Making Fedor The GOAT Lowers The Bar Of Excellence. Why?

You don't need a lot of stats if you'd have actually followed his career.

Nogueira was considered unbeatable when Fedor took it to him.

Fedor stood in front of Cro Cop when he was the most feared fighter in the business.

He was an active fighter and went years without a loss.

This is simple logic, so please keep the Cathy Newman counter arguments to a minimum. If you don't know what a Cathy Newman argument is, I will explain:

Me: If you account for body proportions (p4p), an ant is relatively stronger than a human. For example, an average ant can lift a lot more, in the context of its habitat, compared to a human in the context of his habitat.
Cathy Newman: So, what you are saying is an ant can beat Stipe Miocic and compete in the Arnold Strongman competition and win?
Me: LOL

With that disclaimer out of the way, let me begin. If we assume Fedor is the GOAT of MMA, this means he had the best results in the sport. Logical conclusion. So, what are his results? He was 100% successful 32 times out of 42 fights, for a winning % of 86 (rounded to the nearest whole number).

So, we can conclude that a fighter needs at least an 86% win rate to be comparable with Fedor the GOAT i.e. Gold Standard. From here, we can construct a scale that looks like this: 86% or more wins (GOAT), 85% - 76% (Best), 75% to 66% (Better), 65% to 56% (Good) and 55% to 46% (Average).
I think you are confusing logic with your train of thinking.
But wait a minute, GSP (the clean GOAT by consensus) has a winning percentage of 93%, and a scale based on GSP as the standard looks like this: 93% or more wins (GOAT), 92% to 83% (Best), 82% to 73% (Better), 72% to 63% (Good), and 62% to 53% (Average).

From this descriptive data, it appears that GSP is a higher standard of excellence than Fedor. For example, according to the GSP scale, a fighter must have a winning rate above 52% to be considered average. This seems to make sense.

Caution, Fedor has fought 14 more times than GSP, so it will be better to do inferential statistics to compare Fedor vs GSP's records to see if there is a statistically significant difference. Nobody got time for that. LOL

I think you are confusing logic with your thoughts.

GOAT contenders are Fedor, Anderson, GSP and Jones.

Fedor = Pride FC Champion x1, WAMMA Champion x1, 9 years undefeated (TK loss doesn't count) Beat 4 K1 champs and 2 Olympic medalist grapplers. Undersized for division.

Anderson = UFC Middleweight champion (longest reigning) 16 fight win streak in UFC (longest ever) Undefeated at LHW. Failed PED test.

GSP = UFC WW + MW Champion, longest reigning WW champion, knocked out by LW grappler in his prime, ducked Anderson for years, Vacated MW belt due to being a..............................

Jones = Longest reigning LHW champion, undefeated (Hamil loss doesn't count) Failed PED tests.

If you allow PEDs it goes Jones by a mile then Fedor then Anderson then GSP.
If you don't allow them it goes Fedor then GSP.

GSP is a phenomenal fighter but his unwillingness or inability to finish opponents he clearly outclassed is why I don't rate him as highly as the others. Fedor in his prime tore through everyone put in front of him and was willing to fight opponents where they were the strongest ie Crocop standing or fighting Nog from his guard, GSP never took risks like that.

Jones hasn't finished a fight in his division since 2011 so please stfu. UIAnd lol at saying he beat DC twice. Move along noob. You don't belong here,.
What are you talking about, everybody saw Jon Jones finish Olympian DC with a high left kick and then a barrage of hellbows. Gonna lol when he comes back to reclaim his belt AND then beats the HW champ, keep hating

What are you talking about, everybody saw Jon Jones finish Olympian DC with a high left kick and then a barrage of hellbows. Gonna lol when he comes back to reclaim his belt AND then beats the HW champ, keep hating
Jones never finished DC in a UFC fight. It was a NC. There are rules. If someone threw a baseball bat in there to DC and DC knocked Jones out, it wouldn't count because there are rules. It would be retarded to go around saying the 'yeah man DC knocked Jones out cold, what a beast'. How about allowing DC to get juiced up and let him fight a clean Jones? Hmm... wonder who's going to have the advantage in that fight.

Fedor one of the greats for sure but how you going be in you’re prime then one fight later in a steep decline?

This has been explained and ignored many times lol

He fought and won multiple times while on decline before face the first loss, either because he was so good that even his declined-self was still good enough or his opponents were'nt that good (Rogers, Sylvia, Arlovski) or a combination of both

Keep getting Ws does'nt mean keep be on your prime, it's about the performance, not the result

Go watch FvGoodrige and FvRogers, he got the "W" in both, try tell me he performed the same

Back