americans should definitely worry about.

Last edited:

So if one puts on the uniform, even if its just Halloween, they become a Military Man?

SS was more of a government agency, which had a military structure and discipline, but was not necessarily directly involved in military affairs (although they did have branches which did).

Absolutely. It is interesting how the SS grew into a combat role. These were some of the toughest Germans soldiers to fight in WWII:

. The Waffen-SS was the armed wing of the Nazi Party's SS organization. It grew from 3 Regiments to over 38 Divisions during World War II, and served alongside the regular Army. Type: Armored, Cavalry, Infantry, and Mountain Infantry.

We trade limitations for access to other privileges.

Indeed, and fun. :) Shooting things up with different weapons. Blowing stuff up. Calling in airstrikes. Free M&M's and gum. I see the amount of toilet paper has not increased since 1988.

Last edited:
Back