Magny fight should have been stopped due to kicks?

You make me fucking sick, i think you need to find something new to watch, pussy.

A post on the internet makes you "fucking sick"? I think you need a safe space so that you can function in society again.

It's not hard to predict how a fight might end when a guy can't put pressure on one leg but that's his corner's call

The early eye injury put Neil off his game.
Any thoughts on what cause that. Santiago was throwing the job so fast I couldn't see what happened.
The Argentinian has a reputation and I thought it was suspicious that they didn't show any replays.
SilverMealyFieldspaniel-small.gif

Well...his corner is free to save him from more punishment.
Do the new rules allow corners to throw in the towel during the round or are they still only allowed to stop the fight between rounds?

I feel this fight showed the blueprint on how to beat Jon Jones and break his little twig calves as long as the low kicks are well set up

How many times has Magny been hurt and come back? Herb gets a ton of shit for late and early stoppages, so this would have been a catch 22 for him. Ultimately, it's on Magny's corner.

Nope, he was still fighting back until he got cut down like a tree. Perfect stoppage.

Herb looked like he was going to stop it a couple of times. Even warned Magny to fight back, to which he did.

The issue was, even on one leg, Magny was still throwing hands, so by definition he was defending himself.

But yeah, that was brutal to watch, I have to admit. His leg was destroyed.

Had a large bet on a double with Lamas and Ponz
Figured I'd have to go through the fire with Elkins and his 'ways'
So after that I was sitting loving life waiting to cash in, then I see Magny on one leg and I'm like .... :)
That cut on Ponz eye nearly gave me a friggin heart attack bro

A post on the internet makes you "fucking sick"? I think you need a safe space so that you can function in society again.
Yup, you start a thread about stopping a fight over fucking leg kicks and i'm the one who needs a safe space. Pathetic.

Ponzi did a number on Magnys skinny legs. Knocking him down several times. Also this was a clean win for Ponzi. No eye poker.

Magny's corner should have stopped it. He didn't need to get KO'ed like that.

Don't see him going for a run... or long walk anytime soon.

Leg was bad. I maintain the belief that Ponz had a side bet with someone that he would put magny to sleep with a head shot.

Its the only explanation for all the head hunting when the leg was readily available for the finish.

Last edited:
Lamas too.

Good night for leg kicks. It's always painful to watch a guy who can't check kicks get brutalized. The only thing worse is when a guy can't check kicks but his opponent stops going to the well. It's one of the most effective strategies in MMA. It's always badass to see the gritty bastards like Rory or Gaethje fight through fucked up legs.

I don't understand how you get to this level without learning to check leg kicks, like dude just lift your leg up its that simple.

It seemed to be pretty bad. It wasn't like ponzi hit him with a bajillion Leg kicks, I have a feeling there were just 1 or 2 that just landed in the right spot that fucked up him really badly after that everyone hurt A LOT

Back