Malaysian military ready to roll out to Jerusalem, Def Minister says

Sounds like sabre rattling to me. Probably virtue signaling more for the domestic audience with elections in mind than any serious foreign policy.
Spot on. They won’t even leave their territorial waters.

They'll learn to mind their own business real quick when China slaps them around South China Sea with Israeli weapons technology.

Only the chosen people's nation can arm China to stand against US policy in the South China Sea. What a great ally.

But overall I'd say Islam is used more as a crutch to keep Malays in power politically and to discriminate against ethnic minorities than as an earnest expression of faith.

Hmm sounds like another certain country I know of that rhymes with schmunited schmstates schmof schmamerica.

Israel respects the hands of the Malaysian military.

Apparently a number of Malaysians where also dissapointed with what Malaysian Defense minister HisHimmuddin.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...-blasts-hisham-over-troops-to-jerusalem-call/

“The international conflict in Jerusalem is a political issue. It is best left to diplomacy to sort out this historical mess. If diplomacy fails, the next course of action can be international condemnation.

“Blindly making a declaration to commit our troops is unwise,” he said.

Malaysia has more important business, like destroying half of its mainland + Borneo with its palm oil industry

Call up the Judean Peoples Front elite suicide squad to oppose the Malaysian menace .

not a single person alive is concerned w/ Malaysia's military forces

not one

I used to date a Malaysian ambassador's daughter in college. It has nothing to do with the military or Jerusalem.

Malaysian politics have been identity politics since it's independence, but the emphasis on Islamic identity has increased recently.
Even so, I'd say most Malaysians are very cynical about it. It's not like PAS is capturing seats outside of Kelantan and Terengganu, and support in Kelantan is waning.
Even in the "Quran Belt" economic issues eventually outweigh identity politics.
You appear to be consistently well informed on regional political dynamics in Asia. What sources do you consistently read to find that reporting? I don't see a lot of that kind of stuff in my usual pool.

maybe this cat is watching CaspianReport YT vids or something...

he does stay up on that region

I have international sex appeal. It's why I'm so good at foreign policy.... I understand the ins and outs of different cultures (double entendre, don't ask me how). <JonesLaugh>

alright, no more from me or I'll have to warn myself.

You appear to be consistently well informed on regional political dynamics in Asia. What sources do you consistently read to find that reporting? I don't see a lot of that kind of stuff in my usual pool.

If I am not mistaken he used to live in the Malay region mainly Indonesia and Malaysia oh and he is a secret Muslim mod!

Malaysia has a military?

hopefully they're more high speed than the Mongolians I served w/ in Kabul hahaha

it was odd, those cats loved basketball but only played jungleball rules
Let me guess, their service rifle was an AK?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back