man chael..

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hes a brown belt now at a top bjj gym and that back take... wtf he lsot this fight trying to be a bjj guy i dont think certain wrestlers need to do this at least against other good grapplers he was fine in hg throwing punches then he mounts and get upa rolled and that was it lol funny fight though tbh

hes a brown belt now at a top bjj gym and that back take... wtf he lsot this fight trying to be a bjj guy i dont think certain wrestlers need to do this at least against other good grapplers he was fine in hg throwing punches then he mounts and get upa rolled and that was it lol funny fight though tbh

his old school guards and telegraphed leg attacks were a bit mystifying as well. longtime chael followers know that he has a deep history of strange choices and give-up moves

what old school guard? he half a weird janky lookin almost deep half att he beggining then at end he was using a knee shield

chaels double is so good he can get away with it like kevin lee chael still took fedor down alot lets not actlike fedor didnt get controlled any but chael kept losing position trying to be a bjj guy that back take shows fedor is a good grappler too i dont think its smart too bjj him he should have stayed in hg or side like he normally does

idk why his coaches dont just force fundamentals down his throat he needs to get a wrestling coach in tbh i think his headcoach now is a brazilian bjj guy and sadly thats not what chael needs u cant get a wrestler whos that set in his ways and change him thats like trying to make ben askrne or jake shields into a k1 striker just cant happen

tbh i wish chale would go to aka but he has never left his city and he never willl id love to see how good he could be trainign with those mma wrestlers im sure they could really help his game

what old school guard? he half a weird janky lookin almost deep half att he beggining then at end he was using a knee shield

chaels double is so good he can get away with it like kevin lee chael still took fedor down alot lets not actlike fedor didnt get controlled any but chael kept losing position trying to be a bjj guy that back take shows fedor is a good grappler too i dont think its smart too bjj him he should have stayed in hg or side like he normally does

idk why his coaches dont just force fundamentals down his throat he needs to get a wrestling coach in tbh i think his headcoach now is a brazilian bjj guy and sadly thats not what chael needs u cant get a wrestler whos that set in his ways and change him thats like trying to make ben askrne or jake shields into a k1 striker just cant happen

tbh i wish chale would go to aka but he has never left his city and he never willl id love to see how good he could be trainign with those mma wrestlers im sure they could really help his game

he was playing a passive open guard the way a lot of old school brazilians did pre-marcelo, as though he expected fedor to engage him in a grappling battle. you said it right, a guy like chael should be mastering how to use bjj to lead him into wrestling reversals from his back, a la jake shields. that sporty back take he attempted had wtf written all over it

mhm i think wrestlers should develop a strong half guard it is sooo easy to get on top by hitting a single from half lucas leite style

but chael said he hates single legs in mma but i saw him drilling it before the fight in the back room lmao

he only has a few more fights left chael never really took his career as serious a she could he def never reached his full potential he never left team quest or gracie barra im sure chael would have been a lot better if hed went to aka or hell randys gym for a little bit he could at least just go the last 4 weeks for his camps only just to get in ready

i just hope that he realizes he lsot this due to trying to be something hes not in being a bjj guy and will go back to his base but still work his bjj obviously to improve and understand positions better

The rolling back take was a silly idea in MMA, he should have just rode him and gnp. But ive seen so many comments like it’s a crazy move that nobody has ever done before, it’s a standard move. It was just poorly executed and a poor decision.

Maybe he has hitting that back take in training? You always, at some point, try what has been working on the mat.

Maybe he has hitting that back take in training? You always, at some point, try what has been working on the mat.

you think he was hitting that spinning back elbow from the second Anderson Silva fight in training? Chael has a long history of questionable, self-defeating decisions like that. I was actually at the IFC tournament back in the day where Chael got triangled by Forest Griffin; it was like he let himself get submitted. I bet his amateur wrestling career had some similar incidents of self-defeat.

If he hit the back take all the same critics would be lauding him. Oh Monday night armchair QBs. It was risky but I admire his balls. Fuck it

Alternately, if he hit it and some people criticised it after anyways, you'd have other people who would say, 'everyone is a critic, he went out there and did a successful move against a heavyweight didn't he?'.

In the end reductive caricatures of ones imagined interlocutors, by one way or another, are not reliable substitutes for an adaptive conversation.

Last edited:
Alternately, if he hit it and some people criticised it after anyways, you'd have other people who would say, 'everyone is a critic, he went out there and did a successful move against a heavyweight didn't he?'.

In the end reductive caricatures of ones imagined interlocutors, by one way or another, are not reliable substitutes for an adaptive conversation.

again though, he has a long history of fail moves in fights and zero instances I can think of where he actually hit a flashy technique. when he's won he's done it through simple yet effective boxing leading a textbook double leg and busy top control. i mean, of all the ways to attack the back of a heavyweight sambo master with great balance, the Leo Viera attack seems one of the least likely choices.

again though, he has a long history of fail moves in fights and zero instances I can think of where he actually hit a flashy technique. when he's won he's done it through simple yet effective boxing leading a textbook double leg and busy top control.

Don't disagree (i personally think it was an unforced error as well).

i think chael mentally goes crazy in fights he finds weird ways out of fights at times hes even admitted this that for awhile he was losing every fight in second round by triangle ect i think he over analyzes his fights and goes in and tries to be "unorthodox and do certain things thinking it will surprise his opponents but it ends up costing him every single time

what is your opinion of the "fixed" allegations?
It wasn't fixed. Chael just seems to give up in most of his fights. I remember hearing people talk about training with him and he'd quit in training as well. I'm one of those people that tell my friends that even the worst ufc\bellator flyweight could destroy me but for some reason I feel like I could beat Sonnen. He's the only fighter in either organization that I feel that way about. I say that mostly jokingly but part of me wonders.

If he hit the back take all the same critics would be lauding him. Oh Monday night armchair QBs. It was risky but I admire his balls. Fuck it

The execution was super sloppy. I have hit that move in practice and it's something you need to be sharp at to do in competition against a fat dude.

his old school guards and telegraphed leg attacks were a bit mystifying as well. longtime chael followers know that he has a deep history of strange choices and give-up moves

It always cracks me up when people think his fights are fixed because he loses in ridiculous ways. No, he just does that. He's been doing it his whole career. Like that spinning backfist in the 2nd Silva fight, it's just who he is as a fighter.

It wasn't fixed. Chael just seems to give up in most of his fights. I remember hearing people talk about training with him and he'd quit in training as well. I'm one of those people that tell my friends that even the worst ufc\bellator flyweight could destroy me but for some reason I feel like I could beat Sonnen. He's the only fighter in either organization that I feel that way about. I say that mostly jokingly but part of me wonders.

Dude you don’t get to where he got by having no heart, he might take stupid choices but heart? He has plenty.

Back