Manager: Edson Barbza 'will probably' fight Justin Gaethje next

Terrible idea for both fighters.
Awesome idea for us, fans.

They should make this fight the main event on "UFC 229: Loser will not be punished at all (since they brought us millions of new fans)"

Pumped!!! Both are exciting... and Bang!!! Someone or both leave messed up... Highlight-Reel Knockout. #Fight of the Night!!!

What, people now think Warboza is just gonna wait there and let any and all comers take him down?
This will be a stand up war and my man will KO Gaetje via spinning shit.

Justin has a wrestling background. Though, he really only uses it to defend against grappling threats.

Hell Yeah! Barboza goes on a kick feast with that walking Frankenstein and gets back in the win column Gaethje style is punch/kick bag practice for Edson...

Dont wanna see either lose again.....

But try and tell me that Justin isnt gonna go out there and try to prove his kickboxing chops against Barboza. I kinda think he clips Edson with that forward pressure and winging punches he does..

This will be the fight where Gaethje decides to be a wrestler again, and then its gonna be 3 straight wrestling beatdowns for Edson.

usa_today_9935870.0.jpg

"I probably think they will send Justin Gaethje to him (Barboza),'' Barboza's manager Alex Davis told PVT.

http://portaldovaletudo.uol.com.br/...e-e-cobra-quero-que-ele-mude-os-treinos-dele/
<mma4>

Not a bad fight. Another brutal one for both guys though

Will be fascinating to see Gaethje fight a guy that can handle leg kicks and arguably dish them out worse. Both guys are so fucking likeable that I almost hate had he idea of this match up tho. Gaethje has been a relative bust in the UFC and never even fought the tippity top guys, but every time he fights, it is MUST WATCH TV, and, one could make the case he is the most exciting fighter ever. Any one that followed Gaethje's career knew that with his style, his chin would eventually give out. When your game is reliant upon your chin, you will eventually lose.

Relative bust? He’s put on 3 fights that have all been some of the best fights in the UFC in the past 2 years and yes, he has been finished, but, they have been brutal fights. Not 1 sided beatdowns, but back and forth wars. Dustin and Eddie were both close to being done at 1 point in the fight as well so it’s not like Justin got beat on for a few rounds in a row before being mercifully KO’d. And the guy’s he’s lost to are a former champion and a potential title contender.

If the UFC somehow manages to let go of Justin because of a string of losses, I’d be sorely disappointed in them. Their goal should be to put on the most exciting fights out there. And guy’s like Justin do that. He’s not ever in any fights that aren’t exciting.

I like the Idea of Justin vs Beneil though and someone mentioned Duffy vs Edson, I wouldn’t mind seeing Edson take on someone like Mercier. Maybe Justin can fight like Alex Hernandez or something, just someone a bit further down in the rankings. Taking on 3 straight top 10 guys and MJ before that in the LW division is a tough task for anyone.

Bad match making. They should both take a step back and fight lower ranked guys, thus allowing the opportunity for new guys to get into the top 10.

Neither of them deserve to fight each other, both have gotten to fight two top 10 fighters in a row and they both lost two in a row, they should give some lower ranked guys a chance.

Exactly.

Very exciting and fun matchup, I want to see it

Good fight, but bad timing for it.

Relative bust? He’s put on 3 fights that have all been some of the best fights in the UFC in the past 2 years and yes, he has been finished, but, they have been brutal fights. Not 1 sided beatdowns, but back and forth wars. Dustin and Eddie were both close to being done at 1 point in the fight as well so it’s not like Justin got beat on for a few rounds in a row before being mercifully KO’d. And the guy’s he’s lost to are a former champion and a potential title contender.

If the UFC somehow manages to let go of Justin because of a string of losses, I’d be sorely disappointed in them. Their goal should be to put on the most exciting fights out there. And guy’s like Justin do that. He’s not ever in any fights that aren’t exciting.

I like the Idea of Justin vs Beneil though and someone mentioned Duffy vs Edson, I wouldn’t mind seeing Edson take on someone like Mercier. Maybe Justin can fight like Alex Hernandez or something, just someone a bit further down in the rankings. Taking on 3 straight top 10 guys and MJ before that in the LW division is a tough task for anyone.
I agree that his fights have been great but he has been a bust in the sense that he was not the champ material some expected as some expected him to be. If you are losing to Poirier and Eddie, then you are clearly a tier below the Conor, Khabib and Tony's of the roster. He may still match up well with someone like Khabib or Kevin Lee, owing to his anti wrestling, but an elusive sniper like McGregor would besmirch him.

Lando is another one that has put on some incredibly entertaining fights, and against great fighters, but these guys are in the business to be the best and they will even tell you that. Gaethje was devastated after this recent loss and later admitted he has to change his game plan.

I agree that I'd rather see the most entertaining fights, however, there is still a market for finding out who the best fighter is, even if he may not be the most entertaining (see the career of GSP). Gaethje only has been underwhelming in the sense that some expected him to be at the top of the food chain. What is troubling is that in both recent performances, the opponents used his modus operandi and out lasted him - something that never happened as Gaethje always used his will and attrition to beat his opponents.

I dont like. Lets do:

Gaethje vs Iaquinta
Barboza vs Taisumov
I actually like Al and Taisumov in those fights, even tho they will both likely be dogs. Al's boxing and power would be bad news for Justin and tho I love Barboza's style, I think he has been one of the most overrated fighter since on the roster owing to fans loving flashy styles. Taisumov is a fucking killer and may be one of the most under rated fighters on the roster too; his hand game and striking may be too much for Barboza, who has shown a weakness to good boxing.

Why would you want this if you are either guy? Fight a tune up. Where is Chiesa or Dariush?

For real! LW division has like 100 dudes at any given time. I’m not saying give them a complete unknown, but there’s gotta be somebody. A veteran like Miller, an up-n-comer like Vick or Teymur, a middle-of-the-pack dude like Alex White, or even a “name” guy like Bobby Green, who, while kind of entertaining because of his Diaz-type B.S., is not going to take more years off Gaethje’s or Barboza’s life.

Gaethje by KO. Edson doesn't do well when pressured and that's all Justin does.
This, unfortunately :(

I really hoped both guys would get a lower ranked opponent to get back into their grooves.

Back