Magic: The Gathering (MTG: Arena Beta is out now on PC)

Well EDH is the casual play style and should stay that way. Granted I play with some powerful cards here and there but my decks aint trying to combo off in turn 2 or do something stupid where people cant have fun. EDH is meant to be fun and do wacky things and have a fun time and try and win but if you cant its all good.

The decks where you lock people out or combo off turn 1 or 2 aren't meant for EDH and I would prolly say that to the person. Against the spirit of the format.

With beers and pizza and my friends is the only way I play it. We all joke and want to win but pull the back cos we are playing for kicks. I enjoy the banter and wackiness.

Unfortunately, some people don't think that way. Some people just want to win. For a casual format, IMO, it's a good way to lose friends lol

Took out my first FNM on Friday last week.

Quite chuffed. Drafted a half decent deck. I also beat 2 of the spikes, one of whom I've never actually beaten, just got close a few times.

Played my first standard on Sunday. Got smashed. Didn't get anything going at all with my deck

I am playing the open beta for MTG Arena and it is amazing. I have been nerding out for days with my black green deck.

wasnt long until ijust started trolling the game by making a 250 card deck of all colors. The way i think is "hey this is cool, i wonder how i can troll people." Eh

Decks are 250 cards, now? It was limited to 60 forever back during the days my brothers played the TCG.

Can't wait till it comes to Xbox One. I loved Magic Duels. Played the shit out of it.

Decks are 250 cards, now? It was limited to 60 forever back during the days my brothers played the TCG.

60 is just the minimum for constructed.

upload_2018-12-13_10-37-39.png

View attachment 487321
Yeah, I asked my little brother about this yesterday when I showed the game to him, with the hilarious Danny Trejo trailer, and he told me about the 250 maximum (also mentioning there was some card that said, "If you drew this card with over 200 left in your draw library, you win the game").

I was just the guinea pig they used to test out their decks when they wanted free target practice. I was bloodsport. I barely understood the phases, but I did enjoy the game a great deal at the casual level.

My little brother was at one point the #2 ranked player in Northern California.

i wish they ported this to android, like heartstone. I still dont have a good enough PC to run this, and from what I'm hearing this is much better then MTGO, only gripe I have with this is there is no modern which is my favorite format, but I heard the buy in is not so expensive, plus this is what might get me back into magic,as I dont have time to play the physical form anymore.

View attachment 487321

What a stupid win condition. Even with 4 in your deck the odds of finding one of those even with some digging is ridiculous. That is some unhinged era shit.

Does anyone watch LegenVd on YT? He makes great Arena vids. He's good at draft.

What a stupid win condition. Even with 4 in your deck the odds of finding one of those even with some digging is ridiculous. That is some unhinged era shit.

Does anyone watch LegenVd on YT? He makes great Arena vids. He's good at draft.

Do you mean Unglued?

i wish they ported this to android, like heartstone. I still dont have a good enough PC to run this, and from what I'm hearing this is much better then MTGO, only gripe I have with this is there is no modern which is my favorite format, but I heard the buy in is not so expensive, plus this is what might get me back into magic,as I dont have time to play the physical form anymore.

It's still in beta... I hope they port it too. At the very least, to console.. My laptop barely hangs in there

It's still in beta... I hope they port it too. At the very least, to console.. My laptop barely hangs in there
same here although the requirements are low I'd rather play this on a tablet like hearthstone, or console and will also reach a broader market.

same here although the requirements are low I'd rather play this on a tablet like hearthstone, or console and will also reach a broader market.

I'm using a POS laptop that's about 7 odd years ago. That's a few lifetimes in technology years

Still sad that Gwent turned out to be such a disaster.....

upload_2018-12-13_10-37-39-png.487321
what is the M13 label for? (I haven't played for 15 years or so)

Back