Elections Majority of Democrat- & Republican voters feel that media divides ppl along racial & gender lines

Are you really from Sweden, because that would help me understand your yearning for government censorship.
I find a governing body that the public can hold accountable generally safer than purely profit driven news media that feeds on toxicity yes.

I 100% prefer swedish media to CNN and FOX news.

Something tells me that you don't find it cowardly to put the cause of divisiveness on Trump though.

Perfect example of what I’m talking about. That “something” that you’re feeling is your own desire to draw some tribal distinction into every discussion. In this case erroneously projecting this as some anti or pro trump issue without cause.

Media had nothing to do with that, YOU clearly want the discussion to become that. So media gives people like you what you want. Then you blame them for profiting from your own shortcomings.

Perfect example of what I’m talking about. That “something” that you’re feeling is your own desire to draw some tribal distinction into every discussion. In this case erroneously projecting this as some anti or pro trump issue without cause.

Media had nothing to do with that, YOU clearly want the discussion to become that. So media gives people like you what you want. Then you blame them for profiting from your own shortcomings.

Deflection noted.

Is this where the hacks of sherdog make believe Breitbart, Infowars and alt right forums are more reliable news sources than the NY TIMES and WaPo

Oh wait yes it is

Pretty alarming that the majority of people notice this but continue to tune in.

Someone can only do what you allow them to.

Many people are weak minded, and easily led one way or the other.

We are a country that follows trends, get the people talking, get enough of them doing it, and it will become a thing often accepted as a social norm.

I find the division extremely entertaining. If I could wipe it all away with a single snap of my fingers, would I? Probably, but since I can't....

tenor.gif

You’re own? Where did I bring trump into this? That was your choice not mine. Try owning it.

You want this to be a trump thing sooooooo bad.

You didn't have to. I've seen the disparity in your opinion on this topic, when Trump is the subject.

So in the future, I can assume that when talking about the division Trump is supposedly causing, I can be assured that you'll be blaming the people?

Yeah, I thought not.

You didn't have to. I've seen the disparity in your opinion on this topic, when Trump is the subject.

So in the future, I can assume that when talking about the division Trump is supposedly causing, I can be assured that you'll be blaming the people?

Yeah, I thought not.

Quote me where I ever posted regarding Trump creating this tone of rhetoric or environment. I’ve clearly said in this thread it’s been our doing. Our societies.

I have not agreed with his political choices and I don’t think they help the situation
sometimes but I never said this state of tension was his creation.

Like the media, our political representives aren’t the cause, but a reflection of what we are asking for.

You just have jumped to “trump hater!” instinctively so, so many times that you can’t comprehend any other logic, which is good a example of a person who is obsessively dividing people into this team or that no matter
the discussion. TV didn’t do this to you, nor did Trump. You clearly enjoy it.

Last edited:
I find a governing body that the public can hold accountable generally safer than purely profit driven news media that feeds on toxicity yes.

Their is a need in economics, because monopolies remove choice.

Speech is a social issue. What need is there for government intervention?

Where is the social monopoly the government needs to protect us from?

If anything it appears speech laws are meant to create a social monopoly.

Also, if you wanted to argue government should remove profit motive from the business of news, I would agree.

Capitalism doesn't seem to be a good governing philosophy for news.

Profit motive can't be king, when we are talking about a pillar of democracy. We don't buy S-400 anti-air from Russia because it is cheap, and better then the Patriot systems. That would be stupid in our part, as is letting out mechanism for a informed public being ran by who can monetize their product best.

It's weird to me that people complain about the news media trying to divide us, but then they come on this forum and post a bunch of propaganda and call everyody a variety of generalized political insults.

The media is bad, but a lot of people on this forum are perfect pawns for that stuff. It's just bizarre seeing anybody claim the media is divisive and then post the nonsense they post here.

I think it's time to look in the mirror and hold yourself to a higher standard.

Last edited:
Back