Making a murderer season 2

Oh, you know they're guilty? Please tell me how you've gained this omnipotent power. Avery very might well be guilty but Dassey's case should have been thrown out of court from the beginning. The documentaries aren't so much as whether or not they're guilty but the gross amount of "policework," corruption at the state and local levels,and inconsistencies from both prosecutions. There was no justice there just two people getting railroaded by a broken system.
Look, i’m not wasting time going back and forth on this and I’m not claiming omnipotence. The documentary left out a myriad of details on the case, all to increase viewership. They’re guilty in the same way we all know OJ is guilty. Does that mean all the police work was perfect? No. Is the local justice system perfect? No.

Avery was a piece of shit before all this went down and there’s enough evidence to support him being a murderer. IIRC, Dassey actually confessed more than once, regardless of whether he later changed his story because he realized the true implications. If you didn’t commit or play a part in the murder, then don’t fucking confess to it.

Oh, you know they're guilty? Please tell me how you've gained this omnipotent power. Avery very might well be guilty but Dassey's case should have been thrown out of court from the beginning. The documentaries aren't so much as whether or not they're guilty but the gross amount of "policework," corruption at the state and local levels,and inconsistencies from both prosecutions. There was no justice there just two people getting railroaded by a broken system.

What inconsistencies are there?
Avery called her to the yard. She wasn't seen after. Her car was found on his property with his blood in it.
And Brendan was with him during that time. Those things are not in question and make both of them guilty.

Regardless of whether or not he is guilty, this second season isn't really as interesting as the first. It's sort of hard to care since I know they are still in prison and will likely be there for a very long time. I knew nothing about the Avery's when I watched the first season (and I avoided googling anything during the time that I watched it), so it was a very interesting to see how things unfolded. Not so much now.

Anybody been watching? I knew the original left a lot of stuff out, but this new lawyer of his has already found a bunch of stuff that seems pretty fishy with the original case. I didn’t think this season would really have anything new to add but it’s been good so far. I’m on episode 5.

Overall, how good is it? Or is it just filler to make more money from the popularity of the 1st Season?

Personally, I think Steven Avery did it, and the police planted evidence to assure he'd be convicted to avoid the $30 Million civil lawsuit.

He was in prison for a VERY long time, being falsely convicted for the rape case, but no one leaves prison a better person than when they were in for that long. (Burning the family cat alive and laughing about it).

But Steven Dassey is 100% innocent. That was the misscarage of justice.

Overall, how good is it? Or is it just filler to make more money from the popularity of the 1st Season?

Personally, I think Steven Avery did it, and the police planted evidence to assure he'd be convicted to avoid the $30 Million civil lawsuit.

He was in prison for a VERY long time, being falsely convicted for the rape case, but no one leaves prison a better person than when they were in for that long. (Burning the family cat alive and laughing about it).

But Steven Dassey is 100% innocent. That was the misscarage of justice.
Like I said, I’m only on episode five and I thought there would be nothing new to really add to it but I’ve been really into it so far.

Ya I think I was pretty convinced he did it already, but like you, I think the police planted a lot of eveidence as well, and this new lawyer has found even more stuff suggesting that, and none of it was brought up in the first trial.

Agreed about Brendan too. That kid got fucked over hard and has lost years of his life just so they could get Avery.

i always figured it was his hillbilly cousins that did it

can't match Season 1 but still interesting to see what they've come up with further scientific testings by Steven's defense team.

It sounds like they're back-peddling, so chances are they think he's guilty now.

I don't know enough to form a valid opinion as I've only watched biased stuff like season 1 of MaM, but he's definitely a reprobate one way or another.

Like I said, I’m only on episode five and I thought there would be nothing new to really add to it but I’ve been really into it so far.

Ya I think I was pretty convinced he did it already, but like you, I think the police planted a lot of eveidence as well, and this new lawyer has found even more stuff suggesting that, and none of it was brought up in the first trial.

Agreed about Brendan too. That kid got fucked over hard and has lost years of his life just so they could get Avery.

If they found all this stuff about planted evidence why hasn’t he had a retrial?

Cant remember the first season to well but it did seem like they were out to get him from the start.

What inconsistencies are there?
Avery called her to the yard. She wasn't seen after. Her car was found on his property with his blood in it.
And Brendan was with him during that time. Those things are not in question and make both of them guilty.

Season 2 does a good job of questioning everything about the crime. Why is his blood only in the front of the car and nowhere in the back? Why are her blood spatters completely inconsistent with how they said Avery threw her body in the back of the car? Why was there no trace evidence from the burn ie body fat residue?

In the original trial, they said they killed her in the bedroom but also said they killed her in the garage. Both places had no traces of her DNA or blood so that means Avery is a forensic genius capable of completely cleaning both areas and fooling law enforcement, which he is clearly incapable of.

Also, Dassey's coerced confession should have been thrown out immediately.

Season 2 does a good job of questioning everything about the crime. Why is his blood only in the front of the car and nowhere in the back? Why are her blood spatters completely inconsistent with how they said Avery threw her body in the back of the car? Why was there no trace evidence from the burn ie body fat residue?

In the original trial, they said they killed her in the bedroom but also said they killed her in the garage. Both places had no traces of her DNA or blood so that means Avery is a forensic genius capable of completely cleaning both areas and fooling law enforcement, which he is clearly incapable of.

Also, Dassey's coerced confession should have been thrown out immediately.

Yeah but none of that changes the fact that Avery ordered her to the yard, had her car on his property and his blood found inside the car.
And Dassey was with him at the time. Those are the facts that will always make him guilty.
Doesn't matter how he threw her in the car. Doesn't matter that there was no body fat residue found.
Doesn't matter how good Avery is at cleaning up crimes scenes. The facts still remain.

