Major New Movie 'Active Measures' Brings Rabid Anti-Russianism to the Silver Screen

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking about the WR's anti-Russian hysteria as I read about this. Some of you will probably love this, like the ones here who learn about terrorism from "24."

If you believed Saddam Hussein had chemical weapons, this movie is for you. If you're an ideologue on an anti-Russian bender, you'll find this movie intoxicatingly pleasant. But if you want a real dose of reality about the troubling Trump-Russia scandal "Active Measures" has nothing for you except an object lesson in how mass deception is done.

"The President is a puppet of Vladimir Putin!" That sums up the revelations of the blockbuster movie "Active Measures." It recently debuted at theaters in New York and Los Angeles....

So what does this all add up to?

Active Measures sets out to warn of how active measures are being used to deceive Americans about a "conspiracy hiding in plain sight."

The irony of it all is that Active Measures itself is an actual exemplar of active measures. It presents specious commentary as if it were factual. In a sense it is sucker bait. Its producers call it a documentary. That's true. It documents its own deception.

But don't skip watching the movie over that. It offers a perfect opportunity to witness highly polished political misinformation in action.

https://russia-insider.com/en/polit...s-rabid-anti-russianism-silver-screen/ri24746

It’s frightening how many people are eating up this crap. But then again, when you have most politicians, most the media and Hollywood pushing the narrative it’s no wonder most people are sucked in

In an era when people believe the earth is flat, any conspiracy will have some supporters.

Has anyone seen this yet?

Haven't seen it but not sure Russia-insider.com is going to give a fair and balanced review

For anyone who wants a foreign input of tRUmp/russia listen to the Australian podcast Russia if you're listening

The 80's are back!

images

rocky01.jpg

Not surprising. For Americas only good the right wing must stay in power.

Because the left will not only weaken and destroy America but start conflict with Russia. Then again maybe a left wing takeover is better for the world since liberals will denuke America and let it be tsken over by idiots and muslims and they all destroy themselves.

I encourage non liberal loving hollyweird Americans to NOT see this and take it with grain of salt. Russia has more in common with Gods values and christianity than the American left etc. And is anti cultur marxism.

Remember when libs like Rob Reiner starred in movies like "The Russians Are Coming!" to make fun of Anti-Russia hysteria? Now they are the ones engaging in McCarthyism. Dangerous and sad

A pro Russian site is butthurt about Russians being portrayed badly?

Sounds like N.Korea with The Interview.

Russia is actively interfering in countries elections & poisoning people.
No sympathy for them.

I remember when Republicans hated Russia/Putin before they went full hard-on for strongman authoritarianism.
Bwahahahaha!!! Stop drinking the gov't cool-aid, friend. NO ONE interferes more than America. And that poisoning is ridonkulous absolutely no proof whatsoever. But the West pass sanctions over it. Intelligence community playing you like a fiddle, boy

It's a documentary that hasn't even had a wide release (at least that's how it seems). Sort of the opposite of a blockbuster.

It's a documentary using first-hand sources and well-vetted material from what I can derive.

But, of course, anything on this subject, no matter how factual, well-researched, or professional, would be deemed disinformation and propaganda by you all without having even watched it. Because that's your party line.

Sounds like a lot of racism against Russians. But it's ok because it's leftist racism.

Bwahahahaha!!! Stop drinking the gov't cool-aid, friend. NO ONE interferes more than America. And that poisoning is ridonkulous absolutely no proof whatsoever. But the West pass sanctions over it. Intelligence community playing you like a fiddle, boy

there have been multiple alleged poisonings.

anthony bourdain interviewed a putin critic on his show, who was later shot on the sidewalk. could be a robbery or drive by, but it seems weird how these putin critics tend to die mysteriously.

and the whole "american meddles in elections too" shit is so bizarre to me. because we do it, we should ignore when people attempt or succeed at doing it to us? cuckery.

there have been multiple alleged poisonings.

anthony bourdain interviewed a putin critic on his show, who was later shot on the sidewalk. could be a robbery or drive by, but it seems weird how these putin critics tend to die mysteriously.

and the whole "american meddles in elections too" shit is so bizarre to me. because we do it, we should ignore when people attempt or succeed at doing it to us? cuckery.
America is the biggest threat to world peace on planet Earth. To engage in anti-Russia agitprop and act like we're so innocent is just ridiculous. And they haven't proved the Russians did jackshit; some facebook ads no one saw. Get real

Back