Made a chef's knife for christmas

Einar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Happy Festivus, folks. As a seasoned procrastinator, I finally finished this chefs knife for my nephew around 2 o'clock this morning. Here in Norway, we open the presents today, at Christmas eve, so I'm cutting it close.

Spring steel blade, differentially heat treated with clay. The hamon is there but not really visible in the pics because my attempts at etching were... unsatisfactory to say the least, so I sanded away the etch for a more plain, satin finish.

Beech burl handle and spring steel blade. 12" blade, 6" handle.

Lijgi1W.jpg

NeAcF32.jpg

DCS3hmi.jpg

hkPhpjT.jpg

Awesome man. I wish I had skills to give people custom made one of a kind stuff like that

Your girls gonna love it... it's gonna be tough to top that xmas gift.

Awesome man. I wish I had skills to give people custom made one of a kind stuff like that

Thank you. Its not as difficult as you might think though. When I make a knife that I am really happy with, I'd say its more a question of patience than skill. I have an image in my mind of what I want it to look like and I keep at it until it does.

Your girls gonna love it... it's gonna be tough to top that xmas gift.

Thanks, man. It's for my nephew though. Dont have a girl, but according to Kevy2Pale, I'll soon be swimming in pussy.

Thanks, man. It's for my nephew though. Dont have a girl, but according to Kevy2Pale, I'll soon be swimming in pussy.

It came out really nice.

What else do you make?

And with a knife that size what chick could say no to you

That's an awesome knife. I'd be stoked to get it for Christmas.

It came out really nice.

What else do you make?

I've made some historically inspired knives/swords and axes. I studied medieval weapons when i took archaeology in university.

And with a knife that size what chick could say no to you

I know, right? And its not even my biggest one.

I've made some historically inspired knives/swords and axes. I studied medieval weapons when i took archaeology in university.

I know, right? And its not even my biggest one.

Keep doing what you're doing.
Sell those things. Custom knives sell for some high prices.

How I envision the ceremony will go when he receives it.

Back