Dassey's confessions it was not just one. That being said he was still a minor and I am not in favor of handing out harsh punishment to first time minor offenders.
Also interrogating a minor alone like they did should be against the law. But it wasn't at a time.
I mean the kid didn't do himself any favors. He was present at what happened we know that for a fact.
He should have just gone with his confession and taken a deal.

Yeah but none of that changes the fact that Avery ordered her to the yard, had her car on his property and his blood found inside the car.
And Dassey was with him at the time. Those are the facts that will always make him guilty.
Doesn't matter how he threw her in the car. Doesn't matter that there was no body fat residue found.
Doesn't matter how good Avery is at cleaning up crimes scenes. The facts still remain.

Dassey's confessions it was not just one. That being said he was still a minor and I am not in favor of handing out harsh punishment to first time minor offenders.
Also interrogating a minor alone like they did should be against the law. But it wasn't at a time.
I mean the kid didn't do himself any favors. He was present at what happened we know that for a fact.

How do you know he was with him at the time of the crime though? Why couldn't Brendan have been in his house playing video games like he initially claimed? I know the cops didn't go at him really hard, but he's a retarded 16 year old, I feel like they could have gotten him to say whatever they wanted, and he didn't really give them any details that weren't fed to him by the police.

How do you know he was with him at the time of the crime though? Why couldn't Brendan have been in his house playing video games like he initially claimed? I know the cops didn't go at him really hard, but he's a retarded 16 year old, I feel like they could have gotten him to say whatever they wanted, and he didn't really give them any details that weren't fed to him by the police.

Because he told his mom that he went over there. Also, that phone call might not be admissible in court? But its pretty clear he went over there.
You also have to remember that in the movie you only got a very limited view of his interviews. He gave the cops clear details that he could only know if he was involved.

The kid got fucked by the Avery family and their belief that Steve is the cash cow. In the movie, they make Brendan's first lawyer out to be the bad guy.
But that was the only guy on Brendan's side because he knew the evidence was overwhelming and the kid has to take a deal and testify against Steve.
He would be out by now if he had taken the deal.

Also, there is this Subreddit called "Steven is guilty" or something. I haven't checked that in a while but they pretty much countered all the ridiculous things.
I can only recommend that one. I am sure they have plenty to say for the new movie :).

But none of that proves he killed her. What does matter is the blood spatter expert has refuted all of the state's case and all of the blood in the car would never appear that way naturally, the DNA levels are through the roof from the "swabs," there's absolutely no evidence of the woman's DNA or blood in either of the crime scenes and the list goes on and on and on. They're keeping them in prison because the state of Wisconsin would face a lawyer's wet dream of a settlement case for taking a decade of Dassey's life and wrongfully convicting Avery twice and robbing him of over 28 years of his life.

But none of that proves he killed her. What does matter is the blood spatter expert has refuted all of the state's case and all of the blood in the car would never appear that way naturally, the DNA levels are through the roof from the "swabs," there's absolutely no evidence of the woman's DNA or blood in either of the crime scenes and the list goes on and on and on. They're keeping them in prison because the state of Wisconsin would face a lawyer's wet dream of a settlement case for taking a decade of Dassey's life and wrongfully convicting Avery twice and robbing him of over 28 years of his life.

Of course that proves he killed her. I mean if you don't see that then you are too far gone into conspiracy land.
And those are just the most damming facts. There are also all the other things including him lying about her showing up.
I mean why do you think the new lawyer never took on the case before he got famous in the Netflix movie?
Because the evidence against him is so overwhelming that he had to claim a police conspiracy that is not possible.
You have to take a step back and look at the whole picture. And it will become clear to you that he simple guilty.

Last edited:
Overwhelming evidence that isn't even consistent with forensic science, lol. Their whole case against Avery relies on Dassey's bullshit "confession."

There's no motive, a miniscule amount of "evidence" (some of which was based on junk science) and a lot of suspects the police essentially ignored once they had their guy. I'm not one of those fools who thinks the cops did it but I guarantee they planted evidence to make sure the case stuck. They clearly had the means and capability to do so and even motive for one or two of them from the previous false rape conviction case.

If I'm venturing into "conspiracy land," stop blindly following the authorities and the crooked state of Wisconsin. Cops have been planting shit on people for decades and a lot of fucked up things happen in small town America where it's very easy to cover up. It gets even easier to pin something on a poor idiot with a history like Avery.

Justice in America is a joke.

I just finished season two yesterday. I thought it was interesting enough. I think Avery is guilty as fuck but not sure about Brendan. I feel his confession was coerced and being 16 and suffering from learning difficulties he should've had an adult there or a lawyer representing him. I also don't believe he raped her, I just don't think he was capable of such an act unlike Avery.

Zellner is a good lawyer and her team done a great job of uncovering certain things missed by Avery's previous legal team, like the bullet, levels of DNA on the key, a witness seeing the rav 4 etc. I think she may have made a mistake by focusing so much on trying to point the finger at another suspect like Bobby and his step father.

I really felt sorry for Avery's parents and Brendan's mother. Their whole lives have been consumed by this and it will be until they die.

And the woman who punked Avery on dr Phil is a psycho lol

I mean why do you think the new lawyer never took on the case before he got famous in the Netflix movie?
Because she's a post conviction lawyer and wasnt aware of this case until AFTER the two generated a ton of buzz and after that old lady had written to her for help ? Not to split hairs but you realize the difference between a movie and a TV show(documentary series)

Back