Man!! Blessed would absolutely SLAUGHTER McGregor in a rematch

I think Conor went easy with Max first time. Conor was just playing around testing new technics. Still took few years out of Max's life.

It would be a non title bout at Lightweight...

I understand the UFC wants to cash in on McGregor every chance they have but him having high profile fight after high profile fight just irritates the shit out of me. The guy wins the 145 belt, refuses to defend. Wins the 155 belt, refuses to defend, loses to MayWeather, loses to Nate, loses to Khabib, and here we are talking about what high profile fight he gets next. I wish I was the richest man in the world so I could have bought the UFC just to fire McGregor.

Why do we have to compare fighters to McGregor everytime a FW, LW, or WW (Sometimes even Bantamweight) gets a big win?

cause they are obsessed with Conor losing...to date only pointing to a bad match, a potential GOAT wrestling juggernaut, and a GOAT boxer to make their point.

LOL. Connor OWNED holloway and now you think holloway will win cause he has gotten better? Guess what so has Connor. You can say what you want about Connor losing to Habibi but Habibi would also do that to holloway as well or worse. I would like to see Connor fight pillow fisted holloway again to see him be humbled AGAIN!!

Its like night and day how much better Max is now compared to when he was 21 and fought McGregor. I think he absolutely KILLS McGregor at this point.

All striking. Conor does not have to worry about the TD at all.. He lives for that.. And before you bring up Diaz, I think Nate knocks out Max.. Max would stand and trade with Nate. Never a good idea with a Diaz..

Just based on Holloway's pace and cardio alone, McGregor would drown. He would be dragged into deep water and beat the fuck up.

I think Conor went easy with Max first time. Conor was just playing around testing new technics. Still took few years out of Max's life.

One thing to keep in mind that Holloway stans forget is at that time.....Max 21, Conor 25, Holloway had nothing for him. McG was sooo comfortable that the hypothetical really should be 2013 or 2014 Conor vs current Max. If we are to believe that Conor was always better than Jose Aldo post-UFC career, as many Sherdoggers do, what does that make the relative ability between Conor and Max?

Yes current 27 yr old Max Holloway is leaps and bounds better than 21 year old Max, but at that time Conor was leaps and bounds better than Max....so this qualitative argument isn't really doing much for me here.

Same story as always Conor has 2 rounds to finish or he's fucked. He'll have a lot opportunities though, Max is crazy, but he's not KO'ing the Islander in 2. Never bet on KO fighters with no gas tank. Ever. Max over rich, drunken Conor with no friends on the come down all day.

I think Conor needs a money fight and get back to winning. Diaz

Conor couldn't finish Max in a 3 rounder when Max was a kid.

Max seems to have evolved much more than Conor.

I think 2018 Max would end Conor's career in a 5 round fight, but Conor would deserve props for taking that fight and going out on his shield.

Riiight.

If Conor ever takes this fight he gets nothing but respect. I think he gets beat into a living death though.

You that confident Max’s chin is going to stand up with a striking war against the Irishman. I don’t know? Again no grappling of any kind. Motherfucker hits hard.

Just based on Holloway's pace and cardio alone, McGregor would drown. He would be dragged into deep water and beat the fuck up.

Or Max gets knocked out in the first round. You take away the takedown threat and Conor can free-flow with his arsenal of strikes. Eddie Got hurt badly and put away easily. Aldo one punch good night.

Let’s book it. Conor Now he is in a position where people think he is going to lose to everyone. Again you take that grappling out of the equation and it’s a completely different scenario in there.

Or Max gets knocked out in the first round. You take away the takedown threat and Conor can free-flow with his arsenal of strikes. Eddie Got hurt badly and put away easily. Aldo one punch good night.

Yea, it could happen man, it is a fist fight after all. Thing is, they already fought and McGregor didn't knock out a green and very young Max Holloway. People will argue that McGregor has improved too but I didn't see the improvement from McGregor that I've seen from Holloway. Max Holloway is a gdamn savage. Unless something radically different happens he's going to break Anderson Silva's record for longest winning streak in UFC history.

I'll just say this, if McGregor can't knock Holloway out in the first round or two, he's going to gas and get beat the hell up. Holloway gassed out Aldo in less than 2 rounds and I have never seen Aldo gassed out like that early in a fight, the guy has gone 5 rounds plenty of times. Holloway puts on a pace that is inhuman.

I think Conor needs a money fight and get back to winning. Diaz

I wonder how much McGregor's fan base that buys PPV's can withstand the losses. He lost to Nate, Mayweather, then Khabib. If he loses his next fight people are going to be less and less likely to purchase a PPV when he keeps losing. He built his fan base off winning. Another loss to Nate could be devastating.

The old hungry Conor is gone. We have your whiskey drinking weed smoking Conor that would gas out by the 3rd round and get stopped.

He's always drank whiskey, smoked weed, and partied. His cardio was mediocre at its very best. He faces the issues of simply running out of favorable, top tier matchups now. His peers rose up the rankings and got better while he took time off for other ventures. A lot of his favorable matchups now are either low or non ranked or in other orgs.

He's still one of the best strikers in the game, he's still a great fighter, but the easy mode gravy train left the station.
ej6x0CJ.jpg

http://mmajam.com/drug-paraphernalia-found-conor-mcgregors-hotel-room/

Max will beat him like a freckled, red headed Irish stepchild.

Right now I'm convinced McGregor will have to wait till Khabib loses for him to have a shot of getting back the LW title. Having said that, if they made this fight, McGregor becomes the chased man again because of the previous win. Holloway is an exciting fighter that has essentially cleaned out FW.

McGregor never lost the FW belt in a fight so you can easily spin this as a FW title fight taking place at LW. Holloway isn't gonna look to take this fight ground so people know this is gonna be banger and that's gonna sell PPVs. I guarantee they get close to 2 mil.

If McGregor wins, you get him back in the win column having beaten a really great fighter and dominant champion. And if Holloway wins, you got yourself a new, in his prime star to heavily promote. No downside either way.
with all t he crazy tony ferguson comments on youtube right now, I think you can throw Ferguson's name in the mix. Especially since Holloway doesn't wanna give up the PPV points he gets as a 145 champion. He wouldn't get that in a non-title fight against Conor Mcgregor.

Holloway also wants to build his legacy 145. There's nothing mma fans appreciate more than a long winning streak (just ask anderson silva and demetrious johnson)

That doesnt take away the fact of just how good you have to bee to last 10 rounds with him.
For a MMA fighter, that would still be considered very impressive, regardless of his age Mayweather is one of the GOATs and you can't deny that no matter how much excuses you pull off, he has had decades of experience. No other fighter would probably last that long against Mayweather from the FW division u could make an argument of
A lot of 55ers would have made it to the tenth with Floyd on that night. He's an old fighter that couldn't pull the trigger and didn't have knockout power anymore. Five years earlier he'd have cut Connor to pieces in the 4th, but he wasn't that guy anymore.

Back