Man freed from Taliban thought captors joking about Trump being president.

Do you realize that Islam is an incredibly conservative religion and its extremists are fundamentalists?

Seriously, how stupid are you? Your beliefs, and the beliefs of Republicans, are much closer to that of an Islamic militant than mine, or that of any leftist.

Yes because being a conservative Christian makes it easier for you to betray your faith and adopt another culture/religion that's incongruent with the way of life you were born and raised in.

{<jordan}

Good god trotsky no wonder why no one here respects you.

Yes because being a conservative Christian makes it easier for you to betray your faith and adopt another culture/religion that's incongruent with your way of life.

Good god trotsky no wonder why no one here respects you.

It's not a different culture and its the most similar religion to Christianity that exists outside of Judaism. There is nothing "incongruent" when the two religions spark the same traditionalist social codes: subservience of women, homophobia, abstinence, piety, etc. I mean....you do realize the amount of textual overlap between the two faiths, yes? Conservative Christians and conservative Muslims are different sides of the same coin. It's the job of secular leftists to prevent them from killing each other and fucking it up for the adults in the room.

I do not care if you respect me. You're an illiterate, boot-licking wimp.

It's not a different culture

Stopped reading right there.

You need to be reeducated in one of Trotskys famous forced labor camps like all the other subservient leftist nincompoops.

You're an absolute joke.

Stopped reading right there.

You need to be reeducated in one of Trotskys famous forced labor camps like all the other subservient leftist nincompoops.

You're an absolute joke.

How am I not surprised that you would gawk at reading something.

Islam exists in multiple cultures. There is no singular culture of Islam and the "culture" that flows from its texts can be replicated as flowing from identical Christian texts. To that extent, fundamentalist Islamic "culture" is much more compatible with conservative Christian culture than the hedonistic lifestyle of us progressives. We fuck and dance and question our existence, while you guys bask in delusions of moral virtue and cry after you masturbate. But at least Middle Eastern Muslims have the excuse of being in resource-deprived areas where poverty and squalor are rampant. What's your excuse? Just that you're a fucking moron.

I'll take that white flag, since you've demonstrated that you'd prefer to whine like a little bitch and take your ball and go home.

How am I not surprised that you would gawk at reading something.

Islam exists in multiple cultures. There is no singular culture of Islam and the "culture" that flows from its texts can be replicated as flowing from identical Christian texts. To that extent, fundamentalist Islamic "culture" is much more compatible with conservative Christian culture than the hedonistic lifestyle of us progressives. We fuck and dance and question our existence, while you guys bask in delusions of moral virtue and cry after you masturbate. But at least Middle Eastern Muslims have the excuse of being in resource-deprived areas where poverty and squalor are rampant. What's your excuse? Just that you're a fucking moron.

I'll take that white flag, since you've demonstrated that you'd prefer to whine like a little bitch and take your ball and go home.

Check out this little Trotsky slave getting emotional and making retarded assumptions (like me being a Christian when in reality im a hardcore atheist).

Lol what a nincompoop.

Do you realize that Islam is an incredibly conservative religion and its extremists are fundamentalists? Like super far right?

The US-Canadian right wing shares few characteristics with the Taliban. Is this really how you view the political spectrum?

Check out this little Trotsky slave getting emotional and making retarded assumptions (like me being a Christian when in reality im a hardcore atheist).

Lol what a nincompoop.

Sorry, you have all the indicators of being a fundamentalist Christian (limited intellect, penchant for boot licking, lack of moral perspective, complete lack of self-awareness, etc.).

But any time you want to address my points like a big boy, let me know.

The US-Canadian right wing shares few characteristics with the Taliban. Is this really how you view the political spectrum?

Would you not agree that they share many more common characteristics with fundamentalist Muslims than does the left?

Hell, there's a right winger on this board arguing for Christian theocracy in the US as we speak. The entire Republican Primary was one big pandering to getting God back in the public sphere.

In the picture I saw of them, the wife looks kind of happy. Like, she's getting what she wants out of life at the moment. Not trying to be mean.

This is what's wrong with people. How the fuck could you think that was safe? Growing up with no sense of danger is how. You know I bet if we let them all immigrate here they'd be doctors

Yea, I mean I guess they're both conservative in a loose fitting way, but hardly something to argue over like "they're the same".

Conservative only fits a few qualifiers nowadays.

Merkels political party are conservative center-right, but full SJW on immigration and pandering to muslim sensibilities.

The UK "Conservative" government are likewise full SJW when it comes to pandering to muslim sensibilities. Theresa May was against Brexit standing with Cameron before the referendum. Rotherham and other events were done under their watch too (gotta treat Muslims like their pets).

Would you not agree that they share many more common characteristics with fundamentalist Muslims than does the left?

Hell, there's a right winger on this board arguing for Christian theocracy in the US as we speak. The entire Republican Primary was one big pandering to getting God back in the public sphere.
Not really. The left wing seems fairly pro-Islam and fairly anti-Christian to me. In the context of this incident, I agree with the presumption that a westerner allegedly seeking to join groups with Islamic views is more likely to hold left wing politician views than right wing views.

Not really. The left wing seems fairly pro-Islam and fairly anti-Christian to me. In the context of this incident, I agree with the presumption that a westerner allegedly seeking to join groups with Islamic views is more likely to hold left wing politician views than right wing views.

The left is not "pro-Islam," it's pro-Muslim, because they are humans and comprise nations that are in disarray largely because of Western military actions. This is something centrists and conservatives have difficulty understanding. The left sticks up for Muslims just as it did for slaves, the poor, gays, etc. The left opposes bigotry, anti-science, and barbarism in Islam just as it does in Christianity. The idea that the left is diametrical to the right, yet carves out exceptions for ideology that is far right of the right is absurd.

