Making Fedor The GOAT Lowers The Bar Of Excellence. Why?

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is simple logic, so please keep the Cathy Newman counter arguments to a minimum. If you don't know what a Cathy Newman argument is, I will explain:

Me: If you account for body proportions (p4p), an ant is relatively stronger than a human. For example, an average ant can lift a lot more, in the context of its habitat, compared to a human in the context of his habitat.
Cathy Newman: So, what you are saying is an ant can beat Stipe Miocic and compete in the Arnold Strongman competition and win?
Me: LOL

With that disclaimer out of the way, let me begin. If we assume Fedor is the GOAT of MMA, this means he had the best results in the sport. Logical conclusion. So, what are his results? He was 100% successful 32 times out of 42 fights, for a winning % of 86 (rounded to the nearest whole number).

So, we can conclude that a fighter needs at least an 86% win rate to be comparable with Fedor the GOAT i.e. Gold Standard. From here, we can construct a scale that looks like this: 86% or more wins (GOAT), 85% - 76% (Best), 75% to 66% (Better), 65% to 56% (Good) and 55% to 46% (Average).

But wait a minute, GSP (the clean GOAT by consensus) has a winning percentage of 93%, and a scale based on GSP as the standard looks like this: 93% or more wins (GOAT), 92% to 83% (Best), 82% to 73% (Better), 72% to 63% (Good), and 62% to 53% (Average).

From this descriptive data, it appears that GSP is a higher standard of excellence than Fedor. For example, according to the GSP scale, a fighter must have a winning rate above 52% to be considered average. This seems to make sense.

Caution, Fedor has fought 14 more times than GSP, so it will be better to do inferential statistics to compare Fedor vs GSP's records to see if there is a statistically significant difference. Nobody got time for that. LOL

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

16lab1l.jpg

200.gif

11bt5j9_jpg_medium.gif

20+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Kevin+Randleman_xvid_002.gif

yeah bro...the guy who taps to strikes and can't even finish a pretty much locked on submission, is GOAT....LMFAO.

Is it me or have the number of Fedor threads went through the roof in the last 3 months?

This is simple logic, so please keep the Cathy Newman counter arguments to a minimum. If you don't know what a Cathy Newman argument is, I will explain:

Me: If you account for body proportions (p4p), an ant is relatively stronger than a human. For example, an average ant can lift a lot more, in the context of its habitat, compared to a human in the context of his habitat.
Cathy Newman: So, what you are saying is an ant can beat Stipe Miocic and compete in the Arnold Strongman competition and win?

With that disclaimer out of the way, let me begin. If we assume Fedor is the GOAT of MMA, this means he had the best results in the sport. Logical conclusion. So, what are his results? He was 100% successful 32 times out of 42 fights, for a winning % of 86 (rounded to the nearest whole number).

So, we can conclude that a fighter needs at least an 86% win rate to be comparable with Fedor the GOAT i.e. Gold Standard. From here, we can construct a scale that looks like this: 86% or more wins (GOAT), 85% - 76% (Best), 75% to 66% (Better), 65% to 56% (Good) and 55% to 46% (Average).

But wait a minute, GSP (the clean GOAT by consensus) has a winning percentage of 93%, and a scale based on GSP as the standard looks like this: 93% or more wins (GOAT), 92% to 83% (Best), 82% to 73% (Better), 72% to 63% (Good), and 62% to 53% (Average).

From this descriptive data, it appears that GSP is a higher standard of excellence than Fedor. For example, according to the GSP scale, a fighter must have a winning rate above 52% to be considered average. This seems to make sense.

Caution, Fedor has fought 14 more times than GSP, so it will be better to do inferential statistics to compare Fedor vs GSP's records to see if there is a statistically significant difference. Nobody got time for that. LOL

To long, did not read.

TLDR - some fighters have higher win rates so they may indeed be better

Jones is GOAT, more finishes, undefeated(never tapped to strikes by a LW), better resume(DC 2X, Gus, Glover, TRT 205lbs Vitor), youngest ever to become UFC champ, is actually an entertaining fighter etc

Lol all that writing and it just ended up being another thread begging people to see GSP as a GOAT.

"Clean" GOAT lol
xCTrP0G.png

Problem is, GOATS dont tap to strikes. Also GOATs destroy their opponents and finish fights.

GSP went over a decade without being able to finish a single fighter in his weight class.

Sorry but Silva, Fedor, Jones GOATs.

Last edited:
You cannot argue with fedor fans.if you make a rational argument then they would either ignored it and continue writing bullshit response or they will just call you casual/hater

I dont understand how some dont understand fighter prime. Or notice visible decline in Fedors skills around when affliction started. He lost out of his prime, stick around long enough and eventually you lose

TS, how much time do you spend thinking about Fedor? Every time I turn around you're cobbling together some new (but always craptacular) argument that Fedor sucks.

Which is a problem because Fedor is, like, Fedor.

Nobody ever buys this shit except casuals who don't know shit, and morons who can't know shit, and crazies who will never know better. I assume you are the latter. Or that Fedor once fucked your sister and slapped you around a bit. In which case you should call yourself blessed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Best part is these silly fucks opening threads about a fighter that was in his prime 10+years ago, explaining why he is irrelevant and not-good LOL

latest

So that means the goat is someone who is 1-0 winning all of his fights.

Jones would obviously be GOAT but he's popped like 12 times. GSP is just lame so I don't consider him.

Prime Fedor ducked GSP

Fedor was in his prime before he start losing....
Lmao

Nope.. it's not the W or L it's the way he performs.. and that to me and many others is the last time he was operating at anything close to his best.

<Fedor23>

Back