Majority of Republicans now think college is bad

Interesting. I wonder if people going into particular fields like ( law, medicine, and engineering) do it because it's something they'll enjoy, or just do it because they have a "money first attitude."
Count me in the "money first attitude" camp.

I know money can't buy me happiness but it allows me to buy or afford things/trips that would make me happy

Are you fuckin' serious???? You must no know anything about comic books. Todd McFarland's initial and meteoric fame was through his art. He drew for both DC and Marvel in the 80s. He single handedly redesigned Spiderman to be the dynamic character he is today and was the co-creator of his greatest nemesis (Venom). His drawing made him a comic book artist superstar in the 90s (along with Jim Lee and Erik Larsen). He and several other popular artists left Marvel/DC and created Image and he invented Spawn and personally drew the first 20-some issues before handing it over to others.

There are very few comic book artists more famous than Todd McFarland. Just because he doesn't draw anymore doesn't mean he wasn't some guy who could draw. He could definitely draw and was one of the very best...

You didn't get my point, Todd macfarland is who he is not because he is a guy who could draw but because he is a man who could create content and IP.

that isn't inherently isolated to just liberal arts though. There are programs that do not prepare you for your job. As a matter of fact, one could say the best preparation is on the job training for most fields. I am an engineer and I can't tell how many colleagues I have met that have made me wonder how the fuck they passed college and received a degree. The only reason some of these people got jobs are because they are connected to someone within the industry.

The fact of the matter is there is a huge problem with the school system. we don't prepare our kids to better choose their career before college and they end up entering in fields that they think they would enjoy and then maybe end up not liking it...

It is amplified in liberal arts imho.

The great irony. All the posters saying the STEM degrees are the only worthwhile ones (because arts degrees are only obtained by dumb libruls) yet a great proportion of recipients of them are liberals. MAYBE just MAYBE theres a correlation between education and liberal political ideology because the type of people who tend to get that higher level of education also seem less likely to vote for a party that blatantly goes against their interests.
Partisan politics isn't a sign of an educated person.

You didn't get my point, Todd macfarland is who he is not because he is a guy who could draw but because he is a man who could create content and IP.

Lol

That's some fancy back pedaling there. Yeah ok. As if you didn't state that he isn't some guy who can draw when he's clearly one of the best.

What you failed to realize is his artistic background is the foundation in practically everything he's achieved. A creative mind is what is needed to make new content and IP. Read his bio. He was a rock star in the comic book industry and then Spawn catapulted him to general superstardom leading to what he is now. He is who he is because he could draw. If he didn't excel at drawing he would have never been hired by Marvel/DC and become the successful entrepreneur he is today. To ignore his roots which still contributes heavily to his current work is completely asinine...

He also graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in General Studies, with an emphasis in Graphic Design, Fine Arts and Communications before he started working for Marvel/DC.

One of the most successful liberal arts graduates IMO...

Last edited:
Republicans once again letting everyone know they are the Party of the Stupid...

Ironically their members/supporters are too stupid to connect the dots.

:D :D

Especially the horrible debt that comes with it

that isn't inherently isolated to just liberal arts though. There are programs that do not prepare you for your job. As a matter of fact, one could say the best preparation is on the job training for most fields. I am an engineer and I can't tell how many colleagues I have met that have made me wonder how the fuck they passed college and received a degree. The only reason some of these people got jobs are because they are connected to someone within the industry.

The fact of the matter is there is a huge problem with the school system. we don't prepare our kids to better choose their career before college and they end up entering in fields that they think they would enjoy and then maybe end up not liking it...

It is amplified in liberal arts imho.
Lol

That's some fancy back pedaling there. Yeah ok. As if you didn't state that he isn't some guy who can draw when he's clearly one of the best.

What you failed to realize is his artistic background is the foundation in practically everything he's achieved. A creative mind is what is needed to make new content and IP. Read his bio. He was a rock star in the comic book industry and then Spawn catapulted him to general superstardom leading to what he is now. He is who he is because he could draw. If he didn't excel at drawing he would have never been hired by Marvel/DC and become the successful entrepreneur he is today. To ignore his roots which still contributes heavily to his current work is completely asinine...

He also graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in General Studies, with an emphasis in Graphic Design, Fine Arts and Communications before he started working for Marvel/DC.

One of the most successful liberal arts graduates IMO...

I have stated from the beginning that McFarland is who he is because of his ability to create IP. I have also wrote a post about how art school should be treated like a trade school and not some bullshit lib arts learning ground. No backpedalibg here. I have been consistent.

Republicans once again letting everyone know they are the Party of the Stupid...

Ironically their members/supporters are too stupid to connect the dots.

