Mail order brides.........

they dont really have "mail order brides." they have dating sites where many of the girls are looking for companions. thats where i met mine. we have been married 10 years. we talked for about a year before she went to oklahoma on a scholarship. i was in texas and went up and met her and we hit it off and got married a year later. she was a news anchor in panama for 8 years before that.

hell, i had to put a lot more work into that compared to meeting some girl in a bar. over the course of the time we spent online and in the phone, you can really tell what the intentions from the other is.

yes i agree if you literally ordered a girl out of a magazine to marry, that would be pathetic. but like i said, that doesnt really happen. if you think you are getting ready to do that, more than likely you are getting ready to be scammed.

i used to be embarrassed to say that's how we met, but no longer. i think it was a great way.

The issue really though would be about power imbalance wouldn't it which doesn't seem like its their with your wife being successful/educated, more like cross boarder net dating?

I mean I wouldn't say that a power imbalance is always a negative in a relationship but it does I think clearly mean theres more potential for abusive control.

I used to work with a guy that got himself one of them Vietnam ones. We were all on a break one morning and he had a photo of him and this hot chick. We thought it might have been his kid's pal or some kid he'd adopted. Nope. He'd gone out and bought himself a sex slave. Fuckin dumbass, he could've just gone to Newark.

The issue really though would be about power imbalance wouldn't it which doesn't seem like its their with your wife being successful/educated, more like cross boarder net dating?

I mean I wouldn't say that a power imbalance is always a negative in a relationship but it does I think clearly mean theres more potential for abusive control.
i could see that for sure. and with mine, we didnt meet with the initial plan of getting married even. we just talked for a long time and it took a lot for her to give up her career. you just hope the women in less equal positions can be smart enough to pick a guy that will treat them well in the first place. but i imagine many of the guys dont and that is why they are looking for a girl like that in the first place. but i would think both the guy and girl are kind of nuts to marry someone they dont really know in the first place. but if the girl is coming from a shitty situation, i can understand the thought process. its a shame some men take advantage of that

1) Go to Miami for a month
2) Go clubbing - detestable and pathetic, but necessary
3) Drop dough on hot Russian college students
4) Date for a bit, if they're smart (and many are pretty intelligent), wife up, they'll prolly go more easily for the papers (this is a horrible thing to say but a reality nevertheless)
5) ???
6) Profit

Possible extra:
7) Realize she's an FSB sleeper
Horrible advice, most of those Russian girls are either tied in with the mob or they have a Russian boyfriend either back in Russia or here waiting in the wings. The ones with the boyfriend in Russia usually play some ploy to get the guy to bring him over with some "he's my brother" or "cousin" crap. They will pull you in for all the money they can suck out of you and a green card, then drop your ass. Add to the fact they all want to be "trophy wives". The Russian girl on that show was a pretty good representative of what they are like.

Get a Latin girl, they are just as good looking if not better, are usually very loyal only problem is they are very jealous and possessive.

Horrible advice, most of those Russian girls are either tied in with the mob or they have a Russian boyfriend either back in Russia or here waiting in the wings. The ones with the boyfriend in Russia usually play some ploy to get the guy to bring him over with some "he's my brother" or "cousin" crap. They will pull you in for all the money they can suck out of you and a green card, then drop your ass. Add to the fact they all want to be "trophy wives". The Russian girl on that show was a pretty good representative of what they are like.

Get a Latin girl, they are just as good looking if not better, are usually very loyal only problem is they are very jealous and possessive.

Dude... less TV for you, alright?

Dude... less TV for you, alright?
not TV, I see this shit all the time down here in Florida. I see guys get mixed up with these girls on a regular basis, it's gotten so predictable that I'm starting to think they have a "how to" course in Russia for these women

not TV, I see this shit all the time down here in Florida. I see guys get mixed up with these girls on a regular basis, it's gotten so predictable that I'm starting to think they have a "how to" course in Russia for these women

They have a "how to" course in every country if we're being real. I get it, it happens, but you honestly have to be a weapons-grade idiot to go the whole 9 yards before noticing a scam - at which point you deserve a fleecing as you've proven yourself a sheep

they dont really have "mail order brides." they have dating sites where many of the girls are looking for companions. thats where i met mine. we have been married 10 years. we talked for about a year before she went to oklahoma on a scholarship. i was in texas and went up and met her and we hit it off and got married a year later. she was a news anchor in panama for 8 years before that.

hell, i had to put a lot more work into that compared to meeting some girl in a bar. over the course of the time we spent online and in the phone, you can really tell what the intentions from the other is.

yes i agree if you literally ordered a girl out of a magazine to marry, that would be pathetic. but like i said, that doesnt really happen. if you think you are getting ready to do that, more than likely you are getting ready to be scammed.

i used to be embarrassed to say that's how we met, but no longer. i think it was a great way.

giphy.gif

I've been on a 90 day fiance binge. Is this real? This has got to be the most pathetic thing a man can do. I feel bad for both parties involved. None of the women are happy and the guys are all just strange. You can always see the disappointment in the parents too lol. I could see if you were in your 60s or something but some of these guys are in there early 30s. This has to be fake.

Went to college with one. She seemed pretty happy and her man was normal. Rich. But normal. She was living a much better life than where she came from, that is for sure.

Nevermind, this shit is awesome.

Me and the missus have our new guilty pleasure show.

LMAO this is my new favorite trash tv show...yeah, I don't believe some of these couples are real...I can believe some, like the fat old guy and the Asian girl (Thai? I don't remember)...but why the hell would that attractive black chick put up with that Dominican guy...

No American guy would put up with The Family Chantel in a marriage.

Chick is stacked but that family would get tiring real quick.

The concept of 'Mail Order Brides' is disgusting.

No one is surprised when the rich, lonely, desperate, and old men are left poor, lonely, desperate, and older. That's exactly what they deserve.

Some Sherdog Sexpats got fucking wrecked ITP.

Can I use my Amazon Prime membership? And do I get it by drone delivery?

They have a "how to" course in every country if we're being real. I get it, it happens, but you honestly have to be a weapons-grade idiot to go the whole 9 yards before noticing a scam - at which point you deserve a fleecing as you've proven yourself a sheep
I get what you are saying but to say they "deserve a fleecing" based on being stupid, have low self esteem, being socially awkward or any combination I think is disingenuous. When people form emotional attachments they have a habit of being irrational, they will overlook or justify warning signs that to an outsider seems like an obvious red flag. Look how many people on here create threads that prove that, hell the IPad thread alone. I've seen cases where these women target people that are on the autistic spectrum or mentally challenged specifically because they are easier targets, that's just wrong I don't care how easily you want to dismiss it as them "getting what they deserve".

1) Go to Miami for a month
2) Go clubbing - detestable and pathetic, but necessary
3) Drop dough on hot Russian college students
4) Date for a bit, if they're smart (and many are pretty intelligent), wife up, they'll prolly go more easily for the papers (this is a horrible thing to say but a reality nevertheless)
5) ???
6) Profit

Possible extra:
7) Realize she's an FSB sleeper

8) she brings you to the White House job fair and has you fill out an application.

Just make sure when you order your wife, there are holes in the box.

Back