Malignaggi vs Broner June 22nd

Stephen Espinoza ‏@StephenEspinoza

Irrelevant. 1.3M is only subscribers. "@AtchaShamrock: might want to take into account it was a free preview weekend of Showtime on DirecTV"

Stephen Espinoza Stephen Espinoza ‏@StephenEspinoza

1.3M doesn't include "free" viewers @GabeJGonzalez: Broner-Malignaggi does 1.3M views...Keep in mind Showtime was free last weekend."

Peak numbers.
Impressive debut, a star is born.
I guess there's no reason for Broner to change his schtick.

the "effective" part of "clean and effective" says to me that power should mean something.

It does. But I don't think its right waiting for a guy to land a big shot so you can give him the round. Judges are supposed to judge the entire round. Not just the seconds where the power punches land.

It does. But I don't think its right waiting for a guy to land a big shot so you can give him the round. Judges are supposed to judge the entire round. Not just the seconds where the power punches land.

understood, and I don't think that either one of us is really right or wrong in the grand scheme of things based on this (you're wrong though). It's a tough round to call when a stick and move type guy does the lion's share of the work for two minutes but then gets hit hard, several times in the late going of the round (or vice versa), at least imo. I don't think it's as simple as we favor either the boxer or the puncher in every single instance, sometimes both guys are trying to play the same role and shit..

Philosophically (yeah I used that word and spelled it correctly) it's a matter of subjectivity and I will work on making that thread where we score a competitive rd based on similar types of situations. Think we'll see a lot of debate there based on how people judge competitive rds.

"I personally think that now that Mayweather and Canelo are done, and that Garcia and Matthysse is done, I think that Broner against Maidana would be the next biggest fight that you can make in the sport," said Schaefer.

"Winning is important, but winning is not everything, it's about entertainment, and I can tell you that a potential Broner-Maidana fight would be as entertaining as any fight that I can think of."

"I said after Adrien's becoming the welterweight world champion that this [Maidana] is a fight which, as a fight fan, I would like to see. Adrien took it actually a step further and challenged his fans to pick his next opponent, and there were some polls out there, I think I saw it on THE RING, as to who fans would want to see Adrien fight next," said Schaefer of Broner, who, like Mayweather, is advised by Al Haymon.

"I think that the runaway favorite fighter that fans would like to see Adrien fight was Marcos Maidana. So that's going to be a fight which I will be discussing with Team Broner and with Al Haymon and Team Maidana, and with Showtime, to see if this is something which we can pull off. This would be a huge, huge, huge fight. So I'll be working on it and see if it's a fight that can happen."

Maidana certainly has made it public his desire to face Broner, to the point of having gone after the younger man on his Twitter account.

"Has anyone heard from Adrien Broner(?)" wrote Maidana, later referencing Broner's amateur rapper status and his recent tour with the artist Lil Wayne. "Let's get this straight with Broner. If he doesn't wanna fight me, he quits the WBA title and I'll take care of him by buying his rap record."

Broner retaliated with his own tweets, writing, in part, "A lot of people talking s--t, but what happen when I f--k this Argentine mf up den what?"

Broner's trainer, Mike Stafford, informed RingTV.com during an earlier interview, "I would love to fight Maidana. I would love to."

"Maidana's the mandatory, so he won't have to look for Adrien," said Stafford, on Tuesday. "He ain't hard to find. We'll be right there in the ring. We don't hide from nobody."

"The question is going to be whether Adrien is going to stay at 147, because he still is the 135-pound champion. He's sort of leap-frogged over the 140 division. The question is does he want to go to 140 and maybe win a belt there, then go back to 147," said Schaefer.

"These are all conversations that we need to have. But I think that the key is going to be that Adrien Broner is the kind of fighter who doesn't care. He'll fight anybody. So is Maidana. He'll fight anybody.Broner-Maidana is I think one of the biggest fights you can make in the sport."

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/...next-after-mayweather-canelo-garcia-matthysse

Not surprising, only other logical choice would be Thurman-Chaves winner, but that is going to brutal, either guy might not be ready by the end of the year.

So what's the thing about Broner's latest video or whatever? People were freaking out about him doing something but I can't find any video or anything...

On July 11, Broner posted this on Twitter:

I don't care bout being dead or in jail!!!
2:02 PM - 11 Jul 2013
I'm bout to play Russia roulette with a fully loaded pistol maybe all my problems will go away!!!
2:49 PM - 11 Jul 2013

Two days later, he posted this on YouTube:

Broner ends up in jail sometime in the next 5 years. He's the sort of guy who will be involved in a stabbing at a night club or something similar.

This young man makes Tyson Fury sound like Leonardo da Vinci.

Spot on.

I hate to say it but I might not be the youngest fellow around here.

So what's the thing about Broner's latest video or whatever? People were freaking out about him doing something but I can't find any video or anything...

On July 11, Broner posted this on Twitter:

I don't care bout being dead or in jail!!!
2:02 PM - 11 Jul 2013
I'm bout to play Russia roulette with a fully loaded pistol maybe all my problems will go away!!!
2:49 PM - 11 Jul 2013

Two days later, he posted this on YouTube:

There's also another vid of him throwing money into a crowd of women telling them to take their tits out.

Adrien Broner ‏@AdrienBroner

"And when I'm done when this bitch @ChinoMaidana I'm go fuck matthysse up #easyMONEY"

Adrien Broner ‏@AdrienBroner

"And when I'm done when this bitch @ChinoMaidana I'm go fuck matthysse up #easyMONEY"

Broner lost me after the Malignaggi fight was over. Squash your BS after the fight and move on. He went to far.

Would love to see what Maidana could do to him. 50-50 fight IMO. Broner is way easier to hit then he should be.

Definitely would like to see Maidana vs Broner, I'd favor Maidana

Broner lost me after the Malignaggi fight was over. Squash your BS after the fight and move on. He went to far.

Would love to see what Maidana could do to him. 50-50 fight IMO. Broner is way easier to hit then he should be.

Im with you 100%

This clown is trying very hard, I mean Mayweather is a natural entertainer and knows how to get under people's skin without looking like a fool, but Broner I genuinely dislike I wouldn't watch a 24/7 type show with him on it, he's seriously that dull, boring and stupid

yknow i like watching broner fight but if he gets in there with maidana id pull for maidana all the way

Broner lost me when we saw the condition he was allowing his mother to live in, despite all his "Money May-esque" antics. Mayweather does some ridiculous stuff, with the throwing money at the camera, pulling huge bank roles out of his pocket, etc. but you get the feeling he takes care of his loved ones so I got to at least give him that.

I've always been one to ignore the out of ring crap and just respect the skill, but Broner seems like scum. And all that shit about him rolling people for there gear in the street is bull. Boxer or not he would get shot trying to pull the crap he described as often as he did.

I agree. He has no respect and comes off as a jackass.

Back