Magnesium Carbonate, 4oz Gloves, and Sledgehammers

Haha. Thanks.

Planning to do some lifting this afternoon, if my knee doesn't act like a little bitch. Don't think I'll follow 5/3/1, as I just wanna get some work in. Back to normal schedule next week, hopefully.

Warm-up - Int/Ext shoulder rotations, dynamic stretching, 1x6 min Bas Thai rounds (every other combo)

Bench (paused)
45x15
135x8
175x5
189x5
202x5
214x11 (TNG +wraps)

BW Squat
x20

OHS
60x10
115x5

FS
145x8
185x5

BS
200x20

DB BORs
100x15
100x

Leg Curls/Extensions superset (unilateral)
45x8/x8

Bridges & Stretches

Sledgehammer levering

20 rep squats make me hurt for you(no homo)

lol. 20 rep squats after 5/3/1 working sets suck a lot worse than 20 rep squats after just warm-up sets. I just didn't feel like doing roughly the same weight/sets/reps that I did on squats last week, and I didn't wanna get my squats ahead of my bench on the 5/3/1 schedule. I'm getting close to the place where I'll drop 5/3/1 on squats in favor of just doing 20 reppers, at least until I get a couple more plates.

Today

Warm-up - int/ext shoulder rotations, dynamic stretches and technique/power kicking/punching on the bag

ZDL
135x8
185x8
215x5
235x5
252x5
267x9

SOHP (paused)
45x15
95x8
115x5
125x5
135x5
145x9 (TNG) - caught my chin on what woulda been rep #10 and lost it.

Pull-ups
x5
x5
x5

Unilateral Leg Curl/Extension
45x8
45x8

A little more bag work, ~5 min

Bridges
Stretching

The time I took off trying to let my knee heal up really killed my recovery and conditioning.

Warm-up - int/ext shoulder rotations, dynamic stretching, 1x6 min Bas Thai round (every other combo)

BW Squats
x20

OHS
65x10
115x5

FS
165x5
205x3

Squat
235x3
252x3
267x3
282x10 (+belt)

205x20

Squat video:

Bench (paused)
45x20
135x10
185x3
200x3
215x3
230x3 (+wraps, TNG from here on)
240x3
250x3
260x3
270x2.4 (PR)
Roll of shame x1 (PR)

Will do some assistance and stretching tomorrow, maybe.

Thanks.

Basically, because I can. lol. I'm not really a fan of wearing shoes. I prefer boots or sandals, so, when I started lifting at home, I quit wearing shoes. Also, I blew out the soles of a set of shoes by lifting in them in the past, so I keep a pair of shoes for if I go running, or lift at a gym, but I'm not gonna buy special shoes for lifting when I lift at home.

Also, since I do bagwork for warm-up/conditioning, which includes a lot of kicks, I don't want to mess with putting shoes on and taking 'em off. I probably should do some bagwork with boots on, in case I ever am in a self-defense situation, but I don't want to hit the bag with shoes or boots on regularly.

aight, and the dubs?

I used a slang term for Chinese last night in the pub when discussing their food and soy sauce and Fedorable decided to be a d*** and report the post as racist. An overly sensitive PC non-S&P mod responded to the report.

I like the saw horses, nice squatting.

Thanks. I probably should find the other screws that are supposed to go on them, or a few more screws to hold 'em together, period, as I've only got like 6 screws in each one right now, and there's supposed to be like 16 in each.

I used a slang term for Chinese last night in the pub when discussing their food and soy sauce and Fedorable decided to be a d*** and report the post as racist. An overly sensitive PC non-S&P mod responded to the report.

So you used a word that rhymes with "sink"?

Good on Fedorable for reporting the post. Maybe you'll stop and think before you post something racist and stupid.

JL - seems like you accidentally de-friended me on facebook.

I definitely will think before I post anything in reference to another culture, whether or not it can be taken in a way I don't mean or uses slang that someone else might see as offensive, because it's not my intent to come across that way. I don't see what I said as racist, but I forgot how sensitive some people are about all that. In person, I'm usually pretty good about being careful what I say, not using terms around people I don't know that well or if I think they'll be offended. I see a difference between using something in a slang manner and it being a slur and racist, but I know some people don't. I just didn't think about it, having seen a couple people use the N word in the pub and nobody get upset over it. That being said, if I reported every post that was offensive to me, I'd be averaging at least one a day that I'm on here. Also, as far as racial slang/slurs/etc, it's hardly an equal playing field. Apparently they're okay if you're talking about anything/one with a European heritage...

Warm-up – Int/Ext shoulder rotations, dynamic stretching, 1x6 min Bas Thai round (every other combo)

ZDL
135x8
185x8
232x3
252x3
267x3
282x7 (reset between most reps)

SOHP (paused)
45x15
95x8
122x3
132x3
142x3
152x12 (+wraps, TNG)

Pull-ups
x8
x8
x7.5

1x4min Tabata punching – pitiful; hardly any power or speed after first round
Rest
1x2min Tabata BW squats – wanted to do full round, but legs cramped up after wave 4, tried to keep going, but it wasn’t happening
Rest
Some pushups

Bridges
Stretches

I definitely will think before I post anything in reference to another culture, whether or not it can be taken in a way I don't mean or uses slang that someone else might see as offensive, because it's not my intent to come across that way. I don't see what I said as racist, but I forgot how sensitive some people are about all that. In person, I'm usually pretty good about being careful what I say, not using terms around people I don't know that well or if I think they'll be offended. I see a difference between using something in a slang manner and it being a slur and racist, but I know some people don't. I just didn't think about it, having seen a couple people use the N word in the pub and nobody get upset over it. That being said, if I reported every post that was offensive to me, I'd be averaging at least one a day that I'm on here. Also, as far as racial slang/slurs/etc, it's hardly an equal playing field. Apparently they're okay if you're talking about anything/one with a European heritage...

I think what you said is not necessarily racist as it is offensive to certain people. Racist and offensive things although can be related, they are not the same thing. Many people make un-PC/offensive jokes yet dont hold specific racist/bigotted beliefs. Even more interesting is how certain things can be borderline acceptable when said by one group of people but not another.

Your biggest mistake was not claiming to be 1/64th chinese.

Nice lifting.

Back