:D :D

This is a typical response of a student of the modern liberal arts system. No actual debating skills, no eloquence, a sense unjustified of arrogance and superiority, quick to throw out lazy slogans and labels such as "stupid" or claim racism/sexism/etc. the modern liberal arts system has created students that act like how southern baptists were portrayed by the media. Ignorant, arrogant, no eloquence, quick to resort to name calling.

This is a typical response of a student of the modern liberal arts system. No actual debating skills, no eloquence, a sense unjustified of arrogance and superiority, quick to throw out lazy slogans and labels such as "stupid" or claim racism/sexism/etc. the modern liberal arts system has created students that act like how southern baptists were portrayed by the media. Ignorant, arrogant, no eloquence, quick to resort to name calling.

What is there to debate? It's a well known fact that republicans hate education. That's why they have such strong contempt for science. It is also a well know fact that on average republican voters have a lower IQ than democrat voters. This has been shown by several independent studies.

There have also been studies showing that Fox News viewers (republicans) are less informed than CNN, MSNBC viewers or even those who do not watch any news.

It's not name calling, it's facts. Deal with it

Those so called studies are biased and politically motivated. They are jerkoff material for the modern liberal arts graduate to perpetuate the false self confidence. This is why the modern progressive is such a dissapointment. If the republican.leadership didnt allow their fringe right element to have so much influnce they would dominate.

But alas both parties allow themselves to be influenced by a bunch of asinine idiots, the modern so called progressives on the left and conservatives on the right.

I went to university and got a 'liberal arts' (history and literature) degree. If I could do it again, I'd take the $20k and put a down payment in a house and I'd be waaaaaaay ahead just from not paying rent all these years.

College is a scam imo unless you take business or engineering. Better to pursue a red seal in a technical school.

Women and liberals will take over if conservatives don't fight for academia, not against it.

This was the one really big thing that Hillary and the Dems got wrong during the campaign. Forging your platform almost entirely on identity politics against white men didn't play with the American people, or at least not well enough to win both the popular and electoral vote.

Only people who have never been to college/lie about going tend to mystify it.

Graduates know its the worlds biggest inside joke but play along for the sake of their resume.

There may be someone who genuinely found college to be a mindblowing transformative educational experience but I've never met them in real life.

Women and liberals will take over if conservatives don't fight for academia, not against it.

This was the one really big thing that Hillary and the Dems got wrong during the campaign. Forging your platform almost entirely on identity politics against white men didn't play with the American people, or at least not well enough to win both the popular and electoral vote.

But they're against the social influence of colleges, not against academia.

The resident college is not the future of academia. Fighting for it would be a poor investment. It would be like the right-wing launching and all out war to take back daytime television.

This is specific repulsion towards the modern campus and its role as a nursing home for 20-something burnouts/bookburning mentality. There is an ongoing "libertarian" (online, open-source) revolution in academia. The number of programs is exploding and some are becoming more prestigious than their on-campus counterparts.

Skill/certification-based curriculum. No clique of radical leftist faculty cornering you about your latest research paper and asking if you "hate _____" and blackmailing you into retraction. No dorm meningitis outbreaks. Only show up for labs/proctoring. Little/no debt.

Last edited:
But they're against the social influence of colleges, not against academia.

The resident college is not the future of academia. Fighting for it would be a poor investment. It would be like the right-wing launching and all out war to take back daytime television.

This is specifical repulsion towards the modern campus and its role as a nursing home for 20-something burnouts/bookburning mentality. There is an ongoing "libertarian" (online, open-source) revolution in academia. The number of programs is exploding and some are becoming more prestigious than their on-campus counterparts.

Skill/certification-based curriculum. No clique of radical leftist faculty cornering you about your latest research paper and asking if you "hate _____" and blackmailing you into retraction. No dorm meningitis outbreaks. Only show up for labs/proctoring. Little/no debt.
And progressives will fight this progress tooth and nail.

Only people who have never been to college/lie about going tend to mystify it.

Graduates know its the worlds biggest inside joke but play along for the sake of their resume.

There may be someone who genuinely found college to be a mindblowing transformative educational experience but I've never met them in real life.

I don't know about you guys but I actually learned some stuff in university and it helped me get internships which helped me get a job afterward.

School is school, just don't study worthless crap like women's studies or ethnomusicology and expect a job later.

I don't know about you guys but I actually learned some stuff in university and it helped me get internships which helped me get a job afterward.

School is school, just don't study worthless crap like women's studies or ethnomusicology and expect a job later.

That is the whole point; kids are encouraged to take bullshit like the courses you mentioned and realize that all they can do is be a barista or a server.

Last edited:
Back