Making Fedor The GOAT Lowers The Bar Of Excellence. Why?

Prime Fedor ducked GSP

No, he actually agreed to take a pic with him and even accepted his loyalty oath

GSPFedorGOAT.gif

No, he actually agreed to take a pic with him and even accepted his loyalty oath

GSPFedorGOAT.gif

Omg wtf lost all respect for gsp now

So, following your formula TS, Jon Jones has a 95.8% win rate (which really is a 100%) with a 69% finish rate compared to GSP's 53%.
As far as the finish ratio goes, Fedor tops both with 75%.

Best part is these silly fucks opening threads about a fighter that was in his prime 10+years ago, explaining why he is irrelevant and not-good LOL

latest

Fedor one of the greats for sure but how you going be in you’re prime then one fight later in a steep decline? It’s like he’s amazing after the Rodgers fight then he’s old after losing to Bigfoot. That’s the weak shit I hate. It makes it seem like as soon as he was out of an org that encouraged steroid use he started losing. That and his brother looks like a comic book villain now.

Lol all that writing and it just ended up being another thread begging people to see GSP as a GOAT.

"Clean" GOAT lol
View attachment 356181

Problem is, GOATS dont tap to strikes. Also GOATs destroy their opponents and finish fights.

GSP went over a decade without being able to finish a single fighter in his weight class.

Sorry but Silva, Fedor, Jones GOATs.
Your name is ironic when you read your posts.
1517616213485.gif

There's no real argument against fedor as the goat. He's a LHW who fought at HW his entire career and went anything like 32-0.

He was the #1 fighter for like 10 years. During that time, nobody really questioned his goat status. Now after his prime every hw is 2 wins from surpassing him in Sherdoggers eyes.

I always assume most of you are teenagers that are kinda dorky and not that popular in school... or smart

Fedor one of the greats for sure but how you going be in you’re prime then one fight later in a steep decline? It’s like he’s amazing after the Rodgers fight then he’s old after losing to Bigfoot. That’s the weak shit I hate. It makes it seem like as soon as he was out of an org that encouraged steroid use he started losing. That and his brother looks like a comic book villain now.

People were taking about him slowing down well before the werdum fight.

And pretty much every fighter hits a wall at the end of their career and start losing a lot

Fedor got a lot of crap for the Rodgers fight... he lost his spot on top of the p4p rankings, people said he looked fat and stood and brawled like a bar fighter

This is simple logic, so please keep the Cathy Newman counter arguments to a minimum. If you don't know what a Cathy Newman argument is, I will explain:

Me: If you account for body proportions (p4p), an ant is relatively stronger than a human. For example, an average ant can lift a lot more, in the context of its habitat, compared to a human in the context of his habitat.
Cathy Newman: So, what you are saying is an ant can beat Stipe Miocic and compete in the Arnold Strongman competition and win?
Me: LOL

With that disclaimer out of the way, let me begin. If we assume Fedor is the GOAT of MMA, this means he had the best results in the sport. Logical conclusion. So, what are his results? He was 100% successful 32 times out of 42 fights, for a winning % of 86 (rounded to the nearest whole number).

So, we can conclude that a fighter needs at least an 86% win rate to be comparable with Fedor the GOAT i.e. Gold Standard. From here, we can construct a scale that looks like this: 86% or more wins (GOAT), 85% - 76% (Best), 75% to 66% (Better), 65% to 56% (Good) and 55% to 46% (Average).

But wait a minute, GSP (the clean GOAT by consensus) has a winning percentage of 93%, and a scale based on GSP as the standard looks like this: 93% or more wins (GOAT), 92% to 83% (Best), 82% to 73% (Better), 72% to 63% (Good), and 62% to 53% (Average).

From this descriptive data, it appears that GSP is a higher standard of excellence than Fedor. For example, according to the GSP scale, a fighter must have a winning rate above 52% to be considered average. This seems to make sense.

Caution, Fedor has fought 14 more times than GSP, so it will be better to do inferential statistics to compare Fedor vs GSP's records to see if there is a statistically significant difference. Nobody got time for that. LOL
Fedor fougbt 25 Times in his prime ( and 7 before that) and didn’t lose once. 100% your logic is flawed

Jones is GOAT, more finishes, undefeated(never tapped to strikes by a LW), better resume(DC 2X, Gus, Glover, TRT 205lbs Vitor), youngest ever to become UFC champ, is actually an entertaining fighter etc
Juiceheads aren't in GOAT contention.

Let’s get Fedor over from the minor leagues. I’m sure Stipe would crush him.

He’s not even the GOAT HW. Let alone GOAT.

Oh wait... He has never left the minors for a reason. He has way too many losses to ever be considered the best ever.

He’d rather be in a HW tourney with a bunch of LHW instead of fighting the best HW on the planet.

I have nothing personal against the guy. But, those are facts.

There’s no difference between Fedor fans, and Conor fans. You’re both out to lunch. Why fight the top mma fighters in the world when huggers are content to watch you fight second tier competition. All the while screaming how great they are.

How the fuck does MM have so many haters. Isn’t that what he’s accused of everyday ?

e6692e2d767e819e7a8f65b90ec7c48d.jpg

Prime Fedor got ktfo by a guy that’s 20 pounds lighter than him and was in his 40

Fedor had about 16lbs of belly fat on Henderson. If you watched the fight you'd see there wasn't as much of a size difference. GSP is a lot bigger than Serra than Fedor is Henderson.

Trying to discredit Fedor by saying Henderson was in his 40's is also dumb because that was literally the peak of Henderson's career. Serra was basically retired and then he beat Shonie Carter and got a title shot.

Jones is GOAT, more finishes, undefeated(never tapped to strikes by a LW), better resume(DC 2X, Gus, Glover, TRT 205lbs Vitor), youngest ever to become UFC champ, is actually an entertaining fighter etc
Jones hasn't finished a fight in his division since 2011 so please stfu. And lol at saying he beat DC twice. Move along noob. You don't belong here,.

Let’s get Fedor over from the minor leagues. I’m sure Stipe would crush him.

He’s not even the GOAT HW. Let alone GOAT.

Oh wait... He has never left the minors for a reason. He has way too many losses to ever be considered the best ever.

He’d rather be in a HW tourney with a bunch of LHW instead of fighting the best HW on the planet.

I have nothing personal against the guy. But, those are facts.

There’s no difference between Fedor fans, and Conor fans. You’re both out to lunch. Why fight the top mma fighters in the world when huggers are content to watch you fight second tier competition. All the while screaming how great they are.

How the fuck does MM have so many haters. Isn’t that what he’s accused of everyday ?

PRIDE was the major leagues when Fedor was champ. UFC was minor leagues. Learn MMA history please.

Back