Man on Fire vs Taken... which film was better?

Taken has the best scene where Liam finds the guy who kidnapped his daughter saying 'you dont remember me? We spoke a few days ago. I told you I'd find you."

Man on fire has the better 2nd half of the movie and ending for sure.

I liked both but man on fire is better

One movie has Denzel Washington in it, the other doesn't. So, MoF....easily.

vs

Man on Fire... Trailer

Taken... Trailer

So... which film was better?

Dude HOW?????

HOW are we even talking about this??? Man On Fire is a fucking classic and for the right reasons too. I love Liam Neeson but Denzel made me cry every. mother. fucking. single. time I watched Man On Fire. I will make my future kids watch it on weekly basis until they're 18, because only then they can move out and watch it weekly of their own volition. It's exquisite. Also, Mercedes S600 SEL. FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!

easily Man on Fire

'Creasy's art is death, and he's about to paint his masterpiece' is one of the greatest lines in cinema history IMO

"I have a certain set of skills" is the greatest line in cinema history

I like both a lot, but Man on Fire is easily the better overall movie.

Man on Fire has more birds. Gets my vote.

Man from Nowhere > Man on Fire = Leon the Professional > Taken

Taken is a one note, over-the-top action movie. Which is fine, but Man on Fire is actually a quality story, with it's own fair share of badass moments as well as an emotional punch. Plus Maggie Grace is like 30 years old, but her character acted younger and dumber than Dakota Fanning.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this, Maggie Grace as the daddy's girl in the beginning of the movie with her little backpack on is just preposterous. Fanning was known for playing the precious child in those days though.

Man on Fire tried to be a real film with character arcs and consequences. If anything not being an over-the-top revenge fantasy made it more of a film, not less.

man on fire with out a doubt.

Man on Fire - Taken is good but kind of corny.

I guess Man on afire is a bit corny too, but less so than Taken

Man on Fire for me, no question.

The "set of skills speech" was awesome, but I liked this so much more.

Back