MANDY (2018) starring Nic Cage

The movie was just nic cage with a go pro on his typical Friday nigth

97% on RT so far. :eek:

Nic Cage has finally made a good movie?

Anybody remember when Nic Cage paid like a million dollars for a dinosaur bone and it turned out to be fake? Wasn't that Nic Cage?

I´ve got to admit.

Mandy, starring Nic Cage is one of the trippiest movies I have ever seen. I guess it would have been more full effect together with a joint, but those smoking days are long gone.

Cage is one of my favourite actors, so I watch anything with him, even though I know the rest of the movie sucks. He is so intense, and with the right director and script, he will become a power house. Sadly the last good movie with him was Army of One (2016), but between all the money grabbing movies, I know there will come a movie that will remind all the haters how ridiculous great of an actor he is.

The director of this movie is someone I have never heard of, but one can notice quickly he has an eye for the visual, with some really memoralbe scenes in it.

A surprisingly good revenge movie.

8/10

TkDElBC.jpg

FhmBGH0.jpg

Last edited:
just watched trailer and it looks good. Its not on netfilx or amazon prime though so i might have to put it on the backburner for now

Yeah I've been keeping an eye out for this one since I heard the director interviewed.

Batshit Cage is best Cage.

I put this review in another thread, but why not this one too?

Mandy -
mandy---still-1_38711803411_o-h_2018.jpg

A slow (and it's slow) build up of a drug filled, psychedelic tranced story that leads to a good old revenge flick towards the end. Nick gets let out of his proverbial "cage" very well, and it turns into a hallucinogenic gore fest. Great ending, and if you love extremely colorful visuals, combined with satanic and religious symbolism that ends with head popping and blood spewing fun, then you might want to check it out if it's in a theater near you. Just don't expect crazy Nick Cage to be in the whole movie. The directors build up to that shit, and the dude has like 11 lines in the movie. 7/10

*Hint* If it's not in a theater near you, it's not NOT on the internet. That was a double negative for a reason

Mandy was awesome. Normally i hate wannabe arty slow horror movies, but this was cool, and had a great vibe. Amazing score, and the last hour of crazy Cage was terrific. If they just trimmed the beginning by 10-15 mins it would be perfect

Is it on On Demand now or Amazon?
It's in theaters and can be rented on amazon

Just saw it...

I really wanted to love this movie, but it just didn’t deliver.

There are some good parts, but ultimately it’s like salvaging around in a junkyard. I could pick out a great 10 minutes, and have a very fine short film. Not worth the drek through the other 110 though. That was fucking laborious.

And I don’t mean slow - I love slow. This was poorly paced, and lazily written. Bad combination. Overall it felt like a music video or TV commercial director, trying to be a feature film director. All style, and no substance.

The good: The cinematography, & the score. That’s it. The look of the film is great, & interesting. The original synth score was well-made, if overbearing at times, used quite often in place of any real storytelling or pacing.

I would put Cage in the good column; but he’s not in it enough, and doesn’t have much to work with. What he is given, he makes the most of.

It’s hallucinogenic, but tediously so after a while, because most of the elements are weak. Cage is great, but all of the other characters are all really hacky, and the film spends a ton of time away from him, & with all of them. The plot acts like it's going to be bigger than it is at first, but then quickly just boils down to a simple series of cliches, & ends up being 100% predictable from beginning to end. Which takes seemingly forever.

The action is cheesy, and only takes up a short portion of the film; both people looking for a hard-hitting psycho thriller, and people just looking for a fun action ride, will likely both be disappointed. This film is neither, it is just kind of a shiny but shallow thing, that takes way too long, to do not much. An experiment that sounded great on paper, but ended up mostly failing. 5.8/10, would not bang

I knew this was going to be good. It has Tom Cruises wife from Oblivion, Christian Bales dad from Batman Begins, Arnold Schwarzeneggars token black guy and Nick Cage doing his best Leaving Las Vegas impersonation. You know the one, where he actually acts.

Back