Making yourself throw up at the end of your cheat day

S

smithnwssn

I didn't really know how to word the thread title but it's a start.

I've never made myself throw up before but I've been thinking about it. I will need to get some advice before I carry through with this to know that I'm doing the right thing.

First of all, I don't have a cheat day. I 'fall off the wagon' once or twice a week which means late at night I'll eat a bunch of bad food because I get such a craving for it. As I said, this happens several times a month. I realize that most people will say you get one cheat day a week which you can have whatever you want. I don't want that, I want to eat healthy all the time which means I don't look forward to a cheat day. I just hits me late at night once in a while and I splurge.

My question is, what if I made myself throw up 3 times a month at the end of the night on my 6 to 7 'cheat days'? Maybe as soon as I throw up and fall asleep(which is what happens, not throwing up but falling asleep right after I eat all that crap) I can replace half of what I ate with whey protein. They say when you make yourself throw up after eating, you only take half the calories away. So in my case would it be good to do this replacing half of the bad food I ate with whey protein right before I fell asleep? With a lot of water obviously.

Ummm troll?

First of all, sack up and get some fucking discipline. You craving shit food is a weakness, better yourself but not eating that. Go to a healthier altnernative that tastes good. Hard boiled eggs with avocado and hot sauce is one for me.

Secondly, making yourself throwup dehydrates you and throws up stomach acid. Do you think thats good for you? It can fuck up your esophagus, mouth, teeth, cause acid reflux and ulcers.

Get some discipline.

This is a terrible idea, you should find if you stick to something properly for a month or so cravings seem to stop and you have much more control. Once you reach this point you can eat the odd cheat meal or even have a day off with little effect, as long as you get back on track the following day or meal and don't let it throw you off completely. You might gain a couple of lbs water weight for a day or two, it's nothing.

To plan a diet around this is stupid and does seem like a troll

There's a term for that, that process of binging and purging.

Bulimia nervosa.

It's a psychological disorder that has the potential to do even more long term damage to the body than Anorexia nervosa.

If you're considering this as a rational strategy I strongly recommend you seek professional counselling with a licensed mental health practitioner.

The fact that even part of your brain thinks this might be a good idea strongly suggests you may already have a body image disorder even if you haven't transitioned into Bulimia yet.

Your training and your nutrition should be about strengthening your body not punishing it.

Ummm troll?

I hope, but just in case he's real or someone else reads this one day and gets help it's worth explaining that TS is asking if it's ok to be Bulimic. It isn't. It's really fucking horrible.

Last edited:
If your having night time cravings just buy some bulk non salted almonds and keep them in a jar. A small handful before bed should help control that urge.

Binging is disordered eating. It's a bad idea to replace that disordered eating with even more disordered eating like binging and purging. For now, if ur gonna binge try controlling how much u eat. It will be difficult at first, but keep practicing this skill.

It might be helpful to figure out ur triggers by studying what happens before you binge. From there, you can develop strategies to reduce these events. For example, if ur always hungry late ate night, maybe try drinking a casein shake then or psyllium husk caps with lots of water. Also, look at what happened the day leading up to your night-time binge. Was life particularly stressful that day or did u push urself too hard by eating too little? Knowing this things can be helpful too as managing those issues will lead to greater diet compliance in the future.

Finally, dieting is a constant learning process; there are no magic bullets or quick fixes. So don't be too anxious to make everything perfect all at once. Just try to move in the right direction little by little despite the setbacks ur experiencing.

Honestly I feel this guy's pain. I get such an uncontrollable urge to snack sometimes that I'd swear I have some kind of eating disorder.

It's literally a euphoria as I cave in to the urge, then I hate myself an hour later.

Rinse and repeat

I had a binging problem years back, and it was the result of trying to go clean, and too deep of a deficit. Ease slowly into it, the diet might not be perfect because you have junk food in it, but as long as you hit your caloric intake with decent macro-nutrient partitioning, you'll reach your goal.

There's no point of going on the perfect diet, only to crave and binge like an addict. Ease slowly into things, its a marathon, not a sprint.

These days I'm eating cleaner and fine with it because I've built up tolerance for it, and its fine.

Honestly I feel this guy's pain. I get such an uncontrollable urge to snack sometimes that I'd swear I have some kind of eating disorder.

It's literally a euphoria as I cave in to the urge, then I hate myself an hour later.

Rinse and repeat

That sort of uncontrollable urge sounds like it could be related to a blood sugar low. What's your regular diet like? Too much sugar but also not enough starchy carbohydrate can mess with blood sugar and create those intense "need for food" feelings. I upped my starch intake, made sure to have a solid 15g or so of fat with each meal, and now never feel like that anymore. No urgent cravings.

That sort of uncontrollable urge sounds like it could be related to a blood sugar low. What's your regular diet like? Too much sugar but also not enough starchy carbohydrate can mess with blood sugar and create those intense "need for food" feelings. I upped my starch intake, made sure to have a solid 15g or so of fat with each meal, and now never feel like that anymore. No urgent cravings.

You may be right. I tend to go "all in" with my diet for a few days, then the inevitable binge occurs.

Additionally, I think there's a psychological aspect of it for me, too. My entire life I've always had snacks and played videogames at night, so I think it's a conditioned thing for me that I feel the need to eat garbage around that time. Not sure what to do about that, other than man up and be disciplined.

You may be right. I tend to go "all in" with my diet for a few days, then the inevitable binge occurs.

Additionally, I think there's a psychological aspect of it for me, too. My entire life I've always had snacks and played videogames at night, so I think it's a conditioned thing for me that I feel the need to eat garbage around that time. Not sure what to do about that, other than man up and be disciplined.

Yeah, dieting too hard will burn you like that. I've had much better results on a moderate deficit for a longer time, partly because I can still train well. I'd rather eat enough to work off fat than starve it off... which always comes with a loss of muscle, at least for me.

I'm a gamer too and it's funny because I actually use gaming to AVOID food at night. I used to have a nighttime snack habit, but basically now I just cordon off video game time as non-food time. Same with TV and internet browsing. I just don't do those things while I eat. I get enough of a reward from the game itself.

Yes hypoglyemic events can trigger those sorts of urges. But it's best to stabilize that as you've noticed by eating real food (vegetables and meat and some fiber and starch) instead of spiking it sugar.

I've literally seen diabetics say "I'm really hypoglyemic I'm going to starbucks"

"Don't get a sugar drink get a sandwich"

"LOL I got this sugar and caffeine bomb with extra sugar, caramel, and whipped cream"

Two hours later

"God I feel terrible, my blood sugar is so high"

Don't yoyo, don't let yourself binge on sugar and carbs. Eat real food 2-3 times in a day in sufficient portions to keep you going strong.

If you have an irrational screaming craving, eat something with protein fat and fiber not something that is primarily sugar/starch.

It's not that you can't do starches, but put them in context.

Rice with beans and greens is not so bad.

Donuts though........... no.

Back