Magny Last Night (Still my boy rant!!)

He looked timid and was backing up the whole time. He threw left jabs all fight and a weird soft looping right hand. I wonder if it was injured.

He looked like a deer in the headlights after that first strike hurt his eye.

Sort of froze up, and was timid.
I haven't seen the fight but if what you say is right, being like what people and you describe after that specific punch, then it's likely he was seeing doubles.

Yeah, it was weird that he did really attempt to grapple. After that eye jab it was downhill for him.

Magny was ....off last night.

One of the things I noticed, is that he never even tried to grapple.
Hold Ponzi, push him against the cage or take him down.

the only attempt I saw was after his legs were gone and it was a feeble attempt to pull guard ffs.

Anyone thinks this was an odd fight from Magny?

I mean the dude was able to withstand punches from Hector Lombard, Kelvin and Johnny hemndricks...but Ponzi took him out of his game completely???
I don't know. Maybe an undisclosed injury, maybe he was just off.... but I am not sure we saw the best Magny we could have seen... I am not sure Ponzi could repeat this fight

Leg kicks, pressure and volume. Ponzi watched Neil’s fight with Larkin and went after the legs.

Magny couldn't grapple because he was getting pieced up in the pocket and pressured backwards. Then Ponz started destroying his legs as the fight wore on. He didn't have any way to set up a TD and would have gotten KO'd early if he tried to force it.

I really like Magny, but he has a hard ceiling as a fringe top ten guy. That fight should have been stopped before it got to the fourth round.

This further illustrates the problems with MMA culture regarding non-competitive fights. In boxing, a fighter who's been hurt repeatedly and can't get any offense going after 6 or so rounds is going to have his corner throw in the towel. The same should have happened last night.

he didn't look off. he did EXACTLY the same thing to RDA.

RDA just was WAY more efficient with his techniques and didn't hesitate for 4 rds like Ponzi did.

Magny was ....off last night.

One of the things I noticed, is that he never even tried to grapple.
Hold Ponzi, push him against the cage or take him down.

the only attempt I saw was after his legs were gone and it was a feeble attempt to pull guard ffs.

Anyone thinks this was an odd fight from Magny?

I mean the dude was able to withstand punches from Hector Lombard, Kelvin and Johnny hemndricks...but Ponzi took him out of his game completely???
I don't know. Maybe an undisclosed injury, maybe he was just off.... but I am not sure we saw the best Magny we could have seen... I am not sure Ponzi could repeat this fight
yeah It was an unusual fight.

DIdn't try to wrestle, grapple, looked strange on the feet.

He's far better than that.

I think those legs shots did him in and he just couldn’t move
This! His leg was TOAST quite early on and he was just hanging in there.

He took quite a sustained beating and he isn't a guy who'd quit but his leg was really bad and that meant he basically couldn't really launch any offense.

I thought Ponzonibio broke Magnys orbital the way Magny kept holding touching it but everyone else was screaming eye poke which it wasn’t.

It also didn’t help that he almost got finished at the end of everyone round and didn’t really have time to recover. Leg kicks and those stiff jabs did him in.

Back