Islam and Christianity are, however, doctrinally similar and, absent the left's advocacy for Muslims on humanitarian bases and the right's aversion to them as a proxy for xenophobia and racism, it's very obvious that Muslims would favor a conservative theocracy posed by Ted Cruz, et al than a progressive secular democracy as posed by the left.

The left is not "pro-Islam," it's pro-Muslim, because they are humans and comprise nations that are in disarray largely because of Western military actions. This is something centrists and conservatives have difficulty understanding. The left sticks up for Muslims just as it did for slaves, the poor, gays, etc. The left opposes bigotry, anti-science, and barbarism in Islam just as it does in Christianity. The idea that the left is diametrical to the right, yet carves out exceptions for ideology that is far right of the right is absurd.

Islam and Christianity are, however, doctrinally similar and, absent the left's advocacy for Muslims on humanitarian bases and the right's aversion to them as a proxy for xenophobia and racism, it's very obvious that Muslims would favor a conservative theocracy posed by Ted Cruz, et al than a progressive secular democracy as posed by the left.
1. In terms of politics, Islam and Christianity are not doctrinally similar. Christianity is a religion that makes heavy personal demands on a person without making many political demands at all. Islam, or at least major interpretations of it, nearly mandate something of a theocracy.
2. I don't think conservatives in general have any trouble at all recognizing that Muslims are human beings. Also, it was the Republicans who stuck up for slaves and left wing pols like Woodrow Wilson who helped put blacks back into their place via segregation.
3. I think such an unnuanced view of the political spectrum is a sort of marketing. "Left wing means something good and right wing means something bad", without looking at what the people we commonly describe as left and right wing actually do or think.

The way I read it, it does not suggest or hint that the three children born were talibanese
"Boyle’s family — his American wife Caitlan Coleman and their three young children, who were all born in captivity"

Born in captivity does not suggest or hint anything to you? hmm...they must've just kidnapped a couple for no reason whatsoever and continue to let them bang each other amirite?

Also, Before:
F-Taliban_04-story.jpg

2 obese hipsters

And after:
636435739480255303-06.JPG

normal weight and the wife is wearing a hijab even after they're free. How we know they haven't been brainwashed already?

Last edited:

Possibly but maybe you're overstating the case. Muslims are very conservative socially but economically many could be said to be closer to the left. Zakat, one of the so called five pillars of Islam, is a tax on income meant to sustain a social safety net and that's straight from the Koran. The Gulf states all have a very strong welfare system for their citizens and in Pakistan they even have a basic income program for low income families with the requirement that the applicant be a female.

"Boyle’s family — his American wife Caitlan Coleman and their three young children, who were all born in captivity"

Born in captivity does not suggest or hint anything to you? hmm...they must've just kidnapped a couple for no reason whatsoever and continue to let them bang each other amirite?

Also, Before:
F-Taliban_04-story.jpg

2 obese hipsters

And after:
636435739480255303-06.JPG

normal weight and the wife is wearing a hijab even after they're free. How we know they haven't been brainwashed already?
He came out looking like a legit domestic terrorist

She came out hotter

1. In terms of politics, Islam and Christianity are not doctrinally similar.

Hmmmm, hot take.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_and_Quranic_narratives

2. I don't think conservatives in general have any trouble at all recognizing that Muslims are human beings. Also, it was the Republicans who stuck up for slaves and left wing pols like Woodrow Wilson who helped put blacks back into their place via segregation.

If you don't realize yet that the Republicans were the left party of the Civil War age, you likely never will. I didn't say anything about Democrats vs. Republicans, but left vs. right. The Democrats didn't emerge on the economic left until FDR and didn't emerge on the social left until George McGovern.

I think such an unnuanced view of the political spectrum is a sort of marketing. "Left wing means something good and right wing means something bad", without looking at what the people we commonly describe as left and right wing actually do or think.

So, you punt on the clear proximity between reactionary traditionalist Christians and reactionary traditionalist Muslims?

I really don't know how this is ambiguous.

Yes, they share some narrative similarities. This is irrelevant to my point that politically they are very dissimilar, with Christianity making no political demands on its followers other than to pay taxes and pray for their leaders, while Islam mandates theocratic elements in law and politics.

If you don't realize yet that the Republicans were the left party of the Civil War age, you likely never will. I didn't say anything about Democrats vs. Republicans, but left vs. right. The Democrats didn't emerge on the economic left until FDR and didn't emerge on the social left until George McGovern.

Right, so like I said, it's marketing. Turn history on its head so that the left is always right, er, correct.

So, you punt on the clear proximity between reactionary traditionalist Christians and reactionary traditionalist Muslims?

I really don't know how this is ambiguous.
I'm not punting at all. And no, it isn't ambiguous. Reactionary traditionalist Christians in Canada and the US want to vote for their leaders, want their daughters to be educated, don't murder their daughters for honor's sake if they are raped, etc. You are treating two things that are different as if they were the same.

Right, so like I said, it's marketing. Turn history on its head so that the left is always right, er, correct
No, that’s simple historical fact. You are spreading a blatant lie that is in absolute disagreement with the basic historical record. It is not in dispute. Where the hell would “marketing” come in? The Republican Party of today is the right-wing party of the era; when it emerged, it was the left-wing party. You’re willfully ignorant or disgustingly mendacious.

Stood up for slaves? LOL

Do you know ANYTHING about the history of the democratic party